• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wasr 10 missing chuck of metal

The area in red is where you want to inspect for any stress cracks.

Free advice is worth what you pay for it. Here's my free advice.

File or grind that area as smooth as you can get it, into a smooth curve. You want to eliminate stress risers where the metal is missing. Stress risers are v-shaped indents or sharp angles that make it easy for cracks to initiate at the point of the v.

After that I'd just forget about it. Do a nice enough job of blending the curves and it will look factory. ish.

When I saw this thread contacted Century because I saw the same thing on my WASR. They informed me that it is normal to see this on a WASR. The mark on mine is a much cleaner edge than yours is though. I wonder if yours is just jagged because the of poor manufacturing.

When I saw this thread contacted Century because I saw the same thing on my WASR. They informed me that it is normal to see this on a WASR. The mark on mine is a much cleaner edge than yours is though. I wonder if yours is just jagged because the of poor manufacturing.
They emailed me back and said the Trunnion should be replaced. 15CD9628-4222-46BA-B529-9E4F407B79ED.jpeg

Looks like a century firearms build. Nothing wrong with it if it functions. When it doesn't it probably wont be from that. Century isn't known for there quality control

On a gun most people would just shoot the tar out of.....
I got a mix of don’t shoot it, send it back, return it to seller, it’s fine, that’s how they are, just shoot it. Safe to say people like to comment when they really don’t know what they are talking about. For the record though I plan to smooth out the sharp edges and run it. For all of you that had helpful responses, thank you! Unfortunately NES has turned into a typical forum with its fair share of A**h****. It wasn’t always like that.

I got a mix of don’t shoot it, send it back, return it to seller, it’s fine, that’s how they are, just shoot it. Safe to say people like to comment when they really don’t know what they are talking about. For the record though I plan to smooth out the sharp edges and run it. For all of you that had helpful responses, thank you! Unfortunately NES has turned into a typical forum with its fair share of A**h****. It wasn’t always like that.
So basically you took the advice you wanted to hear.

Decide what you want to do and stop whining....sort the wheat from the chaff and move on....

Attachments

• th1B7QDGZ9.jpg
    th1B7QDGZ9.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1
What was not like that? The reason I ended up here was because of the a**h***s and thick skinned nature of NeS
Which has definately changed.

Anyhow - that will teach you to clean a AK again. i kid

Back
Top Bottom