Watch Pocket Knife

Viper22

NES Member
I'm in the market for a small pocketknife, something to keep in the watch pocket of my jeans. Looking for no more than 3" OAL. I've been scouring BladeHQ for hours, and not really finding anything that interests me. Recommendations?

Case XX Tiny Toothpick fits in my denim watch pocket like a dream. American Made, sharp and well built. As many finishes as you can dream up. I love mine...

3" closed, 2.25" Clip Point Surgical Steel Blade

CaseXX Tiny Toothpick

iu

iu

Last edited:
Any feedback on the quality from Bear & Son? Some of their lockbacks appear nice, but are more than I was looking to spend.

DEC209BB-553D-49BA-BA90-A82474968261.png

Swiss Army Classic SD.
2.3" long with scissors, nail file and tweezers.
The strength of the blades and hinge is friggin amazing. The flat end of the nail file fits many Phillips screws. You wouldn't believe the force I've put on it turning screws and prying things and it's never bent and the hinge is still tight. I rip open large cardboard boxes with the blade and though the scissors are really small, they work better than not having scissors handy.

Also looking at these...Case Peanut and Buck 55

View attachment 261263 View attachment 261264

I have a Case Peanut in brown and i like it a lot, but find both blades less-useful than the clip-point slimline trapper.

As to the Buck 55, how can you go wrong? It is an American-made Baby Buck 110. the girthier handle and locking back are time-tried... and passed.
This knife however, does not fit your criteria of being 3" max closed. It is 3 3/8" closed and because of the thicker handle, may be a tough fit in your jean's watch pocket...

0055BRS-B_2.jpg

The little Buck knives work but they're not particularly anything special. Just a working small knife. If that works for you, get one.

If you want something a little snazzier, then maybe a Mcusta Kamon?

I carry tons of pocketknives in my watch pocket. Canoes, stockmen, congress, toothpick, Barlow and trappers (some pockets, others are too small for the trapper).

I like rough riders, they are great bargain knives to knock about.

Look at the Kershaw Chive, or Scallion. I have carried the Scallion 1620ST for about 20 years it fits in the pocket well. And closed is 3.5"

Kershaw Chive Plain Edge Knife

Kershaw Scallion Serrated Edge Knife

I've got a Chive kicking around in my knife drawer....picked it up somewhere around 2005, at least it has a born on date of May 05. Not a huge fan. Doesn't open reliably, and the plastic tab that is a "safety" has broken before and the knife opened up in my pocket. Not cool.

I've mentioned in other threads that I make Kershaw steel rust. Something with the oils in my skin.

5DFDB6D2-1D03-4834-BA8F-518A1DED5BF4.png D370416E-A647-41A1-84E4-B07F5245D446.png 565CC5DC-2376-4CC2-BD75-7B4F0994F544.png
Swiss Army Classic SD.
2.3" long with scissors, nail file and tweezers.
The strength of the blades and hinge is friggin amazing. The flat end of the nail file fits many Phillips screws. You wouldn't believe the force I've put on it turning screws and prying things and it's never bent and the hinge is still tight. I rip open large cardboard boxes with the blade and though the scissors are really small, they work better than not having scissors handy.

I keep a Classic SD in my desk at work. Definitely comes in handy.

Looking at the options Victorinox has - the Recruit may fit the bill. I was going between the classic red, or the black and ended up ordering the red one from BHQ to try out, along with a small Arkansas stone, a Fisher Bullet Space Pen, fine point refill, and a 3pk of Rite in the Rain pocket notebooks.

The black Cadet Alox is a nice looking knife also. That has potential to acquire some nice wear over time.

Last edited:
Ooh... Save that pix for a future avatar...

@Viper22 , how about an update? Still carrying the Vic or did you move to something else?

Its in & out of the rotation. Lately its been either an OKC RAT2 or a Boker slip joint.

1604625132003.png(Image stolen from countycomm)

Last edited:
A small CRKT rides in my jeans watch pocket some days. Also, a Spyderco Delica without clip will fit in my Carhartts watch pocket.

Any of the kershaw/emerson collaborations (because I can’t afford a real emerson)

Benchmade griptillian with the spider hole is my current go to.

zero tolerance anything is A1.

Back
Top Bottom