• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Washington man accused of shooting thief, dragging him behind truck while still alive: report

Reptile

NES Member

Campbell was charged with second-degree murder​

A Washington state man is accused of firing two rounds into a person attempting to steal his truck’s catalytic converter and then dragging the victim, who was still alive, and leaving him in a nearby field to die.

King 5, citing court documents, reported that the incident occurred at about 3:45 a.m. Saturday. Michael Scott Campbell, 54, told Lakewood police that he was sleeping and roused by someone trying to steal the car part.

Campbell, who has been charged with second-degree murder and kidnapping, allegedly told police that he noticed two legs sticking out from under the truck and fired two shots "straight down."

The would-be thief attempted to get back to his own car but could not make it and collapsed. Campbell allegedly told police that the individual was still talking when he tied his hands to the ball hitch of the F-150.

The report said the shooting occurred in a parking lot of a business. One witness told police that he saw the truck dragging some kind of object. Officers said the victim was dragged about 400 feet.

The would-be thief was still alive when dropped off in the field, charging documents said, according to Q13Fox.com.

That was the last catalytic converter the thief ever tried to steal.

Is petty crime so rampant there that vehicle owners have to sleep in vehicles and thieves still try to steal paets off occupied vehicles anyway? Weird. I'll stick to NH thanks... If I forget to lock a vehicle, nothing at all happens.

poor thief, but great to know the law and government is vigilant as ever and on the patrol to make sure all criminals are safe.

Well, maybe he'll luck out and get a trial by jury.

Honestly, I can't be the only one here who's wanted to drag some oxygen thief tied to a ball hitch down the road
Oh, heck no. We all have.

But you gotta be smart about it...

Yeah, but to be fair to Reptile... it's not really a "thread dupe." Just a "post dupe," which is a lot harder to search for.

The point is, there's already an entire thread on the subject of stolen cats, which a simple search for "catalytic converter" would have quickly turned up. It's not a necro-thread either, the subject has been recently discussed.
By your logic, should another new thread be created the next time a story of stolen cats pops up ???

The point is, there's already an entire thread on the subject of stolen cats, which a simple search for "catalytic converter" would have quickly turned up. It's not a necro-thread either, the subject has been recently discussed.
By your logic, should another new thread be created the next time a story of stolen cats pops up ???
I may be remembering wrong but in the early days of NES wasn't there issues of limited storage so we had to be more careful of dupes? I vaguely remember being told this after i posted something. Us old members may be more aware of dupes if that was the case.

I may be remembering wrong but in the early days of NES wasn't there issues of limited storage so we had to be more careful of dupes? I vaguely remember being told this after i posted something. Us old members may be more aware of dupes if that was the case.

Thread clutter is a big problem in here.
The search function really works quite well, but only if you actually use it.

Just for the hell of it, I searched for "catalytic converter" and got over 300 hits.
If it's obvious that the subject is already being covered so extensively, why start another new thread when a relevant story can easily be added to an existing thread ???

A Washington state man is accused of firing two rounds into a person attempting to steal his truck’s catalytic converter and then dragging the victim, who was still alive, and leaving him in a nearby field to die.
Tragic catalytic reaction.

If it's obvious that the subject is already being covered so extensively, why start another new thread when a relevant story can easily be added to an existing thread ???
Ragging on @AHM for resurrecting necroposts.
Ragging on @Reptile for not pooling threads.
[thumbsup]

I guess I look at this less as a "catalytic converter" thread and more as a "some dude shot some other dude and dragged him into a field" thread.

Back
Top Bottom