WE NEED YOUR HELP

Your production crew might be trying to skirt the law.

Please post the particulars of what they are trying to accomplish by having a licensed person in the theatre.

Your production crew might be trying to skirt the law.

Please post the particulars of what they are trying to accomplish by having a licensed person in the theatre.

Read MGL Ch. 140 S. 131F1/2. Someone with a LTC must "supervise" the people (actors/actresses) carrying the firearm, etc.

len...that went quick...I told them they should raise the pay amount...looks like they took my advice.

Read MGL Ch. 140 S. 131F1/2. Someone with a LTC must "supervise" the people (actors/actresses) carrying the firearm, etc.

"Finger off the trigger! Finger off the trigger!!!! Point in a safe direction!! *KABOOM* Oh....Oh, wait....my mistake, nevermind, I forgot that its an opera. Good thing those were blanks!"

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

ection 131F1/2. Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (a) of section ten of chapter two hundred and sixty-nine of the General Laws or any other law to the contrary, the carrying or possession of a firearm and blank ammunition therefor, during the course of any television, movie, stage or other similar theatrical production, by a person within such production, shall be authorized; provided, however, that such carrying or possession of such firearm shall be under the immediate supervision of a person licensed to carry firearms.

It seems that when the person with the license isn't around, the person with the firearm is breaking the law.

Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary presupposes that the firearm owner is otherwise legal in this state to have the firearm.

Last edited:

Yup, that's the law. Though it's a bit redundant, as § 129(m) already allows non-licensed folks to hold, handle, and fire a firearm for a lawful purpose in the presence of an LTC holder. The only difference is that 129(m) says "in the presence of" and § 131F½ says "immediate supervision of".

Regardless, this could be a new line of work for me.

But guys, what should I buy with the money?? I can't think of anything I need. Any suggestions...ideas?? iPod? TV? Oh...oh....wait a second...maybe another... nah..

So when the licensee goes home for the night, the person possessing the firearm, and traveling with it to the performances is in violation of Bartley Fox?

Otherwise, why would they need a licensee?

Why don't they just buy a blank pistol incapable of firing a projectile? (Starter's pistol?) Then it wuldn't be a firearm, and therefore wouldn't need someone with a license?

Regardless, this could be a new line of work for me.

But guys, what should I buy with the money?? I can't think of anything I need. Any suggestions...ideas?? iPod? TV? Oh...oh....wait a second...maybe another... nah..

How about a Green Membership?

Back
Top Bottom