• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Warm weather carry options

I have been looking for a more concealable gun for the coming warmer weather. Problem being, all these little carry guns are WAY to small for my hands! I don't feel comfortable with my finger tips wrapping around my palm to shoot.
Any suggestions from you guys that have bigger hands? I really have no preference on a firearm as long as its reliable, and the grip fits.

If 9mm, PPS/Shield with trigger job, PM9. If you go larger, XDs (45ACP). I love my XDs. Real thin but controllable enough to get accurate follow up shots.

Sig 226.

Its not so much the length, but the width that bothers me on the small pistols.

M&P Shield (9mm & 40) and XDS (45ACP) are currently the kings of the slim pistol. Karh PM9 might be a good option if you prefer the double action trigger pull over a trigger safety.

If you are looking for a summer time carry the Sig P238 or the 938 which will come out in 9mm but with no date when it will hit the Mass market. People tend to knock the .380 round but it will get the job done with good shot placement from the shooter and a little luck in what the round itself hits. You can go smaller to a little pocket .32 or 25acp just understand no matter what size the round no one is going to stand there and let them shoot at them unless they are on drugs or out of there mind. Normal reaction is to run from the threat IE the gun being fired at you lol.

I love my Kahr PM9. Real accurate, disappears in a pocket holster and it is 9mm not 380. Extra mag in a pocket and you are GTG.

The only draw back is it is a bit pricey

Thanks guys. Now I have a few Iv'e gotta check out. Squatch I'm not even sure where South Hadley is, so I'm sure I'm not close. Thanks though.

Depends on your budget too. Glock 26/PM9 are my favorites in the summer. My winter carry is a Glock 19.

Shield is $550 in the classifieds when they pop up. They sell FAST.

HAHA Thanks Beldavius. I am on the SOUTH south shore though. Need generous people down here! Reading is bout an hour from me.

M&P Shield (9mm & 40) and XDS (45ACP) are currently the kings of the slim pistol. Karh PM9 might be a good option if you prefer the double action trigger pull over a trigger safety.

This.

And look into finger extensions for the mags.

The trigger on the pm9 is real nice in my opinion. Try it out.

Speaking of.. Mr.TonyDedo got rid of his beautiful all black no safety pm9 about a month ago, saw it too late with spf on it.
Damn it!! It's still haunting me to this day bro, i wanted it, great summer piece!

But to go from a 226 to that i dont know, get to the lgs and handle some compacts

I'll be nice as well, I have the XDs to try, but not much .45ACP. I can spare maybe 5 rounds to try. Rest is on you. She needs to be broken in some more. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom