• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We Need To Retoxify Masculinity/Buy Guns, Drink Beer.

"
Let’s be clear: My pronouns are “he,” “his,” and “stop being creepy weirdos.”

Okay, maybe the last one isn’t a pronoun, but then again, I’m a man and if I want an insulting string of words directed at the nattering nabobs of gender neutrality to be a pronoun, it is a pronoun. And if you don’t like it, fight me.

We need more masculinity, and the more toxic the social justice warriors think it is, the better.

Bizarrely, now shaving companies are allying with the SJWs in an Axis of Irritants. Gillette is channeling campus gender studies dorks to try to sell you razors. They all think you should soften up, get in touch with your feelings, and submit.

I say tighten up, let your righteous fury flow through you, and tell them all to kiss your Schumer.

Much as I advocate global warming, I am a strong proponent of toxic masculinity. It’s also known as “masculinity.”

Risk-taking.

Ferociousness.

Independence."
We Need To Retoxify Masculinity

Based on some blurbs on FB, I think Gillette will run as fast AWAY from this campaign as Pepsi did with Whomever Kardashian Can Change The World 2 years ago. Turns out the woman that made the commercial (go figure!) is a feminist extremist. NO! LOL

Nothing is manlier than talking about how manly you are on the internet after your feels are hurt by the big bad shaving corporation's advertisement asking you not to be human garbage.
Imagine if Gillette came out with a commercial decrying the thug/gang culture; used all black actors in the ad; and implied that all black youth in their teens and 20s are gang material.

It is only acceptable to stereotype certain groups, not others.

And WTF were the focus groups getting feedback on this ad campaign before release?

Nothing is manlier than talking about how manly you are on the internet after your feels are hurt by the big bad shaving corporation's advertisement asking you not to be human garbage.
Nothing is more pathetic than a company kowtowing to a Liberal myth that masculinity is bad and all men are bully's and potential rapists. What's even worse is you just insulted the majority of your customers. I would love to have been in that meeting where this ad was dreamed up and presented to Gillette execs as a good idea. Gillette is NOT NIKE. They depend on masculine men to buy their products. Talk about sexism, why do them have pink razors for women?

The problem with the whole "toxic masculinity" thing is the fact that it contains the word "masculinity". This causes some men to take personal offense to what should be an uncontroversial sentiment: don't be a piece of shit, and don't teach your sons to be pieces of shit.

To put it another way, y'all got triggered.

Hey, I was watching Jordan Peterson crying during one of his video's last night.......so yea.....damn...not sure where I'm going with this..

The problem with the whole "toxic masculinity" thing is the fact that it contains the word "masculinity". This causes some men to take personal offense to what should be an uncontroversial sentiment: don't be a piece of shit, and don't teach your sons to be pieces of shit.

We didn't get "triggered" by Gillette, THEY allowed some liberal feminazi to convince them alienating the majority of their customers is a good idea. This is another campaign platform of the left to denigrate individuals who don't bow to their ideology. WE are a threat to them so WE must be destroyed.

There are a few on this site should pay attention to this thread, and at least one mod that I can think of as well.

The only problem I see is that the commercial/ the left's/ feminist argument is Any masculinity = Piece of shit behavior.
With that thinking, we're doomed.
We can have masculinity and good behavior. I think they used to call it chivalry. Like opening the door for women, defending her honor, giving her your coat when she doesn't have one....etc...etc..

