WATCH: Sheila Jackson Lee: AR-15 Rifles Shoot ‘.50 Caliber’ Bullets

mikeyp

NES Member
Just when you think this woman can't say something dumber than the last thing she said...

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/video-rep-jackson-lee-describes-her-terrifying-experience-holding-an-ar-15--3IdsOc3vkatTMke-a11uA/

U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) gave reporters a laughable description of her experience holding an AR-15 rifle.

Washington, DC – U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) demonstrated a shocking level of ignorance when she recently described having held an AR-15 (video below).

"I don't know what else it takes but I don't believe we can stop at the door of the United States House,” Jackson Lee told reporters in the Capitol building.

“I believe there will have to be an emergence of members of the House flooding the United States Senate for Senator McConnell to understand that these initiatives today, my gun storage bill, my bill that I've introduced dealing with the caliber weapon, I've held an AR-15 in my hand, I wish I had it,” she continued, holding her hands out as if she had the gun right there.

“It is as heavy as 10 boxes that you might be moving and the bullet that is utilized, a .50-caliber, these kinds of bullets need to be licensed and do not need to be on the street,” Jackson Lee claimed.

AR-15 rifles use much smaller ammunition that .50 caliber rounds, and most rifles weigh about 6.5 pounds, or 7.5 pounds when loaded with a 30-round magazine.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fmaven-user-photos%2Fbluelivesmatter%2Finternal%2F38OeeK-u10KwXqS4-B3liw%2FYOLmrOxwvk-ss3W-neC4Yg

While the actual total weight of 10 moving boxes is arbitrary based on their contents, one can safely assume they weigh more than 10 pounds.

Jackson Lee’s assertion that AR-15s shoot a .50 caliber round was also grossly inaccurate.

View: https://twitter.com/BreacherAlec1/status/1175504399269015552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdefensemaven.io%2Fbluelivesmatter%2Fnews%2Fvideo-rep-jackson-lee-describes-her-terrifying-experience-holding-an-ar-15--3IdsOc3vkatTMke-a11uA%2F

The ill-informed congresswoman was stumping for three bills she co-sponsored “designed to stem the tide of gun violence” when she made her outrageous claims.

The proposed measures create gun storage laws, a new background-check process, and limits as to where ammunition can be bought and sold, according to Jackson Lee’s website.

Gun enthusiasts have called all three measures violations of their Second Amendment rights and far too overreaching to even be considered.

The legislation, passed by the House, has hit a standstill in the U.S. Senate, where Republican Majority Leader U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky) has showed no interest to taking the measures further.

Democratic lawmakers behind the so-called gun control legislation have repeatedly demonstrated their ignorance on the subject while calling for sweeping reforms that only affect people who actually own and use firearms.

View: https://twitter.com/1HoustonAtheist/status/1175723181849698304

U.S. Representative Carolyn McCarthy recently had to admit to Tucker Carlson on FOX News that she had no idea what the “barrel shroud” featured in her “assault weapons” bill was, according to AmmoLand.

New York Democrat Assemblywoman Patricia Eddington’s ignorance about .50-caliber rounds was also astounding.

“But some of these bullets as you saw have an incendiary device on the tip of it, which is a heat-seeking device, so you don’t shoot deer with a bullet that size. If you do, you could cook it at the same time,” Eddington said.

Watch Jackson Lee talk about her experience with an AR-15 below:

I wonder what Grandma Sheila would do if there were a few bad guys trying to break into her home and the only thing between her grandkids and the bad guys was a loaded AR15...?

She only hates them, because she hasn't needed them...

Last edited:
upload_2019-9-23_18-31-40.png

10 x average weight of a medium moving box (30 pounds) = 300 pounds

I imagine she was holding one of these in her outstretched hands

parrott-1.png

300 pound 50 CaliBer AR-15 with a little more than a 16 inch barrel

On the topic of what a "moving box" weighs, it depends on whether you have friends like mine or not.

"Friends help you move. Real friends help you move books."

Well if an AR-15 really weighs 300 lbs, what's she worried about? Imagine trying to carry that to a gun-free zone, along with all that giant .50 caliber ammo, and going on a shooting spree with that.

Well if an AR-15 really weighs 300 lbs, what's she worried about? Imagine trying to carry that to a gun-free zone, along with all that giant .50 caliber ammo, and going on a shooting spree with that.

Lol. AR15 now a crew-served weapon...

It gets more and more frustrating to try to counter their abject (and proud) stupidity.

Oh my! If a US rep said that it MUST be true! She's a government official! She knows what she's talking about!
Sadly these are "legislators" who get to make and pass laws on topics on which they know less than nothing.
So much of the gun legislation that gets proposed and often passed here in Massachusetts is voted on by people who have never held or fired a gun. They vote based on emotion and "fake news" from various lobbying groups or simply their own ignorance.

Elected officials should have been bound by the constitution for false speech. This single instance should be grounds to impeach her, result in removal and result in a lifetime ban for all public offices.

The idea reps can blatantly lie to citizens and propose legislation based on those lies is fraud plain and simple.

A guy at my range was shooting a .50 Beowulf AR recently, they exist. They're also really obnoxious to be near when someone is shooting them! I wouldn't want to be at an indoor range near one.[mg]

Saddest part is all the ignorant people will take her word as gospel! And the snowball continues to roll...

Back
Top Bottom