1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

We can't send them back home, but

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by copterdoctor, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Artifact

Artifact NES Member

We did, it's called NAFTA....

2. PATRON

PATRON NES Life Member NES Member

That's not going to work,the ATF won't be able to get rid of thier guns,and how about all the illegal drugs.

3. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

I don't know if "the country" is finished - but I think people need to get it thru their thick heads that the current government has basically declared itself to be non compos mentis.

I've been hearing well like - FOREVER - that we are a nation of laws, that the legitimacy of the government is based on the will of the people - and internationally accepted standards of what consists of a "state".

If you read thru all of the definition of what a "state" is - they all pretty much put " sovereignty over a geographical area" right at the very top of the list.

Therefore - when the current federal government refuses to enforce the border - AND - when it puts "illegals" on the same footing as "citizens" - what it is in essence doing - by all accepted standards of law and what defines a "state" is saying that IT HAS NO LONGER ANY REASON TO EXIST.

I really think if people understood this - there would more reasonable resistance to what the government is doing - and potentially even some more lawsuits - since an actual legal case might be able to get built around what they're doing.

4. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

I still look at The Blaze for news, and today I find this.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...n-beck-announces-major-border-event-in-texas/

The comments section is bad for Beck.

Like I said before; I get it, it sucks, the conditions suck, I get it. No one forced them to come (probably) and their parents are responsible - where are they anyway? Now the Catholic Church is getting into this mess - http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...s_they_were_asked_to_house_immigrant_children

We already have all these givaways from the govt - and because they can't give our money away fast enough we have to give directly? The whole thing is just disgusting - and more importantly, it WILL destroy the country.

5. Jason Flare

Jason Flare NES Member

I've been out of the loop. Did a whole bunch of young Mexican kids show up at the border parent-less? If that's the case, it's a brilliant move.

6. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

The number is 60K since the beginning of the year - with a heavier part more recently.

It also leaves the CBP away from their posts so MS-13 and OTM's can gain access with all manner of items easily.

7. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Beck is really getting his ass handed to him in the comments to that stunt.

8. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

A new thought occurs to me, especially after the holding center that the Congressman was cleared out before they got there on orders of DHS.

Children - you and I think less than 13
    Re Guns - less than 21
    0bamaCare - less than 26

What if these 'unseen' 'unaccompanied' 'children' are in the last category, of course you could get 60K to the border - because most are adults. Just a thought - but will all the rules about no pics and no questions - and now hiding them from Congress........

9. ToddDubya

ToddDubya NES Member

Working the system

10. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

They found their way here no problem so it shouldn't be very hard for them to return via the same trail that got them here.

These 60,000 (est) kids show up here with no skills, family, jobs, promises, money or educations. Just how the hell are they going to get by without sucking off the taxpayers, dealing drugs or stealing?

11. Jason Flare

Jason Flare NES Member

A financial planner told me that immigrants will be buying the stock that the boomers are required to sell when the boomers reach 70. So I think your answer is, They'll be buying stock and saving the country from financial ruin.

That's one take on it at least.

12. ToddDubya

ToddDubya NES Member

The only problem I have with that approach is they probably didn't get here easily (cartels, human traffickers, etc). Many aren't coming from Mexico, so it's not just a day's hike to the border. Making an example out of them *might* go a long way toward dissuading other parents from sending their children but it makes innocent children pawns in the game. And if they never make it back home, the message never gets received.

I suppose we could bring them back to Mexico and tell them if they didn't come from Mexico and they don't want them, they should tighten up their borders. Pass the buck.

Like Jason Flare said, this is a genius move by the parents. Had they accompanied them and gotten caught, everyone would be sent packing. Now the parents can join them later and they're the only ones at risk of being returned.

13. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

The guy is a certified retard if he thinks that people who come over the border as illegal immigrants are going to be "buying stock".

He obviously has absolutely no clue as to what types of people actually own stock.

14. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

Different ballgame. Exchange students come fully funded with money from their family back home, health insurance, and rather than "driving illegally" a typical condition of the exchange program is "the exchange student will not drive".

15. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

The children are already pawns in the game.

The put themselves into the game by getting involved in it in the first place.

Do you actually think all these kids somehow miraculously made their way all the way up Mexico from the countries in Central America - and didn't have "help" somehow?

One of the latest major indicators that the press in this country is in outright failure mode and is completely useless - is that I have seen NOTHING about how these kids actually found their way up here.

If 60,000 people have made their way from Central America all the way thru Mexico - I'm sorry - but there is a MAJOR story there - and the actual truth of how they got here would probably be pretty easy to find.