The problem with the whole "toxic masculinity" thing is the fact that it contains the word "masculinity". This causes some men to take personal offense to what should be an uncontroversial sentiment: don't be a piece of shit, and don't teach your sons kids to be pieces of shit.
Muh equality

Had they done the ad differently - putting a POSITIVE spin on it vs making it a f***ing lecture it could have been an excellent ad. I don’t think anyone would have an issue with an ad focused on men leading the way for other men to embrace traditional masculine values: doing the right thing, protecting the vulnerable, playing fair, treating others with respect. Instead what we get is ‘men suck, men have always sucked and you better change’. And they wonder why people got pissed

AND what pisses me off even more is that the erosion of traditional male values and behaviors was STARTED by the same f***ing liberal a**h***s who say men suck now. IDGAF if you’re religious or not but for 2000 years the church set a moral foundation and provided a model of what’s acceptable or not. Well now church is evil and there is a vacuum. What’s more f***ing MANNERS covered this shit for years. But the f***ing liberal shitheads decided kids didn’t NEED to learn manners and the Hollywood a**h***s mocked traditional male roles in their movies - so we get ill mannered man-child’s who don’t know how to act in society. But it’s OUR fault.

"Toxic Masculinity" is another manufactured grievance of the leftist elites and the FemiNazi's. For many years I worked in machine shops and in the Infantry, bastions of "toxic masculinity" and now I work with mostly women. My boss is a 55 yr old white woman who I've known for over 30 yrs. My co-workers are mostly immigrant woman from Cambodia, Vietnam, India and a few Hispanics who are all American citizens and girly, girls. The Asians escaped the Killing Fields of Cambodia or the oppression of the Commies in Vietnam, the Indians escaped forced marriages and sex discrimination in India. They like masculine men and like being treated like women. These college educated angry Feminists don't know how good they have it, never have women had so much opportunity and equal rights. If there's "toxic masculinity" there sure is "toxic femininity", I can give you examples of women who used what they got to get ahead if you know what I mean. Just another tactic by the left to divide and conquer.

AND what pisses me off even more is that the erosion of traditional male values and behaviors was STARTED by the same f***ing liberal a**h***s who say men suck now. IDGAF if you’re religious or not but for 2000 years the church set a moral foundation and provided a model of what’s acceptable or not. Well now church is evil and there is a vacuum. What’s more f***ing MANNERS covered this shit for years. But the f***ing liberal shitheads decided kids didn’t NEED to learn manners and the Hollywood a**h***s mocked traditional male roles in their movies - so we get ill mannered man-child’s who don’t know how to act in society. But it’s OUR fault.
Don't you love how all the sit coms usually center around a dumbass man constantly being bailed out by his wife or GF? All part of the plan, Archie Bunker would never fly these days.

Don't you love how all the sit coms usually center around a dumbass man constantly being bailed out by his wife or GF? All part of the plan, Archie Bunker would never fly these days.

If you portray men as Al Bundy you get men acting like Al Bundy. Don’t get me wrong MwC was hilarious but your weren’t supposed to use Al as a role model. You’re supposed to laugh at him. The problem is they’ve eliminated all the POSITIVE role models. All the heroes are f***ing thugs. So all we have left are Al Bundy or some soy based alternative like the other men in his current show Modern Family- and while he’s still pretty normal, he’s the marginalized fossil of the show

If you portray men as Al Bundy you get men acting like Al Bundy. Don’t get me wrong MwC was hilarious but your weren’t supposed to use Al as a role model. You’re supposed to laugh at him. The problem is they’ve eliminated all the POSITIVE role models. All the heroes are f***ing thugs.
Yup, strange you don't hear the left going after Rappers who refer to woman as Hos's in their music or have then dancing around half naked in their music videos. Have you ever watched Spanish TV? All the men are super macho men chasing hot Latin Women, where's the outrage from the FemiNazi's? Oh right, it's only WHITE men that are guilty of glorifying women as sex objects.

Yup, strange you don't hear the left going after Rappers who refer to woman as Hos's in their music or have then dancing around half naked in their music videos. Have you ever watched Spanish TV? All the men are super macho men chasing hot Latin Women, where's the outrage from the FemiNazi's? Oh right, it's only WHITE men that are guilty of glorifying women as sex objects.
Nope cause that damages the coalition of victim hood called ‘intersectionality’. This shows it has nothing to do with actually trying to change anything and everything to do with boosting a power base.

Back
Top Bottom