• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weak trigger reset (glock)

bren42970

NES Member
Installed the ghost evo elite triger bar with lighter springs over last winter. It's been agrevating me since then with very weak resets. Today the reset felt like a solid 1 second delay. Any one else ever have this isuie?

I had the same problems with Wolff spring kit. Trigger reset delays and light strikes. Tried different combinations of Wolff and stock springs (striker, trigger, safety). Ended up keeping the new connector but going back to all stock factory springs.

I only change the connector to a regular 3.5 Ghost and never touch springs and never had an issue. I just bought the Glock smooth face trigger with bar (without bump)for my Glocks from Midway for 12 bucks each. Might smoothen it out a tad I was told but don't know till I install next week

Last edited:
Installed the ghost evo elite triger bar with lighter springs over last winter. It's been agrevating me since then with very weak resets. Today the reset felt like a solid 1 second delay. Any one else ever have this isuie?

So, you let off the trigger completely, and it's one-thousand-one before the trigger resets? I'd change that shit all back to stock.

Never been a big fan of changing out trigger components away from stock pieces.

Look into the skimmer trigger kit for glocks. It uses all stock components just cleaned up. My experience with the other stuff is you lose reliability.

Never been a big fan of changing out trigger components away from stock pieces.

Look into the skimmer trigger kit for glocks. It uses all stock components just cleaned up. My experience with the other stuff is you lose reliability.

That's one of the triggers that I heard had safety issues. I never confirmed any of them, and I have shot one. It's a really great feel to the trigger for sure, but over priced imo.

Is the trigger spring installed correctly? The reset can be weak if the hook isn't aligned.

Go back to stock with everything and then change one thing at a time if you still feel you need to. So go to stock, then only change the connector, go to the range and throw out 100 rounds. Then if you desire, change something else out and go back to the range and throw out another 100.

rinse and repeat until you get what you want.

That's one of the triggers that I heard had safety issues. I never confirmed any of them, and I have shot one. It's a really great feel to the trigger for sure, but over priced imo.

They can be had for $100 and it replaces the entire system. Never had any issues with mine.. Regardless I think messing around with stock components is not ideal.. any trigger work with stock components intact is usually better

I have only replaced the trigger bar in some of my Glocks and have never had an issue. You didn't mention what you were trying to do with your Glock, but if this piece is for self-defense only, the most that I would do is just a trigger bar change and would never replace stock the springs. A too light of a trigger pull on a self-defense gun is a very bad idea.

All the components need to be compatible if you want the gun to function reliably, which is why Zev and other Glock trigger replacement companies sell complete packages, although for big bucks. If you are intent on changing stock springs, do it one at a time as someone else already mentioned.

In my opinion I think people should not use anything else but stock Glock trigger components.

I would never use anything else in a Glock especially if it is for self defense.

Glock has a budget to improve on anything they want.

There have been very few design changes on the Glock trigger.

The Glock trigger housing on the G43 / G42 has been put into the new FBI Glock and according to a Glock Armorer instructor - that may get passed on to other Glocks.

I think they are trying to find a solution to a problem that does not exist.

There have been billions of rounds collectively shot through Glocks and the trigger is not something that is known to be a problem that needs after market parts.

There have been billions of rounds collectively shot through Glocks and the trigger is not something that is known to be a problem that needs after market parts.

A light smooth trigger makes a gun easier to shoot fast and accurately. The problem is that the stock trigger is heavy and rough.

You didn't mention what you were trying to do with your Glock, but if this piece is for self-defense only, the most that I would do is just a trigger bar change and would never replace stock the springs. A too light of a trigger pull on a self-defense gun is a very bad idea.

+1.

What the gun is going to be used for makes all the difference here.

I have only replaced the trigger bar in some of my Glocks and have never had an issue. You didn't mention what you were trying to do with your Glock, but if this piece is for self-defense only, the most that I would do is just a trigger bar change and would never replace stock the springs. A too light of a trigger pull on a self-defense gun is a very bad idea.

All the components need to be compatible if you want the gun to function reliably, which is why Zev and other Glock trigger replacement companies sell complete packages, although for big bucks. If you are intent on changing stock springs, do it one at a time as someone else already mentioned.

I do carry it for self defense, (it's a 23) however I have a stock 27 also I'd carry more often. I wanted to lower the trigger pull, play, and hope for a little more accuracy and speed at the range. The kit came with the 6lb triger spring (I installed), 4 and 6lb firing pin spring. As recommended in the there instructions I installed the 6lb to reduce the chance of light strikes if used in self defense. I also installed there 3.5 bar. I kept all the stock parts in stored them away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, you let off the trigger completely, and it's one-thousand-one before the trigger resets? I'd change that shit all back to stock.

I fire a shot, I try to only bring the trigger back to were it resets. If I I completely bring my finger back I would be better off throwing it at some one, I feel it's that slow

I fire a shot, I try to only bring the trigger back to were it resets. If I I completely bring my finger back I would be better off throwing it at some one, I feel it's that slow

If you take your finger off the trigger can you literally watch it reset sluggishly for a full second? No one actually rides the reset in real world shooting, so if it's just a subjective feel then it's not a problem.

If you take your finger off the trigger can you literally watch it reset sluggishly for a full second? No one actually rides the reset in real world shooting, so if it's just a subjective feel then it's not a problem.

Yes, when I pull my finger all the way back i physically feel the delay. I don't "watch it" I keep a little pressure on trigger and wait for it to set

I'm reading on other forums about the bar rubbing on the frame possibly but I doubt it. I'm going to open it up today, just wondering on what I should put back in first...

