• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waving Legal rights for gun club!

WSA does the same. We have coverage for Club Officers, BOD members and Activity Chairs.

I verified this before I took over as Chairman of IDPA. No way I was going to run that program without some kind of coverage. The stuff that i have seen over the years is enough to make you sh!t your pants multiple times.
Foolish not to get the coverage. From what I remember it wasn't that expensive.

Ya know how the parents of the kids killed at that school are suing Alex Jones and the gun manufacturer?

It's like that.

Somebody gets hurt or killed, they or their family go lawsuit crazy suing everybody and everything connected with the accident or crime.
The one that comes to mind is the death of the juvenile at a club while renting a FA Mini UZI. They are tough enough for an experienced shooter to manage in FA. Waiver or not I think they faced a gross negligence issue in a criminal and civil trial. In that case a waiver was meaningless.

In this case the club's organizer was found not guilty. Charges were dropped against the other two. I'm sure a civil case resulted afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom