We might be moving back. Glocks still the thing to bring?

In all seriousness though, if you’re looking at Foxboro you might want to look South of Norwood like Wrentham, Franklin, MAnsfield etc. it’s a little less congested than the Norwood area and just as easily accessible to Foxboro. Plus there’s a new commuter rail at Gillette (in addition to ones in Franklin, Mansfield etc.)

I grew up in Mansfield. The town has changed a lot, but it's a great town. And it's basically a junction of 95 and 495.

In all seriousness though, if you’re looking at Foxboro you might want to look South of Norwood like Wrentham, Franklin, MAnsfield etc. it’s a little less congested than the Norwood area and just as easily accessible to Foxboro. Plus there’s a new commuter rail at Gillette (in addition to ones in Franklin, Mansfield etc.)
ah no shit? That should help with the house hunt. My wife doesn't like to drive, so I'd want to keep her commute small, and Norwood was about as far out as we were thinking for her, closer in to Foxboro it looks like we could get into a house with 50% down.

Dave, I hope you enjoyed it out there. You were MIA here on NES for a while.

Bringing back a newer, salt free, truck?

If you have room in the truck bring me back one of them there farm girl Lilac Queen or Princesses.

Those 9mm G preban mags you don't want, well ;).

Either way, glad to have a true 2A supporter back in the area.

Matt

PS: never mind I am too f'in old.

Sunset-Boarder.jpg

just curious, if you had to commute in to Boston from that area, what would be your preferred daily commute?

Depends how far from 95 you'd be while in Mansfield. It'd probably add another 10-15 minutes. I'm not poo-pooing Norwood though.

Be careful if you don't hold an LTC or expired LTC without one of the DQs that render it invalid for protection from criminal conviction (discussed in other threads). The Supreme Marsupial Court has ruled the 60 day grace period does not apply to high cap weaponry (see Commowealth v. Cornelius).

Like others have said, all the pistols are available for a small fee above free state prices if you know what your doing but...... the shockwave and Tac13 seem to be a desirable novelty to some and much harder to put hands on in state.

ah no shit? That should help with the house hunt. My wife doesn't like to drive, so I'd want to keep her commute small, and Norwood was about as far out as we were thinking for her, closer in to Foxboro it looks like we could get into a house with 50% down.

Werntham, Mansfield, North Attleboro & Franklin are very easy access to Foxboro and still a reasonable commute to Boston via rail or even driving (maybe 15 mins further than Norwood and dramatically lower home prices) Foxboro is (was?) a red town when it comes to firearms licensing, Wrentham & MAnsfield are green. The Foxboro police Chief is a dick anti, if that makes a difference to you. Feel free to pm me if you’re looking for more info/insight. My town abuts Foxboro and I drive into Boston regularly. Norwood [to me] is the beginning of MetroWest congestion/crazy real estate pricing. There are a few decent/relaxed gun clubs down our way too.

You can't afford Norwood now or any other town around here. You're better off commuting from Washington ;)

What I'd tell you is if you want to make an investment, standard capacity glock pre-ban mags in 9MM are nearly always full retard priced here.

If you can find them, bring them in, they sell at a ridiculous premium.

If you don't believe me, check the classifieds here

They're about twice that at shops here. Is southern N.H. an option? It's not just what handguns you can buy here. This state makes being a gun owner very difficult. Don't come here if you have any other choice.

You're going to the wrong shops. ;)

I was looking at an email from a shop that I've darkened in teh past but it's out of the way for me yesterday. They had all sorts of pre-ban AK's. $2100-4500. Ummmmmm, yeahno.

As far as what "can't" you get in MA - think Sig's without safeties. 320's. 365's. Forget resale. You'll own, at a reasonable price, something that's harder to get here.

Wife is interviewing for a tenure track position at a few places in the area, so we might be coming back.

Before I left, Glocks were the IT girls for outsiders to bring in. That still the case? They're about $350 used in my local area.

Anything new by Colt is also hard to come by. You could probably unload a crate full of the new Hellcats in short order.

just curious, if you had to commute in to Boston from that area, what would be your preferred daily commute?

There's plenty of back roads in, taking 138 to Pearl St to a few back roads to 139, or you could hop on 24 before the rush (5am).

There's plenty of traffic anyway you go anytime because........Boston

I grew up in Mansfield. The town has changed a lot, but it's a great town. And it's basically a junction of 95 and 495.

Bleep you. LOL. Mansfield has the most Karen drivers per capita of any place in the country.

(I will say the Town Fathers over the years have made a ton of good decisions to keep the town up-and-coming though. But your moms are the WORST drivers in the world. LOL)

I'm sure as shit not moving to RI, and while I miss Somerville, the front runner job for my wife is right next to Foxborough, so if I'm going to work in MA, anywhere, it will likely be Boston, putting us either in Norwood, or near it.

NH wouldn't work, unfortunately.
If you decide to re-immigrate to PRM - pick a town marketed with GREEN Chief of Police... Moving a town or so to the west might help.

Before you leave, post a note at your local range that you'll trade brand-spanking new factory Glock mags for any U notch or early square standard cap mags and/or giggle sticks. Take a head count of replies and buy enough new mags to trade. Bring those prebans here. Profit (and maybe karma/discount some to us? ;)

Serious question, are new Glocks available and reasonable in CA?
yes...but not sure how the magazine ban works here. I left all my guns in MA and haven't even bothered to look into guns here.

I'm pretty sure you don't even need a license just to buy a gun for the house, but I know getting a carry license in LA county is a non-starter.

I'm sure as shit not moving to RI, and while I miss Somerville, the front runner job for my wife is right next to Foxborough, so if I'm going to work in MA, anywhere, it will likely be Boston, putting us either in Norwood, or near it.

NH wouldn't work, unfortunately.

Serious question, why not RI ?

Back
Top Bottom