• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wareham police seize firearms, including two assault rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, they said two AWs. Are SKS's considered AW's now? <Honest question, not trying to be a dink>

huh?

See: http://www.victorinc.com/SKS-FAQ.html#FIXED_DISCUSS

Is a 20-round fixed magazine prohibited?

It has always been assumed that any size fixed magazine was acceptable to ATF. However, ATF has recently taken to saying that “SKS rifles capable of accepting ‘large capacity ammunition feeding devices’ are prohibited from importation.” Therefore, modifying an SKS to use fixed high-capacity magazine is currently also a violation of 922(r).

For more information, check out the discussion on the legality of fixed high-capacity magazines on the Survivor's SKS Boards web site.

Warning: It is unclear exactly when these restrictions on High-capacity Fixed magazines came into effect. This FAQ will assume that since 1998 it is a 922(r) violation to modify an imported SKS Carbine to use one.

g2e22e2000000000000efa48e88eddfcd2478209cf848886981b992caef.jpg

Is that all they got ???

What a joke!

Most of us haul out more stuff than that for a leisurely day at the range. [laugh]

Looks just like what I wanna get with my shiny new C&R license!

Honestly, I don't know how you ma**h***s put up with that crap. (and I mean "ma**h***" in the most affectionate way) [wink]

And WTF is an "unlicensed resident"? That's messed up.

Last edited:
"He led detectives to a room in the house where several weapons and various ammunitions were located in a secured area."

"Townley is due in court on March 20 to face charges of possession of a firearm without an FID card (six counts), possession of ammunition, possession of a large capacity feeding device (four counts), firearm possession with one prior violent crime conviction (juvenile offense)."

He was not cited for improper storage at least.

So were the guns "stored" or on the "streets". Words have meaning. ...

Great point!

So a fixed 10rd magazine semi-automatic rifle with a non-pistol grip, fixed laminate wood stock is now an "assault rifle" ?? Talk about definition creep. How long before a single shot .22LR fits the defintion of assault rifle?

A 91/30 qualifies as an "assault rifle" now?! What would they call my M44, a dangerous concealable weapon?

Once they get everything else.

At least they didn't use the words "Arsenal" or "Armory".

Or cache.

Why in the hell would any gun owner in Mass give "the benefit of the doubt" to a gun confiscation? **** doubt. It's a certainty that freedom is denied here every hour of every day. You can't own a gun without a permit. In the vast majority of America that is rightly considered a joke.

Where is the victim here? Who was harmed by this property crime?

Everyone involved in this idiocy deserves complete contempt. Great job guys. How's it feel to earn a living for stealing private property, putting people in prison for victimless crimes, and violating basic human rights? You are all a bunch of heroes. We peons thank you for what little liberty we are allowed to retain.

10 to 1 this is the result of a pissed off girlfriend.

Replace "pissed" with "ticked", and that is a good letter to the editor right there!

Is that a Nagant revolver? And maybe a Tokarev?

g2e22e2000000000000efa48e88eddfcd2478209cf848886981b992caef.jpg

IN!

"Chief Richard Stanley praised the investigative actions of the Detective Division, as
several dangerous weapons in the possession of an unlicensed resident were removed from the streets of Wareham. Residents can be confident that incidents involving the illegal possession of firearms and ammunition will continue to be considered a matter of the highest priority for the Wareham Police Department."

Are the people of Wareham simple enough to be reassured by this?

Wareham is a very interesting place. Plenty of crime to go around and a PR story like this does make the simple sheep feel safer.

If I were sitting in a restaurant or whatever and some guy came in with an SKS and a holstered Webley, I'd be thinking "What's that gun collector up to? I'd better help that guy out before he gets into trouble here." Seriously. When is the last time somebody committed a crime with a damned Webley?

Its a Mosin 91/30, Two SKS's (those are assault rifles now, even with a fixed 10 round mag) a CZ82, Nagant revolver, Tokarev, and what looks to be some little .25 or .22 pistol.

I also love that they secured "several rounds of ammo", and "Magazine Holders". Cant let those mag holders run amok ya know. [wink]

Good catch. with that "arsenal", he's obviously a commie.....

That's unpleasant, literally 2 streets from me. What exactly did he do to bring attention to himself I wonder. Unless they were just knocking on doors asking "Do you have any guns? Yes, well then lets see your license."

thank god this man was caught, how many crimes do we hear about everyday caused by assault SKS, That Mosin can go through body army and has a heat seaking projectile that targets babies. Im glad this man is off the streets......... [rolleyes]

Chief Richard Stanley praised detectives’ investigation, as several dangerous weapons in the possession of an unlicensed resident were removed from Wareham’s streets.

They weren't on Wareham's streets. They were in a secure area in the guy's home.

My wife saw the picture of the assault rifles and said it was scary... my response was only if you were a commie from the 40s.

Im trying to understand this. So he dosn't have an FID or LTC, but owned these guns/ammo? Even if they're antiques dont you still need licencing to own them? Especially if you have ammo too?

Well he has a friend with a C&R license for sure all the firearms are C&Rs. I have to admit a drive by with a Nagant Revolver would be funny as hell follow it up with 4 feet of Nagant sticking out the back window of a Honda civic [rofl]

Im trying to understand this. So he dosn't have an FID or LTC, but owned these guns/ammo? Even if they're antiques dont you still need licencing to own them? Especially if you have ammo too?

You're right, most drug dealers do get the proper licensing for their firearms.

That's the whole point. In Mass you need a license to own a gun. Take this guy and his property and move him to any of about 45 other states in America and this doesn't happen. That's what Mass has done to gun owners. We are all criminals by default, and only excused if we first ask permission which is granted at the discretion of the local police chief. I don't which is more pathetic -- that this happens, or that most of the people who live here think it's normal.

I Didnt know he was a drug dealer. I guess that answers my question. Thanks for your sarcastic clarification.

I'm assuming based on the picture that shows what appears to be bricks of some sort of white substance. I'm no expert though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom