• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weatherby PA 459 TR - - Comments?

OK, so I've (sort of) decided on one of these. If you have fired it and would share your thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Maybe I should've posted this in the 'been bitten by the firearms bug again' thread:

pa_459.jpg

(If you haven't fired one, but you're still going to tell me it's a Benelli clone or that it's really made in Turkey or that the "459" refers to CA Penal Code 459 which covers “burglarly in progress” or that everything is better in Ohio or even better in New Hampshire despite the Aaron Lewis song or why don't I just get a 930SPX or an M2 or an RTS-ZK-S/S-12 or if you're going to say that I am not entitled to a question since I haven't posted two thousand times, well then, thanks for all your help...[smile])

Last edited:
I have never employed the infamous "BTT" post, but...

Really? No one here at NES has one of these?

(Maybe instead of asking to share your thoughts if you have fired one, I should've asked why no one has even touched one!)

Because I bought a Benelli. And nobody I know has the Weatherby.

('Course, the first part of that is covered in your disclaimer. [wink])

(Maybe instead of asking to share your thoughts if you have fired one, I should've asked why no one has even touched one!)

Probably because;

a) Weatherby is new to the tactical shotgun game. They make nice rifles and bird guns.

b) It's ugly, and looks like a Benelli. But I repeat myself.

c) It's (AFAIK) a Turkish import.

Personally, I have an 870.

a) Weatherby is new to the tactical shotgun game. They make nice rifles and bird guns.

b) It's ugly, and looks like a Benelli. But I repeat myself.

c) It's (AFAIK) a Turkish import.

d) The Benelli takes 3 1/2" shells, which this one does not, allowing me to load two reduced power loads followed by a 3 1/2" #4, 00, or 000 buck load and hand it to the guy who doesn't ever shoot a shotgun but is bragging to everyone else on the range of his legendary 12ga tacticool prowess.

(Disclaimer: I would never do this, I would never claim to have done this, and I would definitely not fall over laughing when the guy finds the 3 1/2" load. [rofl])

ETA: Also, I'd be happy to let you shoot the Benelli if you'd like to try it. [wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom