Was asked to talk at 2 Ivy League schools this week. What could go wrong?

As a representative of the Pink Pistols, I was asked to present at Yale Law School on Tuesday, and Harvard Law School yesterday. My talk focused mainly on self-defense. Not only was I well received at both, but the questions were intelligent and respectful. And I had several attendees following up afterward with support.

Good to see the Pistols are active again in the area, it's been a long time. Spent a few hours on the range with Crick and Rothcheck back in the day. Thanks for getting out there and spreading the word.

Last edited:
OP, what was the person's answer to that question (why take guns away when the govt is killing people...)?

OP, what was the person's answer to that question (why take guns away when the govt is killing people...)?
TL;DR - she dodged and said "the police support this"

Of course, my half of the same question was "what do you think of self-defense against the government and its actors?" to which I could only say "the Pink Pistols' stance is for legal self-defense with firearms." Like I said, that student was a badass with this question.

TL;DR - she dodged and said "the police support this"

Of course, my half of the same question was "what do you think of self-defense against the government and its actors?" to which I could only say "the Pink Pistols' stance is for legal self-defense with firearms." Like I said, that student was a badass with this question.

Apparently she doesn't realize that the police are the govt. Yeah, let's do what they want. They have all the best guns they want so let's take more away from the people she feels are being killed.

Apparently she doesn't realize that the police are the govt. Yeah, let's do what they want. They have all the best guns they want so let's take more away from the people she feels are being killed.
I think the asker caught on to this, I know I did

Well done! You're clearly helping the cause informing young legal minds that we are not the problem in society.

:)

wow, talk about walking straight into the lion's den. You are doing good work!

good job. i hope you're recommending nes to all new shooters. good place to learn, i know i've gained a s**t ton of knowledge here.

As a representative of the Pink Pistols, I was asked to present at Yale Law School on Tuesday, and Harvard Law School yesterday. My talk focused mainly on self-defense. Not only was I well received at both, but the questions were intelligent and respectful. And I had several attendees following up afterward with support.

Yesterday's had me opposite a speaker from Gays Against Guns for a "friendly panel discussion." Her points were basically what you'd expect; credit where it's due, their videos are pretty slick (you know, if you're into appeals to emotion [troll]). Generally, speaking, I think the most brutal question was directed towards her - [paraphrasing] "we have a problem in this country with the government killing its people; why do you want to effectively give them more guns?" I just about lost it, laughing. Best of all, the petitioner didn't look like the person you'd expect it from.

Unfortunately, there were no videos, but I will be editing my speech to post on the web at some point.

So yeah, that's what I did this week to help the cause. Today, I'm bragging and sharing that we're not alone out there because I'm a snowflake that needs to feel important.

Now, go take a newbie to the range.

27751394.jpg

Strong work dude. :)

I'll chip in for gas and toll money if you bring your discussion to Cornell, Ithaca make Cambridge look conservative.
If you have a contact that would want me at their event, I'm happy to go anywhere.

These two events sort of fell in my lap simply because folks at the above schools were already doing things that they felt we could add a unique voice to. That said, there were about 30-40 people in each room who listened to what I had to say, and interacted like grownups. I call that a win.

Back
Top Bottom