Welcome home firearm

Bought my first handgun today, finally found a nice and new Glock 19 also picked up a Glock 26 ! A little excited [smile]
i have a 200 gift card from Amazon that's been rotting in my email.

since I got most of the basics I was wondering what do you guys think I should use it for..
This is what I had in mind:
Agency trigger
Glocks 3.5 lbs minus connector
Glocks ext mag release and ext slide lock
Trijicon night sights
'or a light for the Glock 19

Since I won't be buying all of it what should come first ?

Holsters.

Shoot the gun stock. Learn how to shoot it, clean it, take it apart, put it back together, draw it, fire it, develop muscle memory. They are excellent guns in stock form. Become proficient driving a Toyota Corolla before buying a Lamborghini Countach (yes, thats old school but my favorite)

Last edited:
Got a couple holsters already, alien gear iwb (favorite), a couple kydex ones and another hybrid one. Also picked up mags have 3 for each Glock and one preban 15 and a pre ban Glock 17 mag

Shoot the gun stock. Learn how to shoot it, clean it, take it apart, put it back together, draw it, fire it, develop muscle memory. They are excellent guns in stock form. Become proficient driving a Toyota Corolla before buying a Lamborghini Countach (yes, thats old school but my favorite)
this is definitely good advice, I just figure I've had this giftcard just sitting there.

Take a class with Cloverleaf Firearms. He will teach you how to make those Glocks sing.

Owning a firearm doesn't make you armed anymore than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Enjoy your new Glocks and practice practice practice.

Slow down there, cowboy. Stop throwing money around and spend it on a range membership, ammo, and training with a good instructor (CloverleafFirearmsGroup here is great at teaching shooting fundamentals).

Congrats on your purchase.

Join a GOOD range & take classes on BOTH target shooting & concealed carry!!!!

Disassemble your pistols, CLEAN them & Re-assemble.... Followed by shoot them & repeat over & over & over!

Go GREEN! [smile]

Practice Practice Practice!

ameriglo sights
it's the only upgrade a glock needs are new sights.

-----

just re-read your OP. didn't notice this was your first handgun.
in that case I agree w everyone about ammo, training, and dry firing.
no need to go upgrading your pistol if it's the first one....time behind trigger way more valuable.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the above posters - Training, mags, ammo, sights and a light. Preferably in that order. Don't go messing around with trigger parts or extended doo-dads - you don't need them.

Slow down there, cowboy. Stop throwing money around and spend it on a range membership, ammo, and training with a good instructor (CloverleafFirearmsGroup here is great at teaching shooting fundamentals).

all this. all the shit that i added to the gun except for the night sights got taken off.

Guys keep in mind he isn't spending cash, he has a spare Amazon card. Unless Stu takes amazon cards for payment (if he does let me know!) I doubt he can use that for training. Or for Mags or ammo for that matter.

If I had a new Glock and was looking to shop Amazon for some accessories, I would first upgrade my sights.

Guys keep in mind he isn't spending cash, he has a spare Amazon card. Unless Stu takes amazon cards for payment (if he does let me know!) I doubt he can use that for training. Or for Mags or ammo for that matter.
Range bag, cleaning kit, pistol case, holster, mag pouch, squib rod, stapler, targets, eye and ear protection, etc. All necessary and all available on Amazon, yet none will **** up the gun and requires the re-installation of stock parts.

I'm not a huge fan of just throwing a (-) connector in concealed carry Glocks.

I use an NY1 (green) trigger spring and (-) connector in it. Slightly higher overall trigger pull, but the wall is softer at the break. Gives me a lot more confidence when working from a concealed holster. My G34 with the (-) connector and 5lb trigger spring is touchy. I love it, but I wouldn't want to work from concealment with it.

If it has to be on Amazon, eye and ear pro and a good pair of boots so that you won't be afraid to go practice when it's wet and rainy out.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Congrats on your fine purchases. Learn the guns inside and out, practice as much as you can. Find a personal defense ammo that works well with the guns. Buy loads of target ammo and become proficient with the weapon, then make up your mind what you may add to the guns. Good luck and have fun.

Holsters.

this

Thanks for all the feed back so far guys, I really appreciate the positive comments.
i got a membership at MFS, like the place, but I wanna find an outdoor shooting range too.

i have all the basics already (cleaning kit, lubricant, cleanin solutions, safe box, eyes and ears I've always had them, little first aid kit, multi tool, etc..)

The he giftcard I have is free money, I really can't use to pump gas or buy ammo or food, so I figure I'd go with something for my guns, so I think all I'll get for now is the sights, maybe even buy 2, one for the 26 and one for the 19.

what sights are recommended for them ?

I agree with what been already said......
The only thing that I modified on my G19 was the sights... Went with the XS 24/7 big dot. I would not change anything else IMO.

Range bag, cleaning kit ...... As above mentioned.

Thanks for all the feed back so far guys, I really appreciate the positive comments.
i got a membership at MFS, like the place, but I wanna find an outdoor shooting range too.

i have all the basics already (cleaning kit, lubricant, cleanin solutions, safe box, eyes and ears I've always had them, little first aid kit, multi tool, etc..)

The he giftcard I have is free money, I really can't use to pump gas or buy ammo or food, so I figure I'd go with something for my guns, so I think all I'll get for now is the sights, maybe even buy 2, one for the 26 and one for the 19.

what sights are recommended for them ?

Have a set of trijicon's on my 19 with the orange front/green back and love them. Easy to target acquire with the bright orange in the front.

Some like the blacked out rear option but since this is your first I would stick with the conventional version.

Check out all the options and find the one you like best then practice till your hands ache.

i agree with everyone else...as far as using your amazon gift card i'd go with sights

the light is ok if you plan to use it as a home defense pistol but as everyone here will say you should always ID a target before firing and you shouldn't point a pistol with a light on it at someone while trying to ID...get an extra handheld flashlight in addition to a pistol mounted one if that is what you want...if you were to only have one go with a hand held flashlight

the only thing i did on my g19 (other than sights) was a hogue handall grip...pain to put on but it works nice in the summer when your hands get sweaty

also pick up a uplula speed loader for it...makes loading fast and easy

other than these optional things there really is nothing else you should need to do to either of them

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of just throwing a (-) connector in concealed carry Glocks.

I use an NY1 (green) trigger spring and (-) connector in it. Slightly higher overall trigger pull, but the wall is softer at the break. Gives me a lot more confidence when working from a concealed holster. My G34 with the (-) connector and 5lb trigger spring is touchy. I love it, but I wouldn't want to work from concealment with it.

This x1000. If you are going to carry a Glock concealed, be very, very careful as a new shooter about making your trigger lighter.

I have a range Glock that's a lot of fun with a ghost connector, but if you were in a defensive shooting situation, do you really want to give the AG the ability to say to a jury "he went out looking for this, he even had it modified so it was a hair trigger".

It doesn't matter if it's true, it matters what the jury hears.

If you're range only, have fun.

But buy the practical stuff first.

Back
Top Bottom