• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Welcome to hell"

Just moved to the Boston area, have a few questions:

1. I need CLP, hoppes, etc , where can I find some?
2. I also need a firearm course to get the LTC application started ASAP, can I get some recommendations in the Boston area?
3. Did I read correctly that ammo has to be "locked"??!? Where can I get some cabelas type plastic locking ammo boxes?
4. There is only one "club" that allows title II correct? What is their name and do I need anything special to become a member there?
5. If a cable gun lock is not on the "list" is it still legal?

THANKS!

Last edited:
Some more questions

What is primed brass (empty case and live primer) considered, "ammunition" and/or "primers"? And how should it be stored?

Is there a thread that lists all the gun stores in the area and places/people that teach the mandatory firearm safety courses?

What is the place called that screwed you guys on the mail order ammo? no need to give them my money...

Last edited:
Walmart carries both the Hoppes and CLP.

Mass firearms is awesome in my opinion, about 45min west of Boston. Classes all the time, hell, you could go to one tomorrow. http://www.massfirearmsschool.com/

I get my ammo cans online, here's the ones I use, they stack real nice. http://www.amazon.com/MTM-Forest-Gr...V46O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1338685577&sr=8-3

I believe the "approved lock list" only applies to dealers selling guns. I'm sure someone else will comment on this one.

Hopefully you are not actually in Boston, Mass is bad enough with the laws but Bostons even worse!

Welcome to The Peoples Republic.

Go to www.goal.org and click on the Regulations tab - it will take you to the FAQs that will answer many questions.

The Hunter Ed course is free, as stated above, but some towns will not accept it for LTC (though, by statute, they should) and it takes a lot longer than an LTC course.

WRT Locks - be very, very careful, as what is acceptable for storage may not be acceptable for transport. Also, if you just moved here, and are under the "grace period", this applies only to storage, not transport.

"What is primed brass (empty case and live primer) considered, "ammunition" and/or "primers"? And how should it be stored?"

Air, the direction east, aspirin, coal, and a sock are all considered "ammunition" in MA...lock them all up.

Back
Top Bottom