• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We Need a Northern New England Only Classified Section

One thing I notice, there are way more cry babies in surrounding states than there are in Mass.
Generally speaking, the people in the surrounding states are used to bitching, whining, cussing, and fighting until something is fixed.

Contrast that with Mass and it is simply being quiet, curling into a fetal position, and hold out some money for a paltry return.

but you do whatever you need to do to justify you supported the Mass gun grabbers with your tax dollars.

You guys in NH can buy everything that is in the classifieds for cheaper from a dealer.

I dont understand why you even bother.

You can actually find nicer stuff online than on NES (since most of NES lives in sh*t States).
I generally don't bother, to be honest. I'll poke around from time to time but I've bought far more reloading stuff from here than firearms. I've only bought two firearms off NES and one was from someone I had known for a while before hand.

You guys in NH can buy everything that is in the classifieds for cheaper from a dealer.

You can actually find nicer stuff online than on NES (since most of NES lives in sh*t States).

Pre Lock S&Ws? SAAs? Marlins before they sucked? Pre ‘64 Winchesters?

These are best found by FTF.

Can we get a special forum that doesn’t have Glocks and ARs? Maybe a lever gun and revolver section?

The first thing I do when I sign in to NES, is click on Firearms Classifieds, then click "Mark Read".

Then to "New Posts", so that the stuff I want to see isn't cluttered up by the ridiculous ads.

I’m not big on the classifieds here, I have better options. That being said, I have ended up buying used decent guns for a fair price from what ended up being local to local-Ish folks through the classifieds here.

I’m not going down to mass to buy anything, period. I’d sell to mass since I’m a nice guy, but I ain’t selling shit right now (unless you want some old break action shotguns I don’t want).

I hear the OPs gripe, and I would frequent the classifieds more if there was either a locality rule or state specific/America specific aspect. I also understand that I don’t know how to make that work....I run conduit, pull wires....design PLCs and relay logic controls yada yada yada.....is that a Seinfeld reference??

F that. They're old Yankees from Northern New England. They don't need no location in their gangdum titles. That's some fancy-pants newfangled stuff that ain't required! How dare you upset the history and heritage of their current NES classified postings????

FWIW - I'd be OK. But the ME/VT/NH section (no delineation - just one section) would be devoid of many postings AND people on there would forget to post their location and Mainiacs would be made at New Hamsters would be mad at (do we have a semi-derogatory term for VT - besides liberal hillbillies?) Vermonters. It would be a funny s-show. Because NO ONE POSTS THEIR DAMNED LOCATION IN THE TITLE!!!!

Crunchies - learned that from someone who briefly went to college there. Learned later from a VT native (old family) that they hate being tarred with that because of hippies from away.

It's after the granola they live on.

This is true in most states outside of MA. But if you are so addicted to NES and its ecentric cast of characters so you click New Posts everytime, you can't easily skip the ads. Or, I am just too dumb to figure out how to ignore the firearms classified directory without a bunch of extra clicks. The worst is when I accidently mark the entire forum read, rather than just the classifieds. [horse]

Please share. I figured NH people just never sold their stuff 😂

Pay $6/month for Armslist,.. or buy an Uncle Henry's,...
Nope. Not sure if A/L is even working anymore, let alone trying to sign up. Plus, why do I want to pay $$ to buy? They should have just charged a fee to sell.
Mods should just make an NH section and lock it down.

Extra points if you migrated from MA to NH, moving away from your job, friends and family just so you can buy a $400 glock.
Some of us live in NH for the other freedoms. No begging for an LTC; no mag capacity limits. No "EFA-10" records.

Because some of us want to buy without having to involve a dealer and extra paperwork. Especially since NH's "Gun Line" for handguns was so slow the last few years (and if Sununu doesn't sign to abolish it, it will probably go back to being slow).

Crunchies - learned that from someone who briefly went to college there. Learned later from a VT native (old family) that they hate being tarred with that because of hippies from away.

It's after the granola they live on.
I recall the term earthy-crunchy back in the day but didnt really get why

Back
Top Bottom