I'm reading on other forums about the bar rubbing on the frame possibly but I doubt it. I'm going to open it up today, just wondering on what I should put back in first...

I would suggest leaving the connector, do a 25 cent trigger job (Youtube), revert all springs back to stock - retest. Then replace one spring at a time....however, the quickest way to screw up Glock reliability is to start replacing springs...if this is a carry gun I would not mess with "Glock perfection" ;-)

In my opinion I think people should not use anything else but stock Glock trigger components.

I would never use anything else in a Glock especially if it is for self defense.

Glock has a budget to improve on anything they want.

There have been very few design changes on the Glock trigger.

The Glock trigger housing on the G43 / G42 has been put into the new FBI Glock and according to a Glock Armorer instructor - that may get passed on to other Glocks.

This, all day every day. 90% of the problems (probably more but I'm trying to be conservative) that I read about on gun forums, and that I have experienced myself, start with "I put this thing in my gun and now it's not working right."

Stock Glock. All day, every day. ESPECIALLY in a CCW gun. You don't want to be defending yourself in court against a legitimate shoot to save your life by trying to answer why you modified your damn gun. Especially when it makes it unreliable. Sorry if that sounds rough but CCW mods are one of my pet peeves. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If you don't like the way the gun works, buy a different one FCS.

Contact ghost Customer Service.

once you put such parts into a glock its no longer really a glock.

This, all day every day. 90% of the problems (probably more but I'm trying to be conservative) that I read about on gun forums, and that I have experienced myself, start with "I put this thing in my gun and now it's not working right."

Stock Glock. All day, every day. ESPECIALLY in a CCW gun. You don't want to be defending yourself in court against a legitimate shoot to save your life by trying to answer why you modified your damn gun. Especially when it makes it unreliable. Sorry if that sounds rough but CCW mods are one of my pet peeves. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If you don't like the way the gun works, buy a different one FCS.

Lots of us are mechanically inclined and can work on our own guns. It's not that hard.

Go back to stock with everything and then change one thing at a time if you still feel you need to.

This.

Whenever I've goonsmithed a Glock, I switch everything back to stock and it solves the problems.

- - - Updated - - -

My DK Customs competition trigger in my Glock 34 is far better than stock. 2 lbs. Not what I would use for defense purposes, of course. It is strictly a game gun.

Lots of us are mechanically inclined and can work on our own guns. It's not that hard.

But this thread was started by somebody who is apparently not as adept as you are, as are many threads that I read. I'm pretty mechanically inclined myself and have regretted trying to modify guns in the past. It's just a personal opinion. Ignore as you see fit bro.

I would suggest leaving the connector, do a 25 cent trigger job (Youtube), revert all springs back to stock - retest. Then replace one spring at a time....however, the quickest way to screw up Glock reliability is to start replacing springs...if this is a carry gun I would not mess with "Glock perfection" ;-)

Nothing's perfect. You will never know if a design can be improved with out trying. Hey there's always room for improvement. I'll be emailing Ghost tonight see what they say. Until then I'll carry another side arm.

ayoobfinal_1.jpg

. ESPECIALLY in a CCW gun. You don't want to be defending yourself in court against a legitimate shoot to save your life by trying to answer why you modified your damn gun. Especially when it makes it unreliable. Sorry if that sounds rough but CCW mods are one of my pet peeves. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If you don't like the way the gun works, buy a different one FCS.

I think that is overstating the risk. Almost all of my ccw guns have been modified in one way or another. Typically new sights, trigger job, maybe grip tape.

I wouldn't carry my game Glock with a 2 lb trigger. I do carry one with a minus connector and a 4 lb trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
But this thread was started by somebody who is apparently not as adept as you are, as are many threads that I read. I'm pretty mechanically inclined myself and have regretted trying to modify guns in the past. It's just a personal opinion. Ignore as you see fit bro.

There are a couple pitfalls with Glocks but they can be avoided with a bit of research. The first google hits you get are for the $0.25 trigger job of course, so you see a bunch of guys who round over the trigger bar with a Dremel grinding bit with disastrous results. A little felt wheel and jeweler's rouge does the job just fine. Then there are the cheap-o kits that often double tap or worse, a problem that can be solved by spending $150 for a Vanek or similar trigger kit made by competent people. Another potentially bad piece of advice is to change one spring at a time, so some guns end up with a light recoil spring and stock striker spring and barely go into battery. If the trigger spring is installed with the hooks oriented upside down or sideways, the reset will feel sluggish and the trigger safety might not even engage. Then there are the facebook groups (I think "Glockworld" is one) where you see the absolute worst window lickers of the gun community giving terrible advice, though mostly focused on innocuous ghetto stuff like slide and barrel polishing to a mirror finish.

Basically, if you just do the standard set of stuff that Charlie Vanek lists as part of his "classic" trigger kit, you can get a smooth 2 lb competition action or a little heavier for the real world, if you just use the standard set of springs and a connector that go together. Then you have a gun that's easy for you to shoot, instead of an obstacle to overcome. It's perfectly fine to carry a stock Glock too.

Nothing's perfect. You will never know if a design can be improved with out trying. Hey there's always room for improvement. I'll be emailing Ghost tonight see what they say. Until then I'll carry another side arm.

Perfection is Glock's description, not mine ;)

I've tweaked springs in my 17 for IDPA...ended up switching to Federal ammo/primers due to the constant light primer strikes. The point is replacing springs on a carry Glock is a risk which may or may not effect reliability. Up to you to decide if its worth it... to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom