Weapon Handling in an Active Killer Event

Good article. I took the Active Shooter class at MFS and the instructor, Mac, mentioned this numerous times. He basically said anyone with a visible gun is getting shot when responders enter the building.

great perspective. I can understand the reluctance to put the firearm down after as how do you really know how many there are. I hate putting my gun down to go to bed at night. So definitely an instinct you have to fight against.

That sounds like it would take a LOT of practice. It's good advice, but man are there a lot of things to remember when your brain is focused primarily on staying alive.

That sounds like it would take a LOT of practice. It's good advice, but man are there a lot of things to remember when your brain is focused primarily on staying alive.

Totally. I think the advice of always seeking cover is the best, and probably easier to remember than putting your gun away after being involved in a shooting. Someone hiding behind something is less likely to look like a target to cops than someone standing in the open with a gun.

This is only logical. The SWAT officer that I took the class from said (again thats what HE said): "Dont get involved unless your loved ones are in danger"

Good advice, thanks. Not like I'll remember when SHTF though. :)

Always seemed like common sense to me, bunch of people not used to guns just got dropped into a massacre without warning. Any gun will be scary, should you be lucky enough to survive,and dispatch the shooter. You still added to the confusion by shooting your own big scary gun. The people you may save a just as likely to finger you as the shooter or a secondary one. Then the cops who are all jacked up for a fight see a gun and start shooting.

Best advice for surviving
1. Be lucky
2. Gtfo
3. Only shoot at the shooter if left with no other choice.
4. Be lucky

Back
Top Bottom