Well I bought another HK.

The newer guns are worse, P30, VP9, etc... even with a different backstrap installed... still point them at the ground. Example, i draw blind, point where i think it should be intuitively,open my eyes, front sight is always like 5-10 degrees down. If i draw a 1911, Glock, Sig, or my CZs... sights are either spot on or front only has to be pushed down slightly. It sounds dumb but it's annoying to deal with.

Maybe the grip angle?

I never took to glocks simply because the grip angle always felt wrong. I tend to shoot real well with anything similar to a 1911 grip angle. The grip fits just right.

Not knocking any particular manufacturer, its just that everyone's ergonomics needs and "natural" hand grip are obviously different.

I have an H&K USP 45c that I'm going to sell. I sold the USP 40c. I bought one of the former NJ SP P7M8 many years ago and it cost a pretty penny back then ($800 IIRC) and I have the VP9, both of which I'm keeping.

I picked up the VP9 at a LGS on a whim as it felt great in the hand and it was a really good price. Its been an excellent gun right out of the box and eats everything....and I hit what I am aiming at!

Maybe the grip angle?

I never took to glocks simply because the grip angle always felt wrong. I tend to shoot real well with anything similar to a 1911 grip angle. The grip fits just right.

Not knocking any particular manufacturer, its just that everyone's ergonomics needs and "natural" hand grip are obviously different.
Same here. The 1911 and similarly gripped guns just fit me right. That's why my Ruger is a 22/45 and my High Standard is a 'Military'meaning it has a 1911 type geometry. If I hold a Glock comfortably I'm pointing it to the sky.

My favorite Pistol to shoot is my P30L LEM. Use it for IDPA when I shoot SSP. Had a VP9 and liked it as well but ended up selling it to fund another purchase. Kind of regret it sometimes. I would grab an HK 45 if I saw one for a decent price. My brother has one and loves it.

I know we have plenty of haters but do we have any HK lovers like myself here?

Yes. I'm a big fan of my P30 nightstand gun and my P30sk carry piece.....they've both been shot quite a bit with barely a hiccup. If I had more spare $$ I most certainly would have more in the collection

The HK45c does that have the o-ring barrel?

yes o ring barrel

i find the 45c grip to suck. It’s also a bit too short for my hand. The gun just doesn’t stay put for me. The full size 45 or any other HK is fine for me but the 45c occupies this weird size for which I have no purpose.

yes o ring barrel

i find the 45c grip to suck. It’s also a bit too short for my hand. The gun just doesn’t stay put for me. The full size 45 or any other HK is fine for me but the 45c occupies this weird size for which I have no purpose.

same, I would of added to the collection but the grip sucks

Well, I'm presently an "outsider" fan, and am working on acquiring my first H&K. So, I'll have a better response in under 30 hours.
[smile]

Jay

Not an outsider anymore. Today, I picked up a very slightly used H&K P30SK from a fellow NES'er. Gun looks brand new, super clean, and a great price. Can't wait to get it to the range.

Substitute the word Rifle for H&K P30SK... just playin around. Mrs. a73elkyss knows all and see's all gun stuff. She just rolls her eyes

dJzFMOU.jpg

Jay

I know we have plenty of haters but do we have any HK lovers like myself here?

Absolutely. I’m pissed at myself for getting Rid of my 45C, but am picking up a replacement tomorrow. It‘ll be nice to have an HK back in the stable. I’d love a P30SKS at some point down the line.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I’m pissed at myself for getting Rid of my 45C, but am picking up a replacement tomorrow. It‘ll be nice to have an HK back in the stable. I’d love a P30SKS at some point down the line.
My P30 SKS is my primary carry gun. It is an excellent pistol that I would trust with my life.

My P30 SKS is my primary carry gun. It is an excellent pistol that I would trust with my life.

Same here. I'd say it's the most reliable handgun I own. I bought it not long after it's release and I honestly can't think of having any problems with it, which is something I can't say for the rest of my handguns....

Not an outsider anymore. Today, I picked up a very slightly used H&K P30SK from a fellow NES'er. Gun looks brand new, super clean, and a great price. Can't wait to get it to the range.

Substitute the word Rifle for H&K P30SK... just playin around. Mrs. a73elkyss knows all and see's all gun stuff. She just rolls her eyes

dJzFMOU.jpg

Jay
I think you will like it a lot. Enjoy and give us your opinion afterthe range visit.

I chose a p365 that was on sale over a p2000sk. Sorta regret it because I'm used to the paddle mag release on my orher HKs, but can't beat the size

I had a HK USP 45 pistol that I bought because it could be reconfigured to a lefty safety. It took me 9 months to acquire the $75 part and the only person I could find to assemble it was backlogged 18 months, so I sold it. Fine gun but there was a hefty HK tax for ownership

And I still have that gun you sold me and I love it. I think it’s one of the best 45s I’ve ever shot and I still have the lefty safety in the box since I’m a righty. In fact I love it so much I got a VP9, P30SK (my main carry gun) and a P30 in 40 S&W (which shoots great) to go with it. Thanks for starting the disease.

Same here. I'd say it's the most reliable handgun I own. I bought it not long after it's release and I honestly can't think of having any problems with it, which is something I can't say for the rest of my handguns....
I have a P365 for EDC, but I really like the HK platform. High quality, very accurate, and reliable. Not that my 365 isn’t, but I’ve never gotten rid of a Sig and then looked out for the exact model I got rid of.

And I got rid of a US 45C and am replacing with a German 45C which is what I wanted all along.

I used to own most of their handgun product line. Great guns, just most of them don't work for me, they don't point right. It's hard to explain but the natural point of aim sucks on most of them for me. I have to roll my hands back to bring the front up. It is easier for me to push the sights down than up.

Call me up when they bring the P7M8 back. That's literally the only one I had that i really miss, and im not paying 3k to get one back. Although if i hit the lottery i would buy another maritime finish MK23, kinda miss that one, too... even though it's one if the fundamentally dumbest guns on the planet, it's a work of art.

Sorry to hear about your Glock Hands...:confused:

I’ve a couple of HKs that I like. A VP9SK (the LE version with real night sights) and an HK45. I’ve installed the Grayguns short reset system on the HK45 and it’s now one of my favorite 45s. Just as an aside, the Grayguns short reset is, in my opinion, one of the most cost effective improvements I’ve made to any gun, $85 very well spent.

Back
Top Bottom