• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wason Pond, Chester, NH - Guns Allowed (We Win!)

Congratulations.

Ma. Needs some of that duct tape.

:)

There are actually several "rules" signs in the park and beach areas. All of them had duct tape "hiding" the 'No Firearms' line. At first I thought it might have been vandalized but I don't think that's the case since all of the signs were "modified".

Also, I first noticed the correction made to the posted rules about 2 weeks ago or so but didn't have a chance to stop and snap a pic.

Finally, I didn't receive any correspondence back from the Board of Selectmen, which would have been appreciative, but no worries.

The Wason Pond Pounder site still mentions a prohibition on "weapons". Not sure if you have to leave shod feet and hands at home prior to participating in the event. Or box cutters. Or sharp sticks.

http://www.wasonpondpounder.com/rules-guidelines/

Absolutely no weapons will be allowed on the premises.

It's a charity event so I'm not clear if this is the rules of the event or if they're just regurgitating their interpretation of the "No Firearms" rule that was recently redacted. Who knows.

FYI, We were at Was on pond yesterday, and the tape covering the firearm prohibition are gone. According to the signage, firearms are prohibited again.

FYI, We were at Was on pond yesterday, and the tape covering the firearm prohibition are gone. According to the signage, firearms are prohibited again.

Yes drboom, I noticed that too. However, some of the signs, and I think there about 8 total, still have the duct tape applied. But most have had their tape removed.

My guess is that the duct tape was removed by kids or a gun prohibitionist.

I might contact the town again, or show up to a town meeting to discuss further. My hope is that the signs would actually be replaced with new ones with RSA-compliant rules.

I live near Wason Pond too. Never received official correspondence from the Town of Chester, but the signage is null and void. I have always carried there, concealed, without issue.

Some of the signs have the duct tape applied and others have had it removed.

My brother just moved here, is this policy pro gun yet ?

My guess is that the town just used the duct tape and some hooligans ended up removing it. I did notice that not all signs had their duct tape removed which sort of fits my theory.

At any rate, I noticed that the existing signs were modified again, this time with the actual lettering removed.

So we win. Again.

U4hE0E.jpg

Sure. I always did/do. But the point was that the town was wantonly violating the RSA. And they got called on it.

What drove me bonkers was that visiting folks, who have non-res P&Rs were getting the heebie-jeebies about carrying there because of the illegal sign. Or telling me that I should lock mine up since there was "a sign" that says so. I then had to recite RSA 159:29, etc., etc. boring, blah-blah-blah.

I never got a response back from the town unfortunately but a "win is a win". Time to find the next injustice!

Back
Top Bottom