Weapons not bought in Ma. can they be sold ftf?

apander

NES Member
I searched for this info, please tell me if on a thread. If someone bought a weapon in the 50's or 60's and moved to Ma. can they sell a weapon FTF? Ma. does not know it exists, a older friend asked me this question? Thanks

Its not any less of a felony, so sure why not. The edict is possession, transfer, and ownership. The only way you're getting in trouble is as a new buyer ftf and she's not even going to prosecute that.

Keeping on point.

OP said guns from 50s and 60s - damn few "AWs" (even as defined by the evil witch of the East) from that era.

Since you can legally move into MA with your guns, get licensed and NEVER required to register (FA-10) the guns you brought in when you moved, AND TTBOMK there were no FA-10s prior to 1968 (not 100% positive on date, but all implications I've found lead to that date as a start), there are tons of legal guns in MA with no FA-10 filed.

A lot of the AG's ranting is based on C. 93A, deceptive practices by a dealer, so prosecuting the buyer (victim as defined by C. 93A) isn't something that has ever been done. Further, read the NSSF lawsuit (only ~20 pgs), Atty. Michael Sullivan (former head of BATFE) knows and has access to all the letter rulings they issued from 1994 thru 2004 that SPECIFICALLY ALLOWED AS LEGAL what we all have been doing since 1994. The AG does NOT stand a chance in front of any judge that actually rules on the law and not on "it's gun-z-s and must be banned"!

Those BATFE letter rulings are the ticking time bomb that will blow up in the AG's face.

Lastly, the AG does NOT prosecute individuals!!! Not her job. It is local county DAs who do, so no promises by her hold any legal water and I'm not sure that any DAs with functioning brain cells want to be the test case that uses the above lawsuit and info that Michael Sullivan has to destroy their track record and credibility.

Back
Top Bottom