• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weapon Light Question

inkdesigner

NES Member
Was hoping to get some help from the folks here. I recently acquired a P320 subcompact with a S/M frame with a rail. Can anyone please recommend a good light that works with this setup and if there are any good IWB holsters available that would also work? Thanka

I would suggest searching around here, numerous threads on this topic, to include holsters and how to find it or have them made for your particular weapon w/light.

What I will add is that unlike say a G43 (no rail) with a TLR6 (very small light), a pistol with a dedicated rail and accompanying light is going to be a big package to carry IWB, so plan accordingly, pant size, belt, holster, etc. all of those things will take into account whether you carry it everyday, or for 3 days and say f*** this it’s too big and bulky and leave it at home.

If your gonna carry it I'd go with the Inforce APL. It's size and shape make it a better fit for holster/IWB carry them some of the bulkier options

I've used both the surefire XC-1 and The inforce APL-C with the P320C. Both are great compact lights that fit perfectly with G19, P10C, Vp9, P320....
My only gripe with the XC-1 is that it seems to be a battery killer. Lithium batteries are a must (regardless).
IMG_4887.JPG

That XC-1 is about 250.00 isn’t it? I was interested in them when they first came out due to the smaller size but the price point for me was too much.

Lithium batteries will burn extremely hot when or if they get wet and have been known to also explode when wet. Something to consider and check and maintain your battery compartment seals for dry rot or cracks.

Carrying lithium batteries the size of blocks of C-4 was always fun when doing river crossings or being in the rain for days on end on patrols. Always had to be sure and waterooof the F out of them before stuffing them in your ruck. Maybe the “quality” of them has changed to account for that, I don’t know.

Last edited:
That XC-1 is also about 250.00 isn’t it? I was interested in them when they first came out due to the smaller size but the price made me put it back on the shelf pretty quick.

The XC-1 is $200 and the APL-C is $130
The APL-C is all polymer and I do wonder about the durability of the polymer control paddles.
The XC-1 housing is all aluminum and has rubber toggles.

The XC-1 is $200 and the APL-C is $130
The APL-C is all polymer and I do wonder about the durability of the polymer control paddles.
The XC-1 housing is all aluminum and has rubber toggles.

Was editing my post a little as you copied, I saw them at Atlantic Tactical for 250.00+ two years ago. Price may have settled or AT just charges too much. I’m sure they are well made I just can’t afford them.

Used the old Streamlight pistol light (all polymer) several years ago and also saw several of them break after about 6 months, mostly around those paddle switches and the hook that closes the batt compartment.

Would definitely stay with alum models.

Disregard.

Reading is a fundamental I apparently lack.

Last edited:
D'OH! I just re-read the OP and realized that you were talking about the SUB-COMPACT!
Yeah so basically nothing fits it, which is pretty annoying.

The only thing I have that fits it is this Viridian C5L. The light is really not very powerful (better than nothing, probably on par with the TLR-6) but the green laser is actually pretty good.
My biggest gripe with Viridian is that the mounting hardware is pretty flimsy plastic. Not very confidence inspiring and not the best at holding zero with the laser.
Good luck finding a holster for that though. I sometimes carry this in a universal pocket holster in a coat.

IMG_5154.JPG

The only light I have is a tlr1. I would say it’s on the upper end of being carryable. It’s wider than a Glock and I can’t see myself carrying iwb, so I have a bravo concealment owb holster for it. I would recommend them based on the quality.

Pocket light more useful. I don’t see the fascination for iwb.
It’s not a one or the other scenario. Both is best if you can swing it, but I agree a handheld light is a lot more practical for most people’s purposes. If I were carrying a light iwb it would be one of the smaller inforce lights, a tlr6, or the sure fire. Owb is a different story, but a tlr1 adds enough length and width that I really need to dress around light (more than the gun even).

Back
Top Bottom