WCVB - More than 1 in 10 MA residents licensed to carry a firearm

Gee, I wonder which way the discussion would turn if WCVB were to add the areas where gun violence has occurred on that map showing the towns in MA with the most LTCs?

Would not fit the narrative.

Roxbury and Murderpan.......bet lots of "legal" gun owners there....

For percentage of gun ownership I would use 18+, but here is your population data from the 2010 census:

Total Population: 6,547,629
20 and over: 4,926,486
Difference: 1,621,143

Almost 25% of the population is under 21.

The 1 in 10 the article mentions seems too high for just counting LTCs, Wikipedia puts the 2016 population estimate at 6,811,779 and says 79.2% were over 18 in 2014. Thats 5,394,928 eligible for FID/LTC. Comm2A's total number for licenses at the beginning of 2016 was 385,899 or 7.15% of the eligible population. That's 1 in 14 including FIDs (Based on the beginning of 2016)

Agreed. They are inflating the numbers by eliminating <21 most likely.

the FUDDs need to just die out already. They do more damage to gun rights then Anti's ever could. Its them telling the Anti's that gun owners want "common sense" gun reform. Its FUDD's that give the media "gun owner experts" If every single gun owner opposed these bills, that would be something the media couldnt possibly hide. But NOOOO. We have a handful of these back stabbing b**tards tell the media "im a gun owner and i support these common sense measures" that gives the media the ammo it needs to make the majority of gun owners look to be extremists and therefore non-credible when it comes to defending 2A. Good example is that *** clown who always writes for the Huff Post.

The number would appear much more impressive if they compared the number of LTC holders to the eligible adult population.

Of course that wouldn't help the liberal narrative or agenda. [thinking]

Exactly. Epecially if they used an adult population that was here LEGALLY.

- - - Updated - - -

the FUDDs need to just die out already. They do more damage to gun rights then Anti's ever could. Its them telling the Anti's that gun owners want "common sense" gun reform. Its FUDD's that give the media "gun owner experts" If every single gun owner opposed these bills, that would be something the media couldnt possibly hide. But NOOOO. We have a handful of these back stabbing b**tards tell the media "im a gun owner and i support these common sense measures" that gives the media the ammo it needs to make the majority of gun owners look to be extremists and therefore non-credible when it comes to defending 2A. Good example is that *** clown who always writes for the Huff Post.

Not so sure I believe the majority of these vocal online FUDDS are even legitimate, or real.

The number would appear much more impressive if they compared the number of LTC holders to the eligible adult population.

Of course that wouldn't help the liberal narrative or agenda. [thinking]

Estimated population (Wikipedia): 6,833,000
Voting age population (ProCon): 5,407,335
Disqualified from voting due to felonies (ProCon): 10,254
Add at LEAST 20,000 drug convictions (just the ones overturned due to the drug lab issue).

So their 10% figure really means more like 15%-20% of eligible people have an LTC, not just an FID.

Estimated population (Wikipedia): 6,833,000
Voting age population (ProCon): 5,407,335
Disqualified from voting due to felonies (ProCon): 10,254
Add at LEAST 20,000 drug convictions (just the ones overturned due to the drug lab issue).

So their 10% figure really means more like 15%-20% of eligible people have an LTC, not just an FID.
Don't forget to adjust for the illegal alien population. Lastly, adjust for the "unsuitable" population (i.e., people who either have been turned down for suitability or would have been turned down if they had tried).

They'd much rather MA be as safe for Criminals as CA where <0.3% (3 per 1000) had been granted permission. Or the city of LA, <6 per 100,000. But you can bet that at least 100,000 criminals are walking around LA with guns.

For what is "FUDD" an acronym?

the FUDDs need to just die out already.
What is a FUDD?

Did you mean this guy?
1499yxz.jpg

Hold the phone.... I thought that data was privileged and only released to law enforcement? I'd love to know just what was released to them. The last thing I need to deal with is some dickhead publishing my name and address like they did to the CCW holders in NY.
The FRB is very forthcoming in response to public records requests. Comm2A requests an dump of the licensing data every January (or there abouts), and we get a file listing all licenses, but with personal infomation (Name, Address except for town, etc.) redacted. This is sufficient for Comm2a to determine "restriction percentage by town". The information in the WCVB article could very easily be extracted from the same type of limited data dump.

WCVB states:

Ten communities with most Class A LTCs per capita:
  1. Peru – 29.75%
  2. Tolland – 27.84%
  3. Worthington – 26.99%
  4. Oakham – 26.87%
  5. Florida – 26.73%
  6. Tyringham – 26.61%
  7. Savoy – 25.87%
  8. Chesterfield – 25.86
  9. Middlefield – 25.72%
  10. Blandford – 25.47%

Wow, real hotbeds of criminal activity.

My firearms purchases have really plummeted due to last year's ban, Maura has saved me boat loads of money.
The truth is I'm not the one Maura should be worried about, the thugs are the ones still acquiring them, how is this possible.?

My purchases have been non existent since the Sandy Hook incident. After that I brought 10 round 1994 Post Ban magazines for all of my Sigs and S&W 3rd generation hand guns. I have never tested the 10 round magazines out but have them just incase.

Drunk drivers injure and kill lots of people nationwide.. but no one has had a serious discussion about banning alcohol.

The communist gun states of NY, NJ, MA and CT are unbelievable.

Imagine if a NY magazine ban passed here 7 rounds.

All my semi-autos would be illegal.

Back on topic I like how they use the most rural pro gun Western MA towns. I wouldn’t be surprised if open carry was happening in some of those towns.

Remember open carry is legal in MA.

*Edit It is not clearly defined as legal like in NH and the laws may have changed in MA*

How ever you could easily be found unsuitable by the police chief. I wouldn’t try it but I bet the Chief and his deputy in rural western mass would probably care less.

Compared to Boston where a whole SWAT team would show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom