• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Warrior Talk Symposium III

JimConway

Instructor
Mike Nastek, Doug Robinson and I went to the Warrior talk Symposium III this past weekend in Memphis, TN The symposium was a major information and technique event. It consisted of 10 major trainers in the martial arts and only 100 students. In groups of 20 we spent 2 hours with each of the trainers. We shot with Gabe Suarez and Tom Givens. We covered knife fighting with Southnarc and Tom Sotis, and stick fighting with Marc Denny. I was very impresses with Bill April's presentation of gun take away techniques and Southnarc's precursors of a fight.

The very best part was that we got together with friends from all over the USA

Mike and I will be writing more on this event shortly

That's awesome, Jim!! This looks like an amazing event. Some of the best trainers in the world, and cheap, cheap money. I'm a definite for next year's.

Post highlights if you can.

Jim,

It was nice meeting you and working a little with you in SouthNarc's class and also in Mike Brown's Clinch class. If I recall correctly you NE Shooters were some of the first guys to volunteer for the 2 on 1 scenarios.

Take care,
Chris Fry

Wts Iii

Chris
It was a pleasure to meets you and all of the other guys. I notice that you are from NY and I would like to point out that Neshooters is bringing 6 major trainers to new England this year, including Tom Givens, Gunsite, Bill Jeans, Southnarc, Jeff Gonzales and Randy Cain. You can check the schedule and the details ay www.neshooters.com

Hi Jim,

I have already put your schedule in my calendar and hope to make it out your way sometime in 2007.

FYI - I will be hosting Progressive F.O.R.C.E. Concepts (www.pfctraining.com) here in NY (Skaneatles, NY) in May for 2-Man Team Tactics with a special module on 2nd party protection shooting (this is the 5th year I have had PFC to NY.). Also in July I will be hosting SouthNarc for the second year in a row. Hope some of you can make it out our way.

Also, I hold a monthly ECQC training workshop/clinic here in Utica NY if anyone is intereted. I have guys coming from NYC, PA, and OH to name a few. You can read a little bit about it here:
http://www.totalprotectioninteractive.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5940

Thanks,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom