Warning Amazon Prime Phish

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got an email from these azzholes and thought I would post it here since they are pretty good at what they are doing. I had an account that would expire around this time frame and just went online direct to Am Prime. The cancellation of an old account was late last year, scheduled to expire in Feb 2020 and I opened a new one. The email remained constant.

Someone mentioned an Amazon hack recently, so I went to them direct. I never answer or act on an email like this, just go straight to the horses mouth.

Beware people, these guys are getting more efficient.

DO NOT click on any links in this spoof.

To: [email protected]
Date: February 15, 2020 at 6:00 PM
Subject: [Reminder] Prime membership status for [email protected] has set to renew on 2/15/2020 11:00:42 PM. ID#20060011

A real Amazon Prime logo was here

Your Prime Membership is scheduled to be renewed on
15 February 2020.
We found the details associated with your account are no longer valid. Please use
this link or click on the button below and follow the one-screen instructions to
upgrade the default card or to select a new one for your membership.

UPDATE INFORMATION >

We must try to charge other active cards associated with your account to avoid
interrupting your benefits. And if we are unable to process the membership fee
bill, Your Prime benefits will be suspended.

Sincerely,

© Prime Team

Please note: This email has been sent from an address for notification only that can not accept incoming
emails. Don't respond to these messages please. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us.

(and a link that will not copy over here)

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yeah, I got one of those last week too. I deleted it as soon as I saw it. I was going to say that these scammers must think we are fools but then I realized, many people are.

Thirwell1216

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Always check the email address it's coming from.

• Check the return address: Genuine emails from Amazon always will come from an address ending in "@amazon.com." Check the email's header information. If the "received from," "reply to," or "return path" for the email does not come from "@amazon.com," it is not from Amazon. Most email programs let you examine the source of the email. The method you use to check the header information varies depending upon the email program you use. The following are some examples of fraudulent return addresses:

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Always check the email address it's coming from.

• Check the return address:Genuine emails from Amazon always will come from an address ending in "@amazon.com." Check the email's header information. If the "received from," "reply to," or "return path" for the email does not come from "@amazon.com," it is not from Amazon. Most email programs let you examine the source of the email. The method you use to check the header information varies depending upon the email program you use. The following are some examples of fraudulent return addresses:
^^^^^This^^^^^

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Learn to read email headers, the real source of an email will always be there.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I also never click links within emails that are "associated" with accounts I do have where money is involved. If I have an account and get an email I will go to my saved links, log in to my account as usual, and see if there are any notices. Otherwise I know it is bogus.

Top Bottom