• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We Need a Northern New England Only Classified Section

I can tell when a offer is made from a NH NES'r

"Glock $400" is a sure give away

The ad title does not say 'pre Maura" or "pre ban"

although not a lot of inventory has been changing hands in the live free or die state in the last year IMHO

Are any other freestaters sick of wading through MA private parties' and MA dealers' overpriced guns and accessories? That, - and I know they're allowed to do it since they paid - along with dealers running multiple consecutive ads in the non-dealer forums bumping everyone else's ad to the next page?

I'd welcome a section where I could have the chance to find actual deals on more reasonably priced items I might want and be able to buy locally. Besides, I'm sick of almost every other ad having the word "Glock" in it.

Rant off.
Not this sh*t again.

SmartSelect_20210728-202248_Gallery.jpg

I'm on another forum that has more than one state. The classified section has the seller select where they are from. It keeps all the ads in one section, but is super easy to sort thru.
Don't think of it as "NH is better than MA, I don't want to look at their ads". Some guys are just so far north that driving 5 hrs to MA isn't worth it.
That's the situation I am in with SC, the state is so damn large, I don't want to travel to meet some guys in state. Which is why I tend to search for the NC/SC ads. Shows who is close and helps sale IMO.
Screenshot_20210729-123824_Chrome.jpg

Mods should just make an NH section and lock it down.

Extra points if you migrated from MA to NH, moving away from your job, friends and family just so you can buy a $400 glock.
Nope, Glocks are overrated. I’m left MA for the free state M&P trigger. 🤣

Any chance of someone moving this to the 1st world problem thread?
Lol agreed. I look forward to the days where my only issues in life are worrying about the format of classified ads on a gun forum....

No offense to the OP as yes it would be nice if at least the location could be disclosed in the ads. But that's just not on the top of the list of things I need to worry about [laugh]

Instead of member names, can we have numbers like in a Swiss Bank Account... ?

Without putting words into the OP's mouth, I think you're misreading what he is posting.

Currently the classifieds are a royal pain in the dick to sort through as they are 90% Mass ads with no location until you open them up and read. Once you open them and get over the shock of double priced items, you see the vague locations of "metrowest" or "armpit" and know that isn't anywhere near where he is.

A couple of possible solutions which would make it easier on all involved is either the OP's suggestion of a Northern classifieds(even just one catch all subforum) or make it easier to search by state. IMO the additional subforum would not be difficult for the owners of the board to implement and it would make the classified sections more user friendly for everyone.
Most you can figure out.
Anything that says:
Pre ban, Healy whatever, Never fired, Mass compliant, Roster.
All those alien terms let you know whoever and whatever is from The Common Wealth.
It's the cryptic ones that'll get you.
I look for the amusement factor.

Admin should put a drop down right in the header.

State > WTS/WTT > item description > price

Make it so you can’t complete the post if the fields aren’t filled in. Or if it does then mods can just delete the ad for not following directions.
I don't know if the tech for this forum software would allow that, but the above bolded part would make the most sense.

The original rules when we created NES indeed included mods deleting ads that didn't follow the rules (location, price, etc.). As one of the original mods, I did this past the point of burnout and according to Derek, I became hated by many of those scofflaws for deleting their non-compliant posts. There really aren't many active mods anymore and that is such a thankless task that it is unreasonable to ask them to do it.

As just a paying member, I've taken the position that if someone doesn't want to give a hint where they are/where the transaction would take place or doesn't bother to post a price, I just "move on" and ignore their ad. That is the best way to deal with it.

I too am sick of all the Ma bullshit and I'm IN Ma. Any time I see an ad that starts with "pre" or "rare in Ma" I skip it because I know it will be stupidly expensive.
In reference to the OP, this is where I sympathize with him.

It's lame scrolling through and seeing something like a particular CZ or something that's not a Glock or an M&P, then loading the ad and finding out it's a "RARE IN MA, I know what I got! FIRM!" post where it's 3x the price it would fetch in any other New England state. If it was prefaced with MA in the title or in a MA subforum, I wouldn't be an issue.

Still a first world problem, though.

Marginal idea. Most long guns are easy to sell state to state and I have had great transactions with NESers from NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND.

Rules require location. Ads without should be removed.

In reference to the OP, this is where I sympathize with him.

It's lame scrolling through and seeing something like a particular CZ or something that's not a Glock or an M&P, then loading the ad and finding out it's a "RARE IN MA, I know what I got! FIRM!" post where it's 3x the price it would fetch in any other New England state. If it was prefaced with MA in the title or in a MA subforum, I wouldn't be an issue.

Still a first world problem, though.
You guys in NH can buy everything that is in the classifieds for cheaper from a dealer.

I dont understand why you even bother.

You can actually find nicer stuff online than on NES (since most of NES lives in sh*t States).

Back
Top Bottom