Weaver/Picatinny?

I bought an optic for my shotgun or future rifle. Apparently my rail is a Weaver because the optic with Picatinny mount did not fit. I have 2 side rails that are Picatinny and just assumed the top rail was or could accept both. Thanks Clint for designing a shotgun with different mounts.

I returned the optic and found one that states the mount fits both Weaver or Picatinny. Is this possible or just a marketing ploy or mistake. I still have time to cancel before shipping. I don't want to have to wait then return another optic.

Thanks.

Many weaver made mounts will work in picatinny if they only occupy one slot, because the weaver is the smaller of the two in terms of spacing. It may have a bit of play though forward and back. Picatinny stuff, even one slot, will not fit into the weaver spacing (trying to stuff a 5.35mm lug into a 3.8mm space.

picatinny_weaver.jpg

Isn't a Pic rail REALLY a Swan Rail. Didn't Dick Swan (of Bridgewater - strange how much AR stuff and military stuff has a MA connection) invent it?? Didn't he have some sort of hang-off-teh-carry-handle rail system that was named something like swan rail or something???

Damn if I can remember all this crap 20 years later.

Isn't a Pic rail REALLY a Swan Rail. Didn't Dick Swan (of Bridgewater - strange how much AR stuff and military stuff has a MA connection) invent it?? Didn't he have some sort of hang-off-teh-carry-handle rail system that was named something like swan rail or something???

Damn if I can remember all this crap 20 years later.
ARMS if bridgewater came up with what is mow the 1913 mil rail . IIRC they call it a Picatinny i -sp ? rail because it was tested at picatinny arsenal ?
So weaver can fit Pic rail but pic rails dont fit weaver. Then theres older older version of 3/8 vs 11mm

Back
Top Bottom