• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wayward contruction Blank sets school admin and police on edge

My kids school, Email I just received:
Good Afternoon,
This is Dr. Mary Conway, Superintendent of Schools in Vernon.
I am calling to provide you with information about a situation today at Rockville High School. An object similar to a blank used in a track and field starter pistol was found near the football locker room and brought to the attention of the high school administration. The Vernon Police Department was notified and immediately responded to the high school. It was determined that this object was a blank used for construction purposes in a concrete nail gun. Administration from the high school, other school officials and I met with members of the Vernon Police Department and determined that the building was safe and clearance was given to continue the school day.
Please note that the response of our Vernon Police Department was outstanding and, while we are very grateful that we did not have a true emergency on our hands, we feel confident in the actions and collaborative work of our local police department. We are in good hands.
If you have questions about this incident, please contact my office. I thank you for your attention and have a good day."

****, if a kid brings a piece of brass and drops it, I'm sure the school would be cleared, moonbats without a ****en clue,

- - - Updated - - -

Update, no dogs or students shot.

i can't believe they even allowed a ramset gun to be on school grounds. You should write them a seething letter for putting your kid's safety on the bottom of the list under construction

When we have Scouts at the range, or have a Basic Pistol class, "You can't take any brass as souveniers, and check the soles of your shoes, too." is part of the info we give.

My kids know to thoroughly check their pockets, etc. on the way out the door.

We can't be too careful - if people were to learn that an expended cartridge is not a threat, much of the Fear of Guns may be accidentally dispelled.

Broadcast spreader up and down the halls, .22 rimfire empties... chaos ensues... [rofl]

Maybe if that is done, day after day, lockdown after lockdown, they will finally catch on that no one is getting hurt by these empty casings. Common sense may kick in and ha ha ha ha. I can't even finish the thought. Who am I kidding.

They'll probably raid Home Depot next. I heard that you can buy those there without a license. It's called the 'home handyman's loophole'.

I don't know about you, but I own both firearms, and a few concrete nail guns.

In my experience, the concrete nail guns are far more dangerous.

It could have been a, 'eh no big deal' like most people would say, to calling the police...
What a waste, I'm guessing this happened in mass? How do people freak out so easily?

Throw some 30-06 or bigger on the floor,They will think its a full out military assault from Russia or something.

I was thinking the same thing, someone throws a handful of casing on the front lawn, school cancelled for a week!
What if casings were dropped in multiple schools and we filed lawsuits cause the schools aren't safe think they'ed get rid of the gun free zones to avert lawsuits??

I used to use a Ramset as part of my job, always wanted to put a real .22 in it to see if it'd fire. The blanks fire in my MK I....

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent from Tapatalk

I used to use a Ramset as part of my job, always wanted to put a real .22 in it to see if it'd fire. The blanks fire in my MK I....

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent from Tapatalk

A definite "hold my beer and watch this" moment

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

How do people freak out so easily?

They've been indoctrinated to freak out at the mere thought of a gun. I've seen it with a couple of the newbies that I've taken to the range. One was downright terrified of guns, until he first shot the 10/22. After he took his first shot, it wasn't long until that value-pack of .22s was all gone. In public schools, we were taught from a young age that guns were bad, scary, evil, whatever the buzzword of the day was. Some of us knew better from our own experience, but for someone who never fired, or even saw a real gun, it was a fact.

My older son (Now in high school) was told, "If you shot a 12 ga., it would dislocate your shoulder!

He explained, "No," and proceeded to "school" the other kid on reality.

And, he's not even the competitive Trap shooter and credentialed Apprentice Instructor! [laugh]

But what Pete says is right. The only info that people are getting (not just kids!) is that guns are inherently dangerous, likely to spontaneously wipe out a family, and are to be equated with yellow-fever-carrying mosquitos (that's not my analogy, btw).

Back
Top Bottom