We finally got our LTCs!

My wife and I have just gotten our LTCs ALP! [party] Thanks to all the great information on here we were well prepared for the circus that MA could be. Thankfully my town is very green and the process couldn't have been easier. The firearms officer was very efficient and friendly. 6 weeks, which she said it would take, and I now have my license in hand. Thank you all for helping me out with my questions and all the knowledge you posses and are willing share. Also thanks again to Derek and the mods for keeping NES what it is. Now it's time to go shopping [smile]. Can anybody recommend a shop in the Leominster/Fitchburg area or Burlington? I'm already planning on heading to Four Seasons (they're less than 5 miles from my office) but wanted to get other recommendations I like to look around before buying.

Congrats! I was just gonna say Four Seasons is open for another 92 minutes, what are you doing typing here?

There's also Collectors in Stoneham which is next town over from Woburn (never been there). And out your way I can't help you. North Shore here. But Congrats again

blue northern in ayer, state line gun shop in mason (NH), first defense in uxbridge, frank and tiny in tyngsboro... all are relatively close by. FDF is worth the drive.

Well done.

Now, do the right thing and purchase all your firearms out-of-state [read: come on up!]. Would you rather pay $25 in MA sales tax for that new pistol, or put that $25 transfer fee in the pocket of your local gun shop owner?

Well done.

Now, do the right thing and purchase all your firearms out-of-state [read: come on up!]. Would you rather pay $25 in MA sales tax for that new pistol, or put that $25 transfer fee in the pocket of your local gun shop owner?

Because I don't any idea what I'm talking about here but what I'm wondering is how receptive would a Mass gun shop be to doing a transfer from NH? I understand that they would obviously get the transfer fee but what kind of mark up is there on guns i.e. how much more/less would they have made if I bought the gun from the MA shop directly?

Last edited:
Not that I have any idea what I'm talking about here but what I'm wondering is how receptive would a Mass gun shop be to doing a transfer from NH? I understand that they would obviously get the transfer fee but what kind of mark up is there on guns i.e. how much more/less would they have made if I bought the gun from the MA shop directly?

NH gun shops are great for long guns. I bought my AR at Lewis Arms in Bow. they get a bit twitchy when you start asking about pistols/revolvers because they're worried about problems on the MA side of things. for long guns just fill out a FA-10 as a "registration" with your own info and the rifle info within 7 days and you're good to go!

four seasons is a great gunshop! I'll keep going back for sure.

and congratulations!!!

State Line is a GREAT shop and nearby... definitely make a trip there

+1, State line is great!

I try and shop around, call up places and/or go on websites once I know what I want to find the best price.... the only thing bout NH is I hate waiting for it to get mailed to my MA FFL... once the cash goes out of pocket, I like whatever it is to go into pocket [wink]

There's also Collectors in Stoneham which is next town over from Woburn (never been there)

+1 on Collectors. Bought a couple of guns from them - great service and price. A few miles from Four Seasons so check both places as they have different inventory and comparable prices. Congrats!

+1 on Collectors. Bought a couple of guns from them - great service and price. A few miles from Four Seasons so check both places as they have different inventory and comparable prices. Congrats!

Thanks for the tip on Collector's I wasn't aware of them. [grin]

+1, State line is great!

I try and shop around, call up places and/or go on websites once I know what I want to find the best price....

Me too. I wish more shops would run a website like FS. I hate going to a website and clicking on their products page only to get redirected to the manufacturer's page. Drive's me nucking futs. [angry2]

My wife and I have just gotten our LTCs ALP! [party] Thanks to all the great information on here we were well prepared for the circus that MA could be. Thankfully my town is very green and the process couldn't have been easier. The firearms officer was very efficient and friendly. 6 weeks, which she said it would take, and I now have my license in hand. Thank you all for helping me out with my questions and all the knowledge you posses and are willing share. Also thanks again to Derek and the mods for keeping NES what it is. Now it's time to go shopping [smile]. Can anybody recommend a shop in the Leominster/Fitchburg area or Burlington? I'm already planning on heading to Four Seasons (they're less than 5 miles from my office) but wanted to get other recommendations I like to look around before buying.

Congrats on the license.

Personally, I think that you should peruse the gun shops for guns you may like...and if they happen to have them there for a good price then snatch them up.

However, I think the prices on this forum are generally better than retail shops.

I have also seen some shops offer advice that I personally don't think is correct nor all that beneficial to a new shooter.

For example: Selling an uncle mike's IWB holster for a new shooter who will be CCW'ing

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/inside_the_pant_holsters.html

I bought one when I first got started. Now it sits in my safe and question why anyone would ever sell something like that. (then realized the shop did not sell a ton of holsters so that was what they happened to have in stock).

Buy your range bag from midway for $40. I think I spent $55-80 in a retail shop and the midway range bag is nicer. There was a recent post about it.

www.cheaperthandirt.com usually has cheap electric hearing protection.

get your C&R. If you buy anything gun related from midway or brownells you'll get a dealer discount. I have no C&R firearms but I have saved a ton of money using it.

Congrats on the license.

Personally, I think that you should peruse the gun shops for guns you may like...and if they happen to have them there for a good price then snatch them up.

However, I think the prices on this forum are generally better than retail shops.

I have also seen some shops offer advice that I personally don't think is correct nor all that beneficial to a new shooter.

For example: Selling an uncle mike's IWB holster for a new shooter who will be CCW'ing

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/inside_the_pant_holsters.html

I bought one when I first got started. Now it sits in my safe and question why anyone would ever sell something like that. (then realized the shop did not sell a ton of holsters so that was what they happened to have in stock).

Buy your range bag from midway for $40. I think I spent $55-80 in a retail shop and the midway range bag is nicer. There was a recent post about it.

www.cheaperthandirt.com usually has cheap electric hearing protection.

get your C&R. If you buy anything gun related from midway or brownells you'll get a dealer discount. I have no C&R firearms but I have saved a ton of money using it.

Thanks for the tips. I've been cruising the classifieds here, like you said the prices in general seem to be pretty good unless they're selling something you can't get in a MA store, then it's capitalism at it's best (no sarcasm there I'm all for selling whatever a seller wants to sell for how much they want to sell it). As for the C&R that's next on the list, actually just waiting for the form to show up, I do plan on getting a few older rifles. My wife really liked the Springfield 1873 and M1 Garand we got to handle during our safety class (unfortunately she didn't really like the ARs [crying] but I'll work on that [smile]). What kind of a discount are we talking 3 - 5% or something insane like 15 - 20%?

BTW - just got my Goal Membership info in the mail. Thanks again for donating it at the TVI Shoot.

Back
Top Bottom