• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Warren and Healy

Feb, 2017, now President Trump invites fellow Republican, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker to Washington. Trump breaks protocol and meets Governor Baker as he arrives in Washington...[grin]

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice.

I see Trump as a 1 termer. He wants to get the ball rolling in the right direction. Would not be surprised if already negotiated that Pence 2020 is in the plans. Unlike MOST of the clowns that have been VP, I think Mike will be very active

Healy did not expect to have to stay in MA and deal with her scorched earth gun fiasco.
The bad news: we're stuck with her until the next election cycle.

The good news: every gun owner whose ever heard of her will be donating to all her competitors, both D and R.

It will take a few days for the D's and Secretary Clinton to figure out that the uncounted majority that put Trump in the White House came from gun owners sick of their BS.

Clinton:

do you believe that their conclusion that an individual’s right to bear arms is a constitutional right?

CLINTON: If it is a constitutional right, then it, like every other constitutional right, is subject to reasonable regulation. And what people have done with that decision is to take it as far as they possibly can and reject what has been our history from the very beginning of the republic, where some of the earliest laws that were passed were about firearms.

So I think it’s important to recognize that reasonable people can say, as I do, responsible gun owners have a right — I have no objection to that. But the rest of the American public has a right to require certain kinds of regularity, responsible actions to protect everyone else.

[From her 1993 support for a 25% tax on guns and ammo]

Q. How do you react to a 25 percent sales tax on hand guns and on automatic weapons?

CLINTON: I’m all for that. I just don’t know what else we’re going to do to try to figure out how to get some handle on this violence. We will look at your proposal and be happy to talk with you about it. I’m speaking personally, but I feel very strongly about that.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Do you still believe that?

CLINTON: What I was saying back then was that we have a lot of public health costs that taxpayers end up paying for through Medicaid, Medicare, through uncompensated care, because that was in the context of the push for health care reform and that we needed some way to try to defray those costs.

Last edited:
Trump doesn't need the BS of the presidency. On 1/20/17 after taking the oath, he will resign and say to Mike, "Mike, I did this to show it could be done. You are now the president of the US." [laugh]

Gee I wonder If Maura has started to unpack her bags yet or has she been too busy mopping up the tears

Maura Healey:

Stating that she intended work with President-elect Trump and Congress “whenever” she can, Healey added one caveat: she “will never stop fighting for what’s right.”

Then, borrowing from Clinton’s concession speech, Healey echoed the Democratic nominee’s call to “never stop believing that fighting for what’s right is worth it.”

Guess what Maura,

We will never stop fighting for our rights against petty tyrants!

Dear Massachusetts Residents:

One of the most important functions of the Attorney General’s Office is to promote openness and transparency in government. Every resident of Massachusetts should be able to access and understand the reasoning behind the government policy decisions that affect our lives. My office is working to achieve that goal through fair and consistent enforcement of the Open Meeting Law, along with robust educational outreach about the law’s requirements.

The Open Meeting Law requires that most meetings of public bodies be held in public, and it establishes rules that public bodies must follow in the creation and maintenance of records relating to those meetings. Our office is dedicated to providing educational materials, outreach and training sessions to ensure that members of public bodies and citizens understand their rights and responsibilities under the law.

Whether you are a town clerk or town manager, a member of a public body, or a concerned citizen, I want to thank you for taking the time to understand the Open Meeting Law. If you would like additional guidance on the law, I encourage you to contact my Division of Open Government at (617) 963-2540 or visit our website at www.mass.gov/ago/openmeeting for more information.

Sincerely,

Maura Healey
Massachusetts Attorney General

Section 38.

Whoever is admitted as an attorney shall in open court take and subscribe the oaths to support the constitution of the United States and of the commonwealth; and the following oath of office shall be administered to and subscribed by him:

I (repeat the name) solemnly swear that I will do no falsehood, nor consent to the doing of any in court; I will not wittingly or willingly promote or sue any false, groundless or unlawful suit, nor give aid or consent to the same; I will delay no man for lucre or malice; but I will conduct myself in the office of an attorney within the courts according to the best of my knowledge and discretion, and with all good fidelity as well to the courts as my clients. So help me God.

The fact that nobody's nailed her political nuts to a wall yet baffles me.

The fact that nobody's nailed her political nuts to a wall yet baffles me.

One of the most important functions of the Attorney General’s Office is to promote openness and transparency in government. Every resident of Massachusetts should be able to access and understand the reasoning behind the government policy decisions that affect our lives. My office is working to achieve that goal through fair and consistent enforcement of the Open Meeting Law, along with robust educational outreach about the law’s requirements.

The Open Meeting Law requires that most meetings of public bodies be held in public, and it establishes rules that public bodies must follow in the creation and maintenance of records relating to those meetings. Our office is dedicated to providing educational materials, outreach and training sessions to ensure that members of public bodies and citizens understand their rights and responsibilities under the law.

Well yes she said that, and then when asked for records pertaining to the AWB rewrite, she said
Specifically, Healey’s office claimed it could not share with Reinhart “materials that possess a deliberative or policy-making character and relate to an ongoing deliberative process” and “investigatory materials or techniques necessarily compiled out of the public view, the disclosure of which would so prejudice the possibility of effective law enforcement that such disclosure would not be in the public interest.”

even though the decision is not ongoing, it was already made and announced
A review of the state public records statute indicates the reason for withholding such information may not be as cut-and-dry as Healey’s office claims. The statute does list several exemptions, including “inter-agency or intra-agency memoranda or letters relating to policy positions being developed by the agency,” but notes that “this subclause shall not apply to reasonably completed factual studies or reports on which the development of such policy positions has been or may be based.”
The “deliberative process” exemption, according to the latest public records guide released by Secretary of State William Galvin’s office, moreover “provides a limited executive privilege for policy development.”

Reminds me of this scene in Fargo

She's a ****ing liar

Last edited by a moderator:
Healey, "...I will forcefully oppose any effort by him or Congress or anyone else to roll back the progress we’ve made under President Obama"

Holy hell, who the hell does she think she is? Forcefully oppose? Using what? "Assault" weapons? Her forked tongue?

Healey, "...I will forcefully oppose any effort by him or Congress or anyone else to roll back the progress we’ve made under President Obama"

Holy hell, who the hell does she think she is? Forcefully oppose? Using what? "Assault" weapons? Her forked tongue?

She certainly does have an insanely over inflated sense of her own worth.

When our new president takes office, is when we ask for help to drain our swamp. Collectively we will drain the swamp of all hypocritical leeches.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What a resurrection! Remember when people thought Trump would be a great advocate for the 2nd amendment?

Well, at least he was able to swing the Supreme Court to Conservatives. I consider that one of the best things he did during his tenure. Going to get interesting if the D's try to stack the court the other way.....

Back
Top Bottom