But no - we can't have so called journalists actually reporting actual news any more - especially not when it might make them leave their air conditioned office in a NYC skyscraper.

16. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

Priorities. In light of all this, the fire dep't just called to complain that one of my contractors put a dumpster to close to the building. Horrors. Jack.

17. ninemilshooter

ninemilshooter

It has been solved before: http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0706/p09s01-coop.html

18. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

and it looks like 7 people from Lowell died in a fire around 4AM this morning.

Back to the topic
    So just what's the plan to keep these children off the streets, earning a living, paying their own way, staying away from drugs and prevent them from stealing stuff. Sorry but all I see is some more illegals adding to the voting base yet failing to contribute like all of our forefathers did.

Call me cold and callus but frankly I'm and sick and tired of the direction this country has been headed in. At 53 years old I've never collected a single dime from the system and I'll be lucky to get anything out of the system I paid my fair share into.

- - - Updated - - -

You have got to be kidding. I'd love to know how they plan on buying it.

19. boatman

boatman

Yes. Many did make it here themselves and there have been several major stories documenting the journeys. Whether it is a majority of them, half of them, or a small fraction I do not know, but I do know some have made amazing journeys here.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned, but you can't just put them on a bus and send them back without a hearing. I think there is something in the constitution about due process regardless of your citizenship. If someone from Australia is accused of a crime, then he gets the same treatment to determine his guilt as I would.

So once they are here we need the resource to have a quick hearing, determine they don't belong here, and get them back to their country. And without it being said, a way to prevent them from getting them here in the first place.

20. nhglock

nhglock

Just tell them they can come over.But they must live in Cleveland for 5 years first.That should stop them in their tracks.[rofl]

21. boatman

boatman

rumor is lebron is going back , so it might be a big draw for all the s florida people to move...

22. JohnZ

JohnZ

So when the parents do get here will the dcf get involved for child abandonment? Or do they just go after citizens?

23. ToddDubya

ToddDubya NES Member

Without knowing the ages of these children I can't say they they're entirely innocent, but a 5yo for example doesn't make the decision to leave Honduras for America. I don't think you can say the children put themselves in the game. If the "children" are 17yo we have a different situation.

As for the "help", I expect the "help" is the same coyotes that have been trafficking people for years. The only difference is that it sounds like today there might be some Groupon-type deals going on. Or maybe you meant help from the US .gov, which I would not doubt for a second.

The .gov is already spinning this as a humanitarian effort, so the media is going to focus on that. If we still had some journalists left they might be able to look beyond their own headlines and follow the whole story. Unfortunately right now they're trying to be the first one to blow the cover on the new iPhone 6 screen.

From CNN...

- - - Updated - - -

Hell no. They'll pat themselves on the back for reuniting broken families.

24. ninemilshooter

ninemilshooter

Here is something we can all do: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/let-unaccompanied-alien-children-live-white-house/gN4vlfd4

25. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

What makes you think that none of the 60K are MS-13 themselves. MS-13 graffiti has already been found in the holding cells in the Nogales Processing Center which were recently constructed exclusively to house these children. Also, they're all OTM's. That's among the largest hurdles to deporting them and what is causing all these problems. Mexicans are easy to deport, but OTM's take more work.

No, under immigration law a juvenile is defined as < 18 years old.

26. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

Completely false.

27. goodlife30

goodlife30

Solution. Napalm, mines, triple strand barbed wire, dogs - problem solved.

28. ToddDubya

ToddDubya NES Member

Care to expand? If I remember correctly you are a subject matter expert in this area.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

29. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

Sorry. I was on my iPad earlier and really didn't feel like typing. On the laptop now. Anyway, unaccompanied juveniles are being housed in various facilities all over the country, basically anywhere the .gov can find space. By law, unaccompanied juveniles have to be turned over to HHS custody and held in approved housing while they move through the immigration process. Family units (juveniles that cross with a parent or legal guardian), however, just get released with a notice to appear in court at a later date. The vast majority of the apprehensions in my area lately have been family units rather than unaccompanied juveniles. No joke, we usually end up just dropping them off in the parking lot of the local Walmart. We serve them with the notice to appear in court, but enforcement is based on the honor system. The orders to do all this bulls*** come directly to us from HQ in DC.

30. ToddDubya

ToddDubya NES Member

I was hoping you'd say it was better than I imagined. This sounds like it's actually much worse. Thanks for expanding.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

1 person likes this.