• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We Aren't Doing Ourselves Any Favors

I think the real trick is to start adding "assault" to everything. It just might water it down...

"Honey, pass me the assault carrots..."
"Hey look at the new iPhone 'Assault 11' I just picked up..."
"Enbloc is such an 'assaulthole'..."

OK I would totally pay a premium for an Assault Phone. Someone needs to market one.

Do you really think that the insane, tyrannical gun-grabber, central-government control types really care what we call them? It doesn't matter, they want you disarmed and dependent.

What is an example of a gun model with a "killy" name?
The Annihilator?
Tommy_Gun_08.jpg

I’m not against it though. I think it’s a great name.

Do you really think that the insane, tyrannical gun-grabber, central-government control types really care what we call them? It doesn't matter, they want you disarmed and dependent.

Took the words out of my mouth. The "I support the 2nd Amendment but..." crowd thinks only the National Guard should have the right to keep and bear arms.

I think the real trick is to start adding "assault" to everything. It just might water it down...

"Honey, pass me the assault carrots..."
"Hey look at the new iPhone 'Assault 11' I just picked up..."
"Enbloc is such an 'assaulthole'..."

I know I could use an assault express lane on 95 & 90 twice a day...

OP the left is controlling the dialog via the media and the leftists so they have the upper hand for now. There is no reasoning at all. They intentionally twist the truth to the unknowing public. To the general public we kill babies and old people with 30 round full auto banana clip magazines and they believe it.

Modern sporting rifle.

While not applicable int MA, we ain't doing ourselves any favor in open carry states. Every retard who walks into a Walmart with an AR or OC's some shitty pistol with a non gun belt just gives us bad optics.

Fun thing is though this isn't worth getting bent about, because at this point antis or other political malcontents can do the same thing.... if they don't have bad examples they just invent them....

Somebody correct me but wasn’t there something like this between black talon and golden Sabre. Regardless why do you care what the antis think about. F*** them!!

To the OP's point, I think that most manufacturers have pretty much refrained from using highly suggestive names for their products. I can't even think of the last "Alley Sweeper" that has hit the market.

I asked my wife, and while she is not at all anti, she did say that it is a little intimidating when I call it my Python. Maybe if I actually bought one she would lighten up a little.

OP has a point. Antis are going against the AR15 strictly due to the rifle's looks and ignore mass shootings that don't involve an "assault weapon". Since it's all about feelings and not facts, it stands to reason that the media would be all over a story about a gun called "Mega Baby Killer 666" but perhaps less enthusiastic about a "Live Laugh Love Pistol, Model 2019".

OP the left is controlling the dialog via the media and the leftists so they have the upper hand for now. There is no reasoning at all. They intentionally twist the truth to the unknowing public. To the general public we kill babies and old people with 30 round full auto banana clip magazines and they believe it.
Exactly. Imo, our biggest problem are people(adults and children) that do not have any knowledge whatsoever about firarms, or an opinion for that matter. Everything they know or learn about firarms they get from the media(new and movies). They feed the unknowing public lies everyday and if a person knows nothing about firarms they will believe what ever is fed to them.
I just think that we aren't helping ourselves when we name things WMA, Street Sweeper, or Striker 12. Sorry if I can't name them all. Lyman even stupidity name a bullet they designed "The Devisator". The anti's took that and ran with it. They got the public thinking they could almost magically kill anyone who came into contact with it. It was just a cast bullet from one of their molds.
Thanks everyone, I value all of your opinions.

Last edited:
"I wish we would stop using the word "Assault Rifle". Its not accurate, and was designed by the anti's to fool the public."

not quite true....

While there is such a thing as an "Assault Rifle", AR-15's are not Assault Rifles. The application of the term to AR-15's is nothing more than anti-gun propaganda.

While there is such a thing as an "Assault Rifle", AR-15's are not Assault Rifles. The application of the term to AR-15's is nothing more than anti-gun propaganda.
yeah, i was thinking more of the sturmgewehr 44, named by hitler and i believe the literal translation is "assault rifle." so...many years before the anti's took the ball and ran with it.

Back
Top Bottom