• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WARRENS REPLY TO ME

LOL SHE CALLS HI-CAP MAGS, "RAMBO STYLE"!!!!

Dear Adam,

Thank you for contacting me about gun control legislation.

Like millions of people across the country, I was heartbroken by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School last December. I do not know how to explain the deaths of twenty innocent children or why six heroic teachers had to make the ultimate sacrifice for their students.

I also grew up in family that used guns. My older brothers hunted, and I learned to shoot when I was in grade school. I have great respect for the role that hunting and guns play in many communities across the country and believe there is a place for responsible gun ownership in our society. But I also don't think anyone needs military-grade assault weapons to hunt or Rambo-style high capacity magazines to protect their family from intruders.

That's why I support a comprehensive set of reforms to reduce gun violence. I strongly support reauthorizing the expired ban on federal assault weapons and high capacity magazines. I also support closing the loopholes in federal background checks for gun shows and private sales. The President has put forward a slate of proposals to help address gun violence and gun safety, and I support those efforts as well.

There is no one way to stop gun violence, and there is certainly room for disagreement on the steps that we should take. But I hope that we can agree that we have a responsibility to ourselves and to our children to take the steps we can to stop the violence. I believe that a reauthorized assault weapons ban and the President's proposals represent a responsible path forward. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to look for other steps we can take to protect our children and families from these terrible tragedies. I believe that is my responsibility as a United States Senator -- and as a mother and grandmother.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

Lib form letter:

Thank you for writing blah blah

Grew up around guns blah blah

Respect for tradition of hunting and sportsmanship blah blah

BUT

Military grade blah blah

Massive Capacity clips blah blah

Common sense blah blah

Bend over gun owners blah blah

I got the same "reply".

It's a spambot. Next thing you know you'll have a dead great-mother-uncle-cousin who knew a goat who is worth USD 850,000,000$ in Uganda and will help you solve all your woes.

Well, only slightly less than six more years... ugh.

LOL SHE CALLS HI-CAP MAGS, "RAMBO STYLE"!!!!

Dear Adam,

Thank you for contacting me about gun control legislation.

Like millions of people across the country, I was heartbroken by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School last December. I do not know how to explain the deaths of twenty innocent children or why six heroic teachers had to make the ultimate sacrifice for their students.

I also grew up in family that used guns. My older brothers hunted, and I learned to shoot when I was in grade school. I have great respect for the role that hunting and guns play in many communities across the country and believe there is a place for responsible gun ownership in our society. But I also don't think anyone needs military-grade assault weapons to hunt or Rambo-style high capacity magazines to protect their family from intruders.

That's why I support a comprehensive set of reforms to reduce gun violence. I strongly support reauthorizing the expired ban on federal assault weapons and high capacity magazines. I also support closing the loopholes in federal background checks for gun shows and private sales. The President has put forward a slate of proposals to help address gun violence and gun safety, and I support those efforts as well.

There is no one way to stop gun violence, and there is certainly room for disagreement on the steps that we should take. But I hope that we can agree that we have a responsibility to ourselves and to our children to take the steps we can to stop the violence. I believe that a reauthorized assault weapons ban and the President's proposals represent a responsible path forward. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to look for other steps we can take to protect our children and families from these terrible tragedies. I believe that is my responsibility as a United States Senator -- and as a mother and grandmother.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

I laughed at the part where she said she grew up with a family who owned guns. This is coming from a woman who said she was a Native American and lied about it. What happened to the good days when democrats could be conservative like JFK?

I got same reply and sent another message explaining the 2nd wasnt for hunting and basing her opinion of certain weapons on the fictitious character rambo was absurd and an insult to lawful gun owners.

Last edited:
I sent her a follow-up in which I pointed out not only the absurdity but the irony (if one is familiar with "First Blood") of the Rambo reference.

I also expressed my disappointment that, as she follows the likes of John Quincy Adams, Daniel Webster, Henry Cabot Lodge, John F. Kennedy and Ted Kennedy among many other distinguished statesmen, in the office of US Senator from Massachusetts, I was expecting something more logical and substantive.

Dear Elizabeth,

Although this is not the response I had hoped for it is certainly the type of canned response I expected. I am, however, surprised at your choice of language to describe a particular firearm component. "Rambo-style" high capacity magazines? Seriously? The use of the word "Rambo" to imply a derogatory description of such equipment is absurd. It also shows your lack of knowledge about firearms in general and, quite frankly, stops short of professional.

The constant vilification of law-abiding citizens who own firearms by the media and some politicians is just not right. I believe your use of the word Rambo in your correspondence serves only to further promote this incorrect stereotype. I suggest that in the future you read the correspondences your college interns are writing for you prior to sending them out to your constituents.

Thank you,

They are all using the form letters as a reply across the bored and they all start the same. I received the same letter from warren.

In many cases, they don't care about numbers for/against.

They care about taking your guns.

Period.

Soros can find them a job if they lose office, but once your weapons are gone, it's fists and headbutts for you.

Don't kid yourself that they give two shits about your letter writing campaign.

I won't kid myself but that doesn't mean we should all just give up and move to Texas either.

These Politicians have to get these calls and letters from their constituents, even if they ultimately disregard them. They cannot be allowed to think that the public supports them 100% or it will just encourage them to push even harder.

I won't kid myself but that doesn't mean we should all just give up and move to Texas either.

These Politicians have to get these calls and letters from their constituents, even if they ultimately disregard them. They cannot be allowed to think that the public supports them 100% or it will just encourage them to push even harder.
[thumbsup] ****ing eh !

She sucks - I still haven't met anyone who voted for her.

Sound like when Ted Kennedy kept getting elected, couldn't find anyone who voted for him either. Conclusion: either all Mass voters have zero memory, or all the dead are voting.

Back
Top Bottom