• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WARNING! Rarebreed FRT-15 Trigger now a Machine Gun according to ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING! ATF CONSIDERS RAREBREED TRIGGER MACHINE GUN NOW

The agency famous for once declaring a shoe string a machine gun has now targeted Florida-based company Rare Breed Triggers. An ATF letter to Rare Breed is floating around social media stating that the FRT-15 trigger has been classified as a machine gun under the National Firearms Act and that Rare Breed needs to cease and desist sales of the FRT-15 and contact the ATF within five days to develop a plan to address those machine guns already distributed.

The ATF concluded the Rare Breed triggers to be a combination of parts designed and intended to convert a semi-automatic weapon into a machine gun. The ATF’s examination found that the Rare Breed trigger allows a firearm to “shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, with a single continuous pull of the trigger.”

The FRT in FRT-15 stands for Forced Reset Trigger, and while I’ve handled one, I understand that they still require one pull of the trigger to function. The user pulls the trigger, the weapon fires, and the FRT-15 forces a reset of the trigger. If the user keeps continuous force on the trigger, it will fire again. This is not an automatic function by any means, and the weapon fires one shot per trigger pull.

The ATF must’ve rolled an above 15 on their D20 and decided it’s time to go rogue once again. The FRT-15 does not seem to meet the definition of a machine gun, but then again, neither did bump stocks.

According to court documents, Rare Breed filed for declaratory and injunctive relief against all Defendants on the 2nd of August, as well as a temporary restraining order, which appeared to be denied on 8/05.

According to court documents, the team at Rare Breed has a hearing this morning in a Florida court regarding the ATF’s action. I’ve reached out for comments from Rare Breed Triggers and have not heard back at the time of publishing. I imagine they are gearing up for the legal battle, and I wish them nothing but luck. Watch this space for updates.

1628865659085.png 1628865678530.png

quadruplicate

The first thread has been discussing this for a while

quadruplicate

The first thread has been discussing this for a while

I see a thread discussing whether it's worth it or not, a thread discussing it's introduction, and a thread selling one.

I see a thread discussing whether it's worth it or not, a thread discussing it's introduction, and a thread selling one.

Scroll to the bottom

Horse, let me introduce you to this bucket of water...

The first thread I linked started as a discussion and now is all about it being banned

So what you're saying is it's not a duplicate or a "quadruplicate" but the first thread about it being banned? But in the thread about it's introduction (not the B/S/T certainly one...) there was some discussion of it being banned, starting an hour or two before this post. You must be fun at parties.

So what you're saying is it's not a duplicate or a "quadruplicate" but the first thread about it being banned? But in the thread about it's introduction (not the B/S/T certainly one...) there was some discussion of it being banned, starting an hour or two before this post. You must be fun at parties.
Mommy, the mean man is harassing me!

Have a lot of coats sitting around? Hang em up.

man-arrested-for-selling-hundreds-of-3d-printed-drop-in-auto-sear-coat-hooks-700x375.jpg

"develop of a plan for addressing those already sold"

Yeah that definitely means there will be sales tracing. I don't f*** with any of that NFA shit. No SBRs, no suppressors, etc. Repeal the NFA altogether. Until then, I have no interest in dealing with the ATF.

One wonders if those YouTube videos are evidence enough of illegal possession of a machine gun for a conviction?

Uhh, considering you need a full auto bolt carrier for the thing to work, this seems like the logical outcome, regardless of feels.

One wonders if those YouTube videos are evidence enough of illegal possession of a machine gun for a conviction?

Just watched a few, hard to argue against what you’re saying unless one can prove their boat recently sank?

lol cwithe.... @CrackPot is right, we dont need 20 RBT15 threads...

thanks @Broccoli Iglesias for this one

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt1qoBXvCOo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom