• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weapons seized from alleged neo-Nazi leader in Washington state

mikeyp

NES Member
No actual crime committed but ERPO'd

Weapons seized from alleged neo-Nazi leader in Washington state - CNN

(CNN)A man who Seattle Police say is the Washington cell leader of a neo-Nazi group isn't allowed to own any guns for one year, according to a court order.

An Extreme Risk Protection Order filed on October 8 found Kaleb James Cole posed an imminent threat of harm to others. He has not been charged with a crime.
In September, the Seattle Police filed a petition seeking the order and seized a small cache of firearms and gun parts from his home, according to court documents.
Cole owned multiple handguns, an AK-47, as well as a concealed-carry firearm permit from Whatcom County, according to the petition for the Extreme Risk Protection Order. All the firearms were confiscated in September and the permit surrendered, court documents show.

In Washington and other jurisdictions that have similar so-called "red flag" laws, when a person poses a significant danger of causing personal injury to themselves or others by having firearms, family members or law enforcement can seek a court order to require that person surrender their firearms to law enforcement.

In the petition for the ERPO, Seattle Police described Cole as "a self-admitted member of the Atomwaffen Division," which they call a neo-Nazi group, and alleged that Cole had recently participated in "training and recruitment efforts at organized hate camps'" in Washington state.
Police also cited an interview report filed by United States Customs and Border Protection with Cole as evidence of his views after he was detained by the agency following a trip through Eastern Europe in June.
In the report, CBP said Cole was in possession of an Atomwaffen Division flag and on his cellphone had a photo of people displaying Nazi salutes while holding the flag, and a photo of two people wearing bandanas over their faces standing in front of Auschwitz concentration camp.
The petition also referenced his lifetime ban from Canada as a result of his membership in "an organization that may engage in terrorism." Exhibit One attached to the petition includes an extensively reported article from ProPublica on Atomwaffen Division's ideology and beliefs, and names Cole.

"Our regional firearms enforcement unit likely prevented a massacre by someone committed to advancing a race war. Washington state residents should sleep a little easier knowing they have a team empowered to enforce firearm surrender court orders from those considered to be an extreme risk to public safety," Dan Nolte of the Seattle City Attorney's Office told CNN.
Efforts to reach Cole for comment were unsuccessful. It's unclear whether he has an attorney.

Our regional firearms enforcement unit likely prevented a massacre by someone committed to advancing a race war. Washington state residents should sleep a little easier knowing they have a team empowered to enforce firearm surrender court orders from those considered to be an extreme risk to public safety," Dan Nolte of the Seattle City Attorney's Office told CNN.

NONE of that makes me sleep easier.

So many great replies above!!!

Never keep all your stuff in one place, have off the books stuff they will never think to look for,

Thought police, plain & simple, if the govt doesn’t like what you think; they will silence you and take your stuff and potentially your freedom.

If I wanted to extract revenge, retribution or just plain ‘get someone’. Has anyone heard of google? The library? Certain books from Amazon? Recipes, build ideas, even plans abound.

This is absolutely a good move by the cops.

Hateful people are a menace to everyone.

Just because a person, or persons, have not done anything unlawful, does not mean that they deserve Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The thinking of thoughts, or the saying of words, that others dislike is a BAD THING.

No Bad Things allowed.

I feel safer.

The news piece on the bottom has more of how, who and such. 1100 firearms seized since 2017. The State was notified by feds to look into this. If you choose one watch the second video.

The news piece on the bottom has more of how, who and such. 1100 firearms seized since 2017. The State was notified by feds to look into this. If you choose one watch the second video.

Not from him and his pals though, talking head said they were "mostly from domestic abusers, but also those who pose a public threat". Typical shitbag journalism at it's finest.

Let me see if I get this straight...

1. No crime was committed.
2. They took his guns and the ability to own guns ... for ONE year.

So ... if he is such a threat, what will prevent him from buying guns on day 366 and shooting someone?

Let me see if I get this straight...

1. No crime was committed.
2. They took his guns and the ability to own guns ... for ONE year.

So ... if he is such a threat, what will prevent him from buying guns on day 366 and shooting someone?

The same thing that will prevent him from immediately "borrowing" as many guns as he wants from his brethren. This is just an "example" of how ERPOs work so well.

This is going to end very badly for the Left. Some days, when you let the loons run the party, you get looney legislation that allows the higher courts to make ABSOLUTE IRON-CLAD law that doesn't allow you wiggle-room in the future.

When I was in HS, I was in a local-history class. Teh teacher, a townie, was talking about alcohol lic'g in the town. Turns out you can't serve before noon on a Sunday at the time. One kid - not that bright - said, "Nuh-uh!" She asked him to clarify. "I work at the Irish Embassy. We serve liquor all the time on Sunday AM brunch."

"Well, maybe that's something you should keep to yourself then."

The point is - why push the boundaries when you don't need to??? It make take a few years, but I think MOST federal courts would take personal interest to stomp a mudhole into ERPO laws. Sure you'll get dissenters, but by and large I trust that jurists understand Con-Law better than a former president that allegedly TAUGHT Con-Law.

Zooming in on the lowers: "...and these AR-15 parts THAT COULD BE USED TO MAKE MACHINE GUNS!!!!!"

Quality journalism and fact-finding, right there. Pulitzer level.

I think it would be nice to have an ERPO megathread so we can catalogue all this madness. Look at how quickly they take away the 2A. As a consequence they’re going to kill the 1A because you won’t be able to express or say anything for fear of losing your rights.

If there was a great time for a federal judges to issue injunctions against ERPOs in their respective districts, it’d be now.

I think it would be nice to have an ERPO megathread so we can catalogue all this madness. Look at how quickly they take away the 2A. As a consequence they’re going to kill the 1A because you won’t be able to express or say anything for fear of losing your rights.

If there was a great time for a federal judges to issue injunctions against ERPOs in their respective districts, it’d be now.

It's almost like that was the plan. [hmmm]

At this rate we’ll be marking calendars on when to renew a free speech license.

MikeyP,

Sorry to dupe you!

The AI dupe machine on the website does not seem to be much use!!!

You Da Man - with all the important news I need to know!!!

Back
Top Bottom