• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weapons Ban Tomorrow?

I'd be interested in knowing the percentage of attendees (on either side of the police line) who are actually from the boston area, and how many are traveling here for the fight.
I actually clicked on this thread first this morning to post this, but saw your post instead...In my workplace a LOT of my coworkers are the liberal, social justice warrior, champion of freedom blah blah types (ugh/puke. but it's a great paycheck and steady employment)..
This whole week in there has been brjtaly, has been all talk about their rally, their anti-hatred (even though they HATE me and HATE everyone else who doesn't think what they think) counter march, etc etc..Yesterday I asked several of them, individually, why is it that they're "coming in from the suburbs to a rally in Boston". They all answered with a quizzical "Um, cuz that's where I live" reply.

(me): "But I don't understand - why do you live so far outside the city? Why don't you move to Dorchester or Roxbury? You'd save a lot of time and gas money, be able to hop a train, be downtown in minutes. Why do to live in Concord? (Belmont, Sudbury, Wayland, Hingham, etc etc)... Why don't you live in Chelsea? The rent and home prices are a lot lower. Why do you live way out in on the Newton-Wellesley line?" (etc etc)...

Every single one of them offered basically the same response: "Whatever dude".. and/or "F*ck off" and/or they offered a deer-in-the-headlights no reply (and then they turned and walked away and immediately told one of their pals what a complete a*shole I am).

I know a couple of people who work in the Mission Hill/Longwood Medical area a but one lives in Canton, the other in Stoughton. Both are raging liberals, both will probably be throwing insults (and/or their rolled up balls of their own poo-poo) at the free speech "right wingers" today on the Common.. On a Friday at rush hour it is literally a NIGHTMARE trying to access the Southeast Expressway from, say, the Beth Israel Hospital. It would be MUCH easier and quicker to simply go up and over/around Mission Hill, to Columbus Ave, then Seaver Street (runs beside Franklin Park), then Blue Hill Ave through Mattapan, then through Milton to Stoughton or Canton...Yet both sit in absolute brutal traffic on the Expressway...Why?
"Blue Hill Ave? I'm not going that way! Screw that it's too dangerous!" (etc etc)... But I voted for Trump (actually against Hillary), and therefore I'm a bigoted, hateful, racist Nazi.

I actually clicked on this thread first this morning to post this, but saw your post instead...In my workplace a LOT of my coworkers are the liberal, social justice warrior, champion of freedom blah blah types (ugh/puke. but it's a great paycheck and steady employment)..
This whole week in there has been brjtaly, has been all talk about their rally, their anti-hatred (even though they HATE me and HATE everyone else who doesn't think what they think) counter march, etc etc..Yesterday I asked several of them, individually, why is it that they're "coming in from the suburbs to a rally in Boston". They all answered with a quizzical "Um, cuz that's where I live" reply.

(me): "But I don't understand - why do you live so far outside the city? Why don't you move to Dorchester or Roxbury? You'd save a lot of time and gas money, be able to hop a train, be downtown in minutes. Why do to live in Concord? (Belmont, Sudbury, Wayland, Hingham, etc etc)... Why don't you live in Chelsea? The rent and home prices are a lot lower. Why do you live way out in on the Newton-Wellesley line?" (etc etc)...

Every single one of them offered basically the same response: "Whatever dude".. and/or "F*ck off" and/or they offered a deer-in-the-headlights no reply (and then they turned and walked away and immediately told one of their pals what a complete a*shole I am).

I know a couple of people who work in the Mission Hill/Longwood Medical area a but one lives in Canton, the other in Stoughton. Both are raging liberals, both will probably be throwing insults (and/or their rolled up balls of their own poo-poo) at the free speech "right wingers" today on the Common.. On a Friday at rush hour it is literally a NIGHTMARE trying to access the Southeast Expressway from, say, the Beth Israel Hospital. It would be MUCH easier and quicker to simply go up and over/around Mission Hill, to Columbus Ave, then Seaver Street (runs beside Franklin Park), then Blue Hill Ave through Mattapan, then through Milton to Stoughton or Canton...Yet both sit in absolute brutal traffic on the Expressway...Why?
"Blue Hill Ave? I'm not going that way! Screw that it's too dangerous!" (etc etc)... But I voted for Trump (actually against Hillary), and therefore I'm a bigoted, hateful, racist Nazi.

They don't want to live in the swill they think they defend.

Jason.

. . . or any other item that can be used as a weapon.

Sean Connery better leave his thumbs at home

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that the BPD now has legislative authority and no one seems to notice.

http://www.mass.gov/ago/consumer-re...rights/information-about-service-animals.html

Direct from an FAQ on the AG's website. You are not allowed to ask for documentation or certification that an animal is a service animal. Also, there is NO current universally recognized state or national certification for service animals. What BPD is saying is that, even if your animal is a service animal, you can't bring it since you can't provide certification because there is no certification. Essentially, they are violating both state and federal law on tis one

Boston makes (up) their own laws and they will enforce them with arrests too. They don't care about LAW or any "superior authority"!

Are you saying they have to conclude Blue Hill Ave is safe in order to be non-racists?

http://www.mass.gov/ago/consumer-re...rights/information-about-service-animals.html

Direct from an FAQ on the AG's website. You are not allowed to ask for documentation or certification that an animal is a service animal. Also, there is NO current universally recognized state or national certification for service animals. What BPD is saying is that, even if your animal is a service animal, you can't bring it since you can't provide certification because there is no certification. Essentially, they are violating both state and federal law on tis one
Lacking a severability clause, the entire BPD order is invalidated.

Parks rules and Regulations, Section 2 provision m:

No person shall, in any public park (including any boundary road thereof), or other public place (including any parkway) under the control of the Parks and Recreation Commission, except under the auspices of public authority:

(m) have in any such park or place, except a boundary road or parkway on which there are dwellings, any firearm or destructive weapon;

Its not a sign, so we can't just ignore it.

Does this also apply to state parks ?

Common is a prohibited space anyway last I checked.

I'm also curious- why weren't these precautions taken with the BLM movement? Surely the shit show that was Baltimore the week prior wasn't acceptable here in boston. Is there credible information that MA is going to be rioting this time around?
That's why ANTIFA fascists knew they could safely assault anyone, including old ladies, without fear of being shot. Boston Common is safe for Criminals.

Parks rules and Regulations, Section 2 provision m:

No person shall, in any public park (including any boundary road thereof), or other public place (including any parkway) under the control of the Parks and Recreation Commission, except under the auspices of public authority:

(m) have in any such park or place, except a boundary road or parkway on which there are dwellings, any firearm or destructive weapon;

Its not a sign, so we can't just ignore it.

I love it. So if a park in Boston has no houses along it, you can't possess a firearm or whatever THEY consider a "destructive weapon" (is it a knife, a spork, a hammer, a tire iron, ad nauseum) even while driving on the roadways. Boston supersedes MGL by a "departmental regulation" (I'm guessing that it is not a CMR)!! I'm certain MA Marsupial Court system up to and including the SJC would go along with this, but any FAIR court would laugh them out of the courtroom. Totally preposterous!

Back
Top Bottom