• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Was asked to talk at 2 Ivy League schools this week. What could go wrong?

Mesatchornug

NES Member
As a representative of the Pink Pistols, I was asked to present at Yale Law School on Tuesday, and Harvard Law School yesterday. My talk focused mainly on self-defense. Not only was I well received at both, but the questions were intelligent and respectful. And I had several attendees following up afterward with support.

Yesterday's had me opposite a speaker from Gays Against Guns for a "friendly panel discussion." Her points were basically what you'd expect; credit where it's due, their videos are pretty slick (you know, if you're into appeals to emotion [troll]). Generally, speaking, I think the most brutal question was directed towards her - [paraphrasing] "we have a problem in this country with the government killing its people; why do you want to effectively give them more guns?" I just about lost it, laughing. Best of all, the petitioner didn't look like the person you'd expect it from.

Unfortunately, there were no videos, but I will be editing my speech to post on the web at some point.

So yeah, that's what I did this week to help the cause. Today, I'm bragging and sharing that we're not alone out there because I'm a snowflake that needs to feel important.

Now, go take a newbie to the range.

27751394.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive.

I bet that being well-received had a lot to do with you, and I commend you for that. I can tell from your post that you are articulate. I'm looking forward to reading the transcript! You'll post it here?

Impressive.

I bet that being well-received had a lot to do with you, and I commend you for that. I can tell from your post that you are articulate. I'm looking forward to reading the transcript! You'll post it here?

Thanks. And yes, when I put it up, there will be a link here. I just want to neaten it up a bit for flow and readability.

Thanks for your efforts to uphold our rights! I know it must take a lot of time and effort.

Fantastic, and thank you!

Recently did take a newb to the range. My BIL from New Orleans had concerns about self defense to/from work and wanted some instruction. He now has a G19 and has joined the fold.

i agree with the others, impressive indeed. and articulate. can't wait to see the transcript. congratulations.

ps, man, i hope you're working the goal booth at the topsfield fair, i think you'd make a pretty good addition to the volunteer staff.

It's great to hear about someone going into what could be accurately termed as the belly of the beast and doing a good job at defending our positions.

They argue you don't need guns because we have police, they also argue the police are racists and murders lol. Which one is it. Do we need guns to protect ourselves and not involve police or not lol.

Back
Top Bottom