Wargames and Hobbyists

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Space Hulk a miniatures based boardgame? I know the card game by the same name which is pretty good.
Yep it is a two player boardgame where one is the Space Marines and the other player is the alien Genestealers. When the genestealers are not in Line of Sight they appear as blips on the board. So kinda gives an Alien-esque movie vibe except being helpless civilians you are super human soldiers with guns and flamethrowers.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Opening this old thread back up! Nice paint Kruger! Getting into 40k myself! If anyone has any stuff collecting dust, let me know, maybe we can work out a trade or something depending on which army!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay trying photos with different lights and camera. Hopefully why won't be so yellowish because of the soft white lights

2015-09-08 21.48.46.jpg2015-09-08 21.49.48.jpg2015-09-08 21.51.19.jpg2015-09-08 21.52.12.jpg

First 2 are Age of Sigmar minis that just need basing

Second 2 are Infinity minis with the right one still a WIP

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Very cool man! What paints you use P3, GW? I have a chaos army to paint, ive been grabbin GW, but have considerin valejo too

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use mostly citadel, but am slowly switching to vallejo because the citadel paint pots waste a lot of paint while the droppers for vallejo dropper bottles are very efficient.

I do love the shades and technical lines for citadel. You get some really cool effects like blood for the blood god and typhus corrosion for rusting metal

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the store i frequent,

http://battlegroundgames.com They're located in Plainville but will be moving the store to Norton in the next month or so. They also have a sister store in abington

40k has died down a bit since the haydays of 5th edition but some of us still show up during the week for pick up games, and once the store is moved they should be getting back on track for doing monthly tournaments. I've got quite a few armies but mainly play my Tau and Space Wolves

Xwing and star wars armada has blown up big time with huge turnouts every week.

@jdubs: If youre looking for Necrons let me know, ive got somewhere between 1500-2000 points still new in box i bought awhile back and never did anything with

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have spent some time in the abington store, but im about the same distance from either one. I'm building a white scars army now and will hopefully get to play the damn game and finish the army in november when im done with this job.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spent some time in the abington store, but im about the same distance from either one. I'm building a white scars army now and will hopefully get to play the damn game and finish the army in november when im done with this job.
The Abington store started doing some tournaments because the 40k guys up there said "i want them, i want them" but then got low turnout. Tournaments have kind of been in decline anyway in 7th edition. New codexs coming out fast and furious is great but on the other hand makes it hard for guys to keep up.

White Scars are still pretty solid with their grav guns, ive seen a lot of guys pair them up with a detachment of wolf cavalry with good results

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sometimes frequent the Abington store for paints, i really don't have an idea about how much wargaming goes on there. All i see most of the time is Magic being played.

I am hoping to find a place to learn and play Infinity because i really fell in love with the aesthetic and realistic proportions compared to the slightly deformed proportions of Warmachine and WH40k

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sometimes frequent the Abington store for paints, i really don't have an idea about how much wargaming goes on there. All i see most of the time is Magic being played.

I am hoping to find a place to learn and play Infinity because i really fell in love with the aesthetic and realistic proportions compared to the slightly deformed proportions of Warmachine and WH40k
Both the stores do a lot of magic events, that's pretty much their main cash flow. They don't sell near enough model kits or boardgames to keep the lights on.

The forums haven't been very busy lately but they are actively posting stuff on the Facebook page. Xwing and armada players are there every week, 40k is not as busy during the week but lately there been doing low point value "combat patrol" events.

I've heard good things about infinity and some of the factions have good looking models. All I really know about it though is its super terrain dependant, I don't think plainville has a usable terrain set for it, maybe Abington does

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to necro this thread hard
Here is my latest creature painted up: A Legion of Everblight BlightBringer.
This thing was pretty costly to buy $80ish but i really like its look. Kinda like a dragon snake langolier

drumenigma

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Battlegrounds in Plainville has a lot of people going in and playing these games. I'm in to board games but not sure I'd dump the money in to something like this.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battlegrounds in Plainville has a lot of people going in and playing these games. I'm in to board games but not sure I'd dump the money in to something like this.
I say it depends it seems like a big investment if you try to calculate it all at once, but when you first start you usually get a starter box or something like that which can be like 50~ or 80-100~ for a two player box (Inifnity, Warmachine, Hordes)

Like when i look at one of my rifles and try to count all the costs associated like accessories, ammo, etc with it then it seems crazy that i put that much into it. If you are around one of those wargaming nights, watch or ask for like an introductory game see if you like it. Since you like board games I can see you enjoying it.

Beyond the gaming aspect i really do enjoy the painting and modeling aspect of the hobby as shown by my numerous posts in the thread.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sorry for my complete lack of knowledge, but I remember way back being told about a miniature's game based on modern weapons called something like CHQ? I just remember almost picking up some bmp's ant t72's (ended up buying 1/87 scale ones instead due to the ease of use).
All I ever see in gaming stores is warhammer and magic cards.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for my complete lack of knowledge, but I remember way back being told about a miniature's game based on modern weapons called something like CHQ? I just remember almost picking up some bmp's ant t72's (ended up buying 1/87 scale ones instead due to the ease of use).
All I ever see in gaming stores is warhammer and magic cards.
I don't know of that a game named that but there are Flames of War that goes from WWII to Vietnam to Arab-Isreali conflict. Then there is Team Yankee which is WW3 with Abrams and A-10's vs T-72's and stuff like that

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't know of that a game named that but there are Flames of War that goes from WWII to Vietnam to Arab-Isreali conflict. Then there is Team Yankee which is WW3 with Abrams and A-10's vs T-72's and stuff like that
Thanks, not that I have money or time but it might be fun to start building up a set for me and the kid when he gets older

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay my first serious attempt at one of those Infinity models. The detail and studio painter Angel Giraldaz really makes it intimidating to start painting these things, but man are they awesome looking. Pretty decent for my first attempt of NMM-esque painting

And i seriously need a better way to photograph them. I need to make a photo booth.

Top Bottom