• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Well I bought another HK.

If I could only own one brand of gun in some messed up hypothetical world it would absolutely be HK. There isn't another brand that would even make that decision a contest.

....do we have any HK lovers like myself here?
oh sure. back in the day i purchased a hk p9s european police turn in from a gun shop in vinal square, lowell. forget the name. had to be around 1988. sweet gun, fairly large but it was a duty gun after all. the thing i remember most after all these years was how smooth and easy it was to rack the slide. loved the design and operation but sold it to a friend who pestered me for it. that .45 you got has been on my hit list. always meant to get another hk but it never worked out. in those days the 9mm hadn't gotten much traction yet and ammo was cheap! pounded thousands and thousands of rounds through it before i parted with it. i hope you enjoy your new pistol!

1600788900703.png

I used to own most of their handgun product line. Great guns, just most of them don't work for me, they don't point right. It's hard to explain but the natural point of aim sucks on most of them for me. I have to roll my hands back to bring the front up. It is easier for me to push the sights down than up.

Call me up when they bring the P7M8 back. That's literally the only one I had that i really miss, and im not paying 3k to get one back. Although if i hit the lottery i would buy another maritime finish MK23, kinda miss that one, too... even though it's one if the fundamentally dumbest guns on the planet, it's a work of art.

I used to own most of their handgun product line. Great guns, just most of them don't work for me, they don't point right. It's hard to explain but the natural point of aim sucks on most of them for me. I have to roll my hands back to bring the front up. It is easier for me to push the sights down than up.

Call me up when they bring the P7M8 back. That's literally the only one I had that i really miss, and im not paying 3k to get one back. Although if i hit the lottery i would buy another maritime finish MK23, kinda miss that one, too... even though it's one if the fundamentally dumbest guns on the planet, it's a work of art.
Dumb question but have you tried the new grips. For years a friend pestered me to buy a USP. I hated the ergonomics of it in my hands. So I never bought one.Then I tried the new HK45 when it came out. I was instantly sold. All my my HKs with one exception are the new grip. I bought a USP 9 LEM at a gun show years ago because it was only $500 but I still don't like the ergonomics. The only newer model I dont have is the P30L or P2000s. The P30L is not worth the premium for 1/2 of barrel.

Is yours US made and the other 2 were German? That's usually cause for the price difference, or LEM trigger already installed.

Had a USP 40, liked it. I'd blow lottery winnings on a Mk23 for sure. Being able to get Glocks on the cheap, that's the direction I went for my Tupperware fixes.

Dumb question but have you tried the new grips. For years a friend pestered me to buy a USP. I hated the ergonomics of it in my hands. Then I tried the new HK45 when it came out. I was instantly sold. All my my HKs with one exception are the new grip. I bought a USP 9 LEM at a gun show years ago because it was only $500 but I still don't like the ergonomics. The only newer model I dont have is the P30L or P2000s. The P30L is not worth the premium for 1/2 of barrel.
The newer guns are worse, P30, VP9, etc... even with a different backstrap installed... still point them at the ground. Example, i draw blind, point where i think it should be intuitively,open my eyes, front sight is always like 5-10 degrees down. If i draw a 1911, Glock, Sig, or my CZs... sights are either spot on or front only has to be pushed down slightly. It sounds dumb but it's annoying to deal with.

oh yeah, super gun also, that's the squeeze cocker, was it not? another one i turned down, another bone head move on my part. i believe they sell for serious money now.
I had one sold it for like $1300. Was my first gun. Dumbest sale ever, lol. The only one i regret more was my Colt 6520.

I had one sold it for like $1300. Was my first gun. Dumbest sale ever, lol. The only one i regret more was my Colt 6520.
a shame. i've done some bonehead gun moves, like lusting after a colt saa in 45 colt, buying it brand new for $429, shot it once and said "what's the fuss about" and promptly traded it in the next week. i want that one back!!!!! [crying][banghead][crying]

Loved my VP9, as someone else said though, it didn’t work for me. Even with all the changeable back straps and grip panels, I couldn’t point and shoot it as well as I wanted to.
Picked up a gen3 g19 and instantly felt like, and was a better shooter. The Glock is an ugly brick and I don’t particularly like it, but I shoot it well and that’s what I was looking for. So, I traded the VP9 and all its ambi goodness for some ammo before everything went completely cuckoo. I miss it and still consider a P30 every now and then, but I need to shoot it first.

I had a HK USP 45 pistol that I bought because it could be reconfigured to a lefty safety. It took me 9 months to acquire the $75 part and the only person I could find to assemble it was backlogged 18 months, so I sold it. Fine gun but there was a hefty HK tax for ownership

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom