• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wasp/Hornet spray provided in Worcester schools

With more funding available, Central Mass. schools investing in security

"instead of staplers, pens and folders, the district’s new “Go Buckets” will be filled with door jams, zip ties, flashlights, wasp spray and other things that could come in handy during a school shooting."

"While the cost of the supplies is built into the per-bucket cost, he added, school officials got to pick out the specific items they wanted included in them, like hornet spray – an alternative to mace, which is not allowed on school grounds, that can be used to potentially incapacitate a violent intruder up to 12 feet away."

WTF.....? Where's the duct tape and WD40? Time to arm the teachers and not have the big Plan A be kids with bug spray !

I’m drawing a blank, zip ties are for?

You can zip tie 2 door handles together if you had dual doors. They can also be used on the hydraulic door closer, putting them around where it scissors, it prevents the door from opening. An alternative to the tie wraps is you could use your belt to accomplish the same thing.

They may want to look into this, but I’m pretty sure because Ma. You have to be a licensed to use any type of insect control in a school in Ma. Which also needs to be filed with an ipm plan with the state and a written notification sent to all parents and legal guardians that needs to arrive 10 days prior to it being applied.
Not positive, but I think that’s a no no here in crapachusetts.

Wow, some good and great answers here. Here I was, thinking "Hey, it's a step in the right direction.".

You guys, especially Osofast, should get onto the Telegram website, and post those comments.

Carb or brake cleaner with and without a lighter is far more effective than bee spray. All you need to do is maybe retrofit a bee spray nozzle on it

Hmmm, just looked on the can in the garage. "It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling" So, OK to break the law, so long as it's for the children.

I was going to mention that. The state will be paying out the ass from the lawsuit the alleged shooter files for damage to his eyes and lungs.

I'm a fan of guns being in schools to protect kids, but with that being said, you can stop a lot of killing by learning how to effectively barricade and teaching teachers how to do it. I just finished the Alice program as an instructor, and I was really impressed with their philosophy other than their lack of guns

Instead of zip ties, why don't they just outfit the doors to lock properly? Who is going to use zip ties when a shooter is coming down the hall?

With more funding available, Central Mass. schools investing in security

"instead of staplers, pens and folders, the district’s new “Go Buckets” will be filled with door jams, zip ties, flashlights, wasp spray and other things that could come in handy during a school shooting."

"While the cost of the supplies is built into the per-bucket cost, he added, school officials got to pick out the specific items they wanted included in them, like hornet spray – an alternative to mace, which is not allowed on school grounds, that can be used to potentially incapacitate a violent intruder up to 12 feet away."

Well, now the shooters will just stand 15 feet away and they'll be safe from "wasp spray".....…Gee, that was easy!!

Instead of zip ties, why don't they just outfit the doors to lock properly? Who is going to use zip ties when a shooter is coming down the hall?

I suggested this years ago.

A heavy duty sliding dead bolt on the inside of every classroom door would be more useful and functional.

Carb or brake cleaner with and without a lighter is far more effective than bee spray. All you need to do is maybe retrofit a bee spray nozzle on it

Heat + carb or brake cleaner is a bad idea because some will react to create phosgene. People that don't know better working in garages or machine shops soaking parts with the stuff and then applying heat (usually torches or welders) when there's still a wet spot in a crevice wind up killing or crippling themselves.

Read this horror story:
Safety Alert! Brake Cleaner = Phosgene Gas

I was going to mention that. The state will be paying out the ass from the lawsuit the alleged shooter files for damage to his eyes and lungs.

My favorite warning label:

NOTE TO PHYSICIAN:...
Product contains cholinesterase inhibitor.
If symptoms of cholinesterase inhibition are present,
atropine sulfate is antidotal.

Back
Top Bottom