Website critique…

Besides not having any Microtech :)

The "Brands we carry" should be hyperlinked to AT LEAST the manuf website, or preferably to your own inventory.

Should be able to search by brand to appease the brand whores, like myself.

Pictures should be a bit smaller so you can fit more on a page, picture should be small but clickable to a larger image. An option to allow how much product is shown on one page.

Needs some Magnacut blade offerings.

Looks Like Gomer gave you some advice that would cost you $500 in the wild.

I would change your filter order a little. Instead of altering dropdown/slider, dropdown/slider, I would put all sliders, then all dropdowns (or vice versa). It would work better the way of you have it if there was an equal amount of each. It's a real minor point, but I think it would look better.

Edge Lab.JPGEdge Lab 2.JPG

Attachments

• Edge Lab.JPG
    Edge Lab.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
My website just went live and I’m looking for feedback. I know there’s some issues with it and I have a punchlist already (my Esee’s are priced wrong, missing a few pics) but I’d really like to hear what y’all think. If you see issues let me know if you’re viewing on a phone or computer.

What’s good? What’s bad? Suggestions?… Thanks!

www.theedgelab1.com

1. If you hope to rank the site start with the domain name you want (you dont want something with a number in my opinion, unless its in the name)
2. Make sure you are designing mobile first and not desktop first. Most cases, people are on a mobile device not a desktop / laptop. Google (again, if you intend to try and rank your site) want you to be mobile first (see screen shot below of iOS "deadspace") Scroll time to get to relevant content is important!
3. I don't see Google Analytics installed? GA3 sunsets in July anyway, but insights from site laugfh is always good. (GA4 will be a much better tool for measuring a Woocomm site. I have zero experience with the platform, but its a good choice)
4. You're on Wordpress, good.
5. Lighthouse scores are pretty typical. image compression is important. (see screenshot of report below)
6. The fact that you are also a brick and mortar store should be promoted with pics on the sharpening and about us pages.
7. Where you are a brick and mortar store make sure you setup and config a GBP profile!

I have more, but also might be wearing out my welcome ;)

1673029453756.png

1673029851645.png

@**DRB**

Hi, thanks for the input but that was my original site. Most of your suggestions were already done and can be seen in the new site linked below...still appreciate our input, that analytics looks extremely helpful!

www.edgelabknives.com

@**DRB**

Hi, thanks for the input but that was my original site. Most of your suggestions were already done and can be seen in the new site linked below...still appreciate our input, that analytics looks extremely helpful!

www.edgelabknives.com
Sorry, didn’t catch the redirect (duh on my part)

Everything I just said is for your current site.

Edit: screenshot of current site from my phone

604213EA-83FE-4F3F-8CEC-613B69DCA720.jpeg

Lighthouse score are as well - (it’s not a “new site” just new domain and a redirect in place for the old domain)

Most of my comments come from a stand point of trying to make a website rank on google as well as easy to use / trustworthy for the user.

Last edited:
Website updated with current inventory.

I have new inventory coming in just about every day now. Trying to bring in at least 1 new brand a month. Im also looking at bringing in a few exotic brands in the near future. If your looking for something that's not on the website just ask. Ill do my best to get it for you.

Also, I'm still up for suggestions if you have any!

www.edgelabknives.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom