Well I bought another HK.

The best LEM trigger is on usp series. P30 LEM is not as good.
Absolutely agree. It’s not even close. The P2000 LEM is also better, but still not as good. I find the reset on the USP series LEM triggers is noticeably shorter than than the reset on the P30 LEM triggers.

P7-PSP and VP9 here and checking in.

I sooooo wanted a P7M8 back I’m the 80’s. I was poor. Fast forward to now and I’m still (adjusted) for inflation poor.

The P7 series are my favorite autos.

I don't own any HK's but I've been contemplating buying one, maybe a p30sk or a p2000 for CC (no VP9, I prefer hammer fired). I've noticed the USP and the p30 seem to be discussed more than the p2000. Is is there a reason why the p2000 isn't as popular?

HK45- won on NES monthly giveaway back in 2017. The pistol is a tack driver- I don’t shoot it at every outing but everyone who shoots it loves it. I keep the TLR1 on as I put it on a couple of years ago and it just balances the gun well. I have had sessions where holes in the paper are touching and that isn’t something I can do consistently but I have with this set up.

Attachments

• 086F484D-D4AF-40F3-ACE1-6DA19B871EEA.jpeg
    086F484D-D4AF-40F3-ACE1-6DA19B871EEA.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 22
Absolutely agree. It’s not even close. The P2000 LEM is also better, but still not as good. I find the reset on the USP series LEM triggers is noticeably shorter than than the reset on the P30 LEM triggers.
That's why I still haven't decided on a P30 or P30L. Only HK45/45C and USP sit in my Safe.

Is it me or has the drought on HK pistols been especially bad?

I am seeing stock of most other brands - but HK inventory is practically non-existent. My "want" is a VP9SK, but finding one is challenge #1 (challenge #2 going through the extra work to get it into MA)

I am seeing stock of most other brands - but HK inventory is practically non-existent. My "want" is a VP9SK, but finding one is challenge #1 (challenge #2 going through the extra work to get it into MA)

Challenge 2 is easy, 1 is the pain in the ass part. There is a drought of EVERYTHING lately.

About a month ago, I picked up this HK45C. It was the only one available in a 1/2 hour radius (and only non-1911 45 ACP available). Already have a 1911 I built, so I wanted something different. Wasn't set on what I wanted at the time, and I'm glad I found the 45C. I've been searching for an ambi safety, but all sources appear on backorder. I did find a lefty safety for short money ($17) and installed it. Fairly simple process.

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

Hell yes I love HK. First firearm i bought was a VP9 with the dark bronze slide ( I think it looks super slick). I pretty much want every gun HK has ever made. I just don't have the money to afford them all. Next I'm trying to find a USPc9. Which is next to impossible in this state since it's "Not on the list" even though the USPc40 and 45 are (last i checked).

I had a German Hi Point for a while, one of the few HK guns I sold but probably should have thrown in the back of the safe since they'll probably be worth stupid money some day.

I bought mine for two reasons:

1) It was used in the movie Aliens
2) I like dragging it out when someone says "blah blah blah Glock was the first polymer blah blah blah..."

Man, is it a terrible gun though. The trigger is like a staple gun. I thought I'd try doing steel plates with it (because it's weird) and discovered I couldn't actually pull the trigger 25 times quickly.

Am I the only one with a VP70?

Its biggest positive feature is its 18 round magazines.

You mean it holds 18 staples. The German staple gun.

When I saw one for the first time at a lgs back in the day I wanted it. I asked the employee if I could see it. I tried out the trigger and it was no bueno.

I still should of bought it just for Hk history. The store had it on consignment and the guy wanted $750.

Hindsight 20/20

I love HK, just stopped by gfa in natick the other day and Greg had his personal g36 auto displayed on the rack. I couldn’t stop drooling.

Love them or hate them, they’ve made some cool stuff.

I bought mine for two reasons:

1) It was used in the movie Aliens
2) I like dragging it out when someone says "blah blah blah Glock was the first polymer blah blah blah..."

Man, is it a terrible gun though. The trigger is like a staple gun. I thought I'd try doing steel plates with it (because it's weird) and discovered I couldn't actually pull the trigger 25 times quickly.
It's actually far worse than a staple gun imo....

I've noticed this too. Places will get 10 shipments of like 10-15 S&W guns and then get 3 vp9's in.

Try running s staple gun with just your trigger finger.
The vp70 trigger however does not have a good means to apply pressure like a staple gun does though. Staple guns have mechanical advantage, the vp70 doesn't, lol. I think the last time I fired one I literally had to use two fingers to pull the trigger... [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom