• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wayne Newton tells Las Vegas jury he fired shot as burglars fled

Reptile

NES Member
Longtime Las Vegas entertainer Wayne Newton told a Nevada jury on Tuesday that he fired a gunshot to scare away two burglars that he and his wife and their teenage daughter encountered during a second burglary in 10 days at their home a year ago.

"My wife was in hysterics and crying," Newton said, adding that Kathleen McCrone Newton told him one of the fleeing men raised a tire iron as if to hit her before he used the metal rod to attack one of the family's large Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs.

"She said, 'Shoot 'em. Shoot 'em. There they are. He almost hit me with the pipe iron,'" the 77-year-old "Danke Schoen" singer said. "I decided to take one shot in the air. That was the last time I saw them."

Wayne Newton tells Las Vegas jury he fired shot as burglars fled

If this happened in Massachusetts, Wayne would be sitting in the pokey.

I think that in certain situations, a warning shot can be effective in stopping a threat.

I can't see any Vegas jury convicting that guy on anything.

I didn't read the story. I'm assuming he's a witness, if they were prosecuting him it would have been all over the news because guns.

Tom Jones would probably slide thru as well. Did he die?

Celine Dion- lock her Canadian ass up!

Last edited:
Elvis Presley was in the habit of shooting out hotel televisions if Wayne Newton appeared on the screen. LOL

Actually, Elvis was okay with Newton.

Who he hated. I mean, freaking hated, was Robert Goulet. Said the guy had no “soul” and put a few rounds in the TV when he appeared.

I guarantee EP would have put one through a home invader’s head.

Who he hated. I mean, freaking hated, was Robert Goulet. Said the guy had no “soul” and put a few rounds in the TV when he appeared.

I think a lot of rivalries are fake. Ronnie Van Zant appeared to diss Neil Young in the Skynyrd classic "Sweet Home Alabama" for his anti southern remarks in Young's own classic "Southern Man", but the two men actually liked each other. As for warning shots, no way. Center of mass to stop threat. Call 911 to report home invasion and request ambulance. Pie hole shut after that until defense attorney is standing by your side.

license-to-kill.jpg

You are totally right. My bad LOL

He earns $25 million/year and has a net worth over $100 million.

The satisfaction of shooting a crook in the ass would be chump change for him!

Me thinks he'd see value in the ROI...

:)

A good warning shot hits them right in the ass! ( $1,000,000 wound)

Back
Top Bottom