• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WCVB Massachusetts Most Armed Towns

Central Mass has a huge cluster of towns near the top of that list, but it only includes towns with populations of over 4000.
If you look at towns with populations under 4000, some are closer to 50% such as Tyringham and Oakham, and their crime rates are near zero.

Which towns would be on top of most illegally armed (as a %)? Compared to these that have high legal licensure?

I searched, hope it's not a dupe.

They're running this again.
Why can't they do a comparison, maybe run the towns with the most violent crime and see if there's any overlap.

It'll never happen, Bill Fine might not like what they find out.
WCVB Massachusetts Most Armed Towns Here are the top 25 MOST violent towns in MA. The only three towns ( I think ) that were on rudiewhitebwoy's posted list were Barre, Rutland, and Ware. IN those towns combined guess how many murder and nonnegligent manslaughter there were? ZERO. 99% of the entire list rape, robbery, and assault. This makes way too much sense!

amazing the way queers, who are <10% of the population, can control messaging and demand their rights, and get plenty of respect, and here we are...getting the shit end of the stick every time.

Fewer than 2% of my town's 25,000 residents are licensed.
Half of those have class A. Police officers included.
Half of the class A licenses are restricted.

Last edited:
Maybe they should do Town with most Illegal aliens instead.

This! Those would be the towns armed the most but illegally, then again you have to check with Martha to see if its illegal to be an illegal and carry illegally.

Sent from the blind

amazing the way queers, who are <10% of the population, can control messaging and demand their rights, and get plenty of respect, and here we are...getting the shit end of the stick every time.

Not for nothing.......but homoseuals are demanding their rights.........as they have a right to do........but are still working toward equality as the right wing bible thumping conservatives will not concede that allowing for a homosexual couple to marry does NOT degrade the sanctity of a heterosexual couple's marriage. As I lean more and more toward the Libertarian way of thinking I am in realization that Americans have the right to "persuit of happiness" as long as it does not hurt someone else.......you cannot prove to me that homosexual marriage hurts others.

And yes I get your point......the left in this country caters a quite a bit more toward the gay equality platform due to the voting base that comes with it.

Oh and "queers"....really? Kind of similar to calling African Americans "Ni**ers" in my opinion but that's just me.

Not for nothing.......but homoseuals are demanding their rights.........as they have a right to do........but are still working toward equality as the right wing bible thumping conservatives will not concede that allowing for a homosexual couple to marry does NOT degrade the sanctity of a heterosexual couple's marriage. As I lean more and more toward the Libertarian way of thinking I am in realization that Americans have the right to "persuit of happiness" as long as it does not hurt someone else.......you cannot prove to me that homosexual marriage hurts others.

And yes I get your point......the left in this country caters a quite a bit more toward the gay equality platform due to the voting base that comes with it.

Oh and "queers"....really? Kind of similar to calling African Americans "Ni**ers" in my opinion but that's just me.
Sticks and stones, man. He could have used another term but words are only as strong as you let them be.

Having to read through the list as a slideshow was poorly done. But I'm not a graphic designer, what do I know?

Having to read through the list as a slideshow was poorly done. But I'm not a graphic designer, what do I know?

Of course it was - it's clickbait. They're looking for eyes on ads. They don't even care that the content is useless because you're going to look anyways, and they'll get the money for their pageviews.

I stopped about 15 slides into it after the ad popup came on every fifth slide. This is pure click bait and nothing more....

Bah. Besides being clickbait, of the Cape Cod towns at least, most of them have a population of WELL over their 4,000 claim. Don't know about the others, but this seems to me to be egregious false advertising, if nothing else.

Whereas marriage is a religious covenant, why should government have any say in it at all?
I’ll keep my church out of your government if you keep your government out of my church.
As to the rest of your post – spot on.

Whereas marriage is a religious covenant, why should government have any say in it at all?
I’ll keep my church out of your government if you keep your government out of my church.
As to the rest of your post – spot on.

Exactly.....I actually agree with you.....maybe it came out wrong....... Keep them seperate. The catholic church IMO has a right to not marry a gay couple in their church if that is their belief......BUT.......the catholic church has no right to demand that the government not recognize gay marriage as a legal entity outside the realm of the catholic church. See........libertarianism works both ways! :)

Problem with the liberal dem is they cater to the issues that the new wave of young metrosexual college age democrat feel are important in the name of "equal rights" but ignore the rights that these people feel are "wrong"!

Last edited:
The list is a redux that was published several years ago, in the exact same format. I don't remember if it was WCVB, or someone else. If it was someone else, they stole it with no attribution. It means absolutely nothing unless you list the most violent towns, and compare the lists to look for a correlation.

Obvious attempt to frighten the sheeple, with the side benefit of being a perfect click-bait, as most will try and find their town. BASTARDS!!!

Grew up in Rutland. Great little town where everyone knew everyone. My parents still live there and go back and visit, unfortunately with no gun. I didn't grow up around guns at all, and didn't realize you could actually buy and carry it until a few years ago.

Gah! Is there just a LIST we can view without having to click through seventy-seven pages of crap?

And this list only includes people who are licensed. Doesn't take into account that they may have an LTC, but only have one double-barrel shotgun for hunting, versus someone elsewhere who has an LTC and an 'arsenal' including multiple pistols & revolvers, rifles and tactical shotguns, or bona-fide collections.

Back
Top Bottom