Weapon Iconography and my S&W 686 Talo

It's been years since I posted here, but I was having some work done this morning by Weapon Iconography at Business End Customs, and ran into Zappa who was there having some Zippo lighters engraved with the NES logo.

Figured I pop in, say hi, and give kudos to Mike from Weapon Iconography for the work that he did. Long story short: my wife gave me a S&W 686 Talo for our 25th anniversary, and I wanted to have it engraved. After e-mailing back and forth with Mike about what I wanted done, we set up an appointment and did the job today. Mike was a professional, and delivered exactly what I was looking for, even matching the font I suggested. I wasn't looking for anything fancy (though he could have done that too); just a basic, low-key, three-line engraving. I've taken photos of the end result:

sw686_talo_2.jpgsw686_talo_weaponiconography.jpg

Mike @ WI does great work.
I was there and watched this being done.
He then spent the next few hours doing my box full of Zippos.

NES_Zippo_2.jpg

I was thinking about getting some engraving done on my rifle and/or 1911....does anyone mind me asking what you all paid (ballpark)

$ 35.00 Setup Fee
$ 15.00 per square inch

Please keep in mind that this is the standard fees and can be used to give you a pretty good ball park. The actual cost will depend on the final size of the area done. We do offer great volume discounts as well. If you have some ideas in mind please feel free to send us a PM or an email.

$ 35.00 Setup Fee
$ 15.00 per square inch

Please keep in mind that this is the standard fees and can be used to give you a pretty good ball park. The actual cost will depend on the final size of the area done. We do offer great volume discounts as well. If you have some ideas in mind please feel free to send us a PM or an email.

awesome thanks! just have to figure out what I want and where I want it

KidP, I'll just chime in that the 35/15 price works regardless of the complexity of the design, and the number of passes that Mike needs to do to get the desired darkness of the etch. He'll work with you on the computer and make test burns until the design is exactly the way you want it, and then will do however many burns are necessary on the actual piece to get the right "depth". In my case, the first burn was a little light, and you couldn't see the engraving at certain angles. He made five additional burns until the text was just like I wanted it: easily visible, but still a little subtle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom