• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We Surveyed the 2020 Democrats on Gun Control. Here Are the New Dividing Lines.

I actually had a liberal HS classmate of mine suggest that all gun owners should bring ALL their guns to the local PD at specified intervals for "inspections". You know, like we have our cars inspected.. SMH.. can you imagine this shitshow.. the logistics of getting them all there safely, and securely.. especially for some (most) of us who have more than a handful. the cost of having an officer just there to do these... He couldn't specify any more details on the "inspections" other than to "make sure you still own them and they're safe". whatever..

I was dumbfounded by the ridiculousness of the idea.

I actually had a liberal HS classmate of mine suggest that all gun owners should bring ALL their guns to the local PD at specified intervals for "inspections". You know, like we have our cars inspected.. SMH.. can you imagine this shitshow.. the logistics of getting them all there safely, and securely.. especially for some (most) of us who have more than a handful. the cost of having an officer just there to do these... He couldn't specify any more details on the "inspections" other than to "make sure you still own them and they're safe". whatever..

Sorry to hear your former classmate is a moron.

The police can't even handle paperwork for an LTC once every 5 years for what should be an easily automate-able process. Imagine how they'd handle every one of those LTC holders having to bring every gun in, every year. I couldn't even carry them all in without making several trips. Are the police experts in what makes a gun safe? Are they all gunsmiths? What would they do with guns that can't even be fired because they are antiques covered in cosmo? It would be laughable. Sure. Let's do it. There will be massive noncompliance because close to 0% of the LTC holders would ever successfully get this completed.

I remember my boss telling his coworker how unsafe it is for Walmart to have machetes out for anyone to grab and go on a hacking spree with. He said they ought to be locked up AND there ought to be background checks before you can buy one!

I remember my boss telling his coworker how unsafe it is for Walmart to have machetes out for anyone to grab and go on a hacking spree with. He said they ought to be locked up AND there ought to be background checks before you can buy one!

Well, unapproved brush cutting IS rampant, so...

I own this Gerber brush cutter... show the image to him, which I just picked up from the shelf at Cabela's and bought, which I carry while bush whacking, and watch him pee his panties:

https://www.gerbergear.com/Cutting-Tools/Machetes/Gator-Brush-Thinner_31-000083

Well, unapproved brush cutting IS rampant, so...

I own this Gerber brush cutter... show the image to him, which I just picked up from the shelf at Cabela's and bought, which I carry while bush whacking, and watch him pee his panties:

https://www.gerbergear.com/Cutting-Tools/Machetes/Gator-Brush-Thinner_31-000083

That seems like a poor choice for a stabbing/slashing rampage. You're going to have pry the point out all the time. I'd stick with the classic shape unless you're more of a one and done kinda rampage guy [laugh]

That seems like a poor choice for a stabbing/slashing rampage. You're going to have pry the point out all the time. I'd stick with the classic shape unless you're more of a one and done kinda rampage guy [laugh]

LOL. No it works great, if you use a hook-em-in-the-back-of-neck action then pull it forward. The curved end lines up very nicely with curvature of neck.

All the democrats have to do is shut the f*** up about guns for one election and they win. But they can't. Comical to watch them alienate centrists election after election with a subject thats consistently a loss for them to talk about.

Based on some of the nutty stuff that beta has said and done before......it wouldnt surprise me to see him pull a jussie smullet like stunt, straw purchase a gun and try to stage his own faux shooting with an AR for publicity....botch it and turn himself into a darwin awards candidate.....
I’d be ok with that!

All the democrats have to do is shut the f*** up about guns for one election and they win. But they can't. Comical to watch them alienate centrists election after election with a subject thats consistently a loss for them to talk about.
They can't. They survey that their base has moved so far on the anti-gun platform that they have to compete the virtue signaling or be thrown out in the primary. Harris had a gun for personal protection. Sanders used to be somewhat pro-gun in Vermont. Gillibrand used to brand herself a fuddy gun right supporter. All of them can't be the 'we'll take peons guns and then slave'em' deep down in heart, but they just sing whatever song to get votes.

Back
Top Bottom