Weekend mini heatwave - anyone go shooting?

Individualist

NES Member
Took advantage of the unusually warm weather today and hit the outdoor range today with my son before he heads back to college. We started to break in his new Savage and zero the scope. It was so nice after having been locked up in the igloo for the last month due to the arctic weather and some pretty bad colds. What a fantastic day!

Brought the MkIII out today for some percussion therapy. Rapid fire at 50 feet.
Not ready to play with the Bullseye team yet, this was two-handed. Not too bad, I don't think I've managed a pistol day for three months or so.

Backlit by bright sun:

IMG_0415.JPG

Left the next two on the target frames because of the funny backlight effect:
IMG_0416.JPG

Damn that giant ball of burning hydrogen!

IMG_0417.JPG

I wish.
I changed the carb on the snow blower (Yea like i'll need it) Replaced the interior lighting in my snowmobile trailer with LED's and then watched the game. After the game I finished watching Bellator fights from last night.

No, but I went for a quick 3 mile run and oh man that felt good. Also fired up the grill and made some chicken.

I managed a whole 68 rounds through my PPS Saturday afternoon. No one around until I packed up. Beautiful day.

I spent a few hours at the outdoor range on Saturday afternoon shooting 22 and 9mm pistols at steel targets 25 yds out. I had the place to my self and had a good time. I hope to get out again this week.

My son in I took my recently acquired Smith Corona M1903A3 to the range to zero it in. It shot awesome and is really fun to shoot.

I shot the 1903A3 on saturday to test some reloads. Was fun ringing the steel plate with 30-06. Also shot the AR to test out some buffer weights/springs. Blew up some water jugs with the Dan Wesson 44 as well...

Then yesterday, did some practice drills with the CZ Shadow 2 and shot bowling pins with the Coonan 357 mag 1911. Pretty solid weekend of shooting in my book.

Back
Top Bottom