We Aren't Doing Ourselves Any Favors

Rutland , in the oppressive Republic of Massachuse
This is directed towards the entire gun industry, including consumers (you and me).

I wish that manufacturers would give their products nice friendly names, like Just Right Carbine, or Ruger Security 6, ect. And less killy names that sound militaryish, or tacticool. It gives the anti's something to talk about.

I wish a lot of our guns didn't look so ominous to non gun people. My 3gun Ar15 is mostly purple. Instead of stenciling skulls all over it I am getting a roll of yellow smiley face stickers for it.

I wish we would stop using the word "Assault Rifle". Its not accurate, and was designed by the anti's to fool the public. The move to use the term "MSR" was brilliant. Thank you NRA.

I wish every gun owner would pick a pro 2A organization to help support and stick in there for the long haul. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. They all have had their problems, nothing is perfect, but we need them.

I would like this thread to be more of a self help thread, not a preaching to the choir thread.

I would like everyone to feel free to post anything constructive.

Please no arguments .

Wouldn't it be great if GOAL or NRA could get some useful ideas here to use in a pro 2a campaign ?

This is directed towards the entire gun industry, including consumers (you and me).

I wish that manufacturers would give their products nice friendly names, like Just Right Carbine, or Ruger Security 6, ect. And less killy names that sound militaryish, or tacticool. It gives the anti's something to talk about.

I wish a lot of our guns didn't look so ominous to non gun people. My 3gun Ar15 is mostly purple. Instead of stenciling skulls all over it I am getting a roll of yellow smiley face stickers for it.

I wish we would stop using the word "Assault Rifle". Its not accurate, and was designed by the anti's to fool the public. The move to use the term "MSR" was brilliant. Thank you NRA.

I wish every gun owner would pick a pro 2A organization to help support and stick in there for the long haul. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. They all have had their problems, nothing is perfect, but we need them.

I would like this thread to be more of a self help thread, not a preaching to the choir thread.

I would like everyone to feel free to post anything constructive.

Please no arguments .

Wouldn't it be great if GOAL or NRA could get some useful ideas here to use in a pro 2a campaign ?

MSR wasn't an NRA thing, I think that's something from nssf. Regardless it doesn't matter, antis will keep using "assault weapons". We could all have hot pink Barbie rifles tomorrow, they will still call them "assault weapons"..

-Mike

This is a Cobray "Ladies Home Companion" that was essentailly a the streetsweeper name in .45/70 Government. Cobray named it this to thumb the nose at people offended by Streetsweeper. The Manual actaully has a woman with a parasol on it. But the take home is guns are guns. The left will hate guns regardless of their names. Then there are the made up names like "Saturday Night Special" that the press made up.

(to the fudds in the audience, this is not an NFA item. The 12 Gauge was made a destructive device. This is what they did with left over parts to make some money and stay out of the sights of the ATF)

wm_2666062.jpg

I always liked the t/c bone collector and the ruger deerslayer
But no, maybe they should have named the 'colt anaconda' the 'colt gentle panther 'instead.

Assault rifle is a real thing, assault weapon is not. Please learn the difference if you deal with antis, they spew enough ignorance, no need to help them

OP living on different planet. None of your silly grievances were perpetrated by the gun community. They’re leftist strategies developed by the establishment and corporate media to vilify you. Wake up.

The term "assault rifle" is different from "assault weapon". The latter was the one made up by anti's. I'm all for leaving the word "assault" behind altogether, though.

Seriously though, aren't most guns identified by a numeric designation? S&W, Glock, Sig, HK. Sure, I guess there are some with "names" but not many that would be considered menacing.

I think the real trick is to start adding "assault" to everything. It just might water it down...

"Honey, pass me the assault carrots..."
"Hey look at the new iPhone 'Assault 11' I just picked up..."
"Enbloc is such an 'assaulthole'..."

Back
Top Bottom