• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ware gunshop groupon

7 years ago i walked in to buy a handgun , i was 21 and they had so many i couldn't choose, it took forever. Last time i was in there, most of it was blocked off and a tumbleweed was rolling around the floor.

Actually Mike, it hasn't been that great for years. It's just a stop on the gun shop loop when I decide to travel from Tombstone to Nick's Sport Shop by way of R & R in Belchertown .

I stopped by just this Tuesday at @ 1300. The sign read open, the lights were on but the doors were locked. I called the number and got a message giving the hours of operation. It was supposed to be open but it wasn't. Although, no great loss. Last time I was in there they had fewer guns on display than I do.

I checked out there facebook page and it looks like there doing a ton of classes with the groupon. I gotta give them kudos for bringing new shooters out for training as its beneficial for all of us.

Not sure i would buy anything there that goes bang. Heard you may get the guberment looking into purchases due to missing sales. Guys that work there are great, the owner though...

Is this the same Ware Gun Shop owned by Michael Weisser (a.k.a. mikethegunguy or "Mike The Gun Guy")?

Weisser writes for the Huffington Post and the Daily Kos and uses his credentials as a "gun store owner" to support just about all the anti-gun causes. He is for banning lead ammo and says that guns are just "toys" and people who own them do so for a "hobby" and the haven't really needed guns since 1890 when the frontier closed.

Is this the same Ware Gun Shop owned by Michael Weisser (a.k.a. mikethegunguy or "Mike The Gun Guy")?

Weisser writes for the Huffington Post and the Daily Kos and uses his credentials as a "gun store owner" to support just about all the anti-gun causes. He is for banning lead ammo and says that guns are just "toys" and people who own them do so for a "hobby" and the haven't really needed guns since 1890 when the frontier closed.
Yep, that's the guy. A real piece of work. I wouldn't buy a toothpick from him.

Mike Weisser: A Gun Shop Owner's Perspective: Why Illinois Should Not Pass the Concealed Carry Law

Amazon.com: Michael R. Weisser: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

Yep, same guy. I went there some years ago to buy a S&W 5906TSW only because S&W was sponsoring a good sale price. Bought the firearm, but never went back after dealing with the owner...

First, they guy is an @$$hole to most people when they walk in. The only time he is nice to someone is if they wear a badge or if you worked with him at his previous company. In addition to that, his classes are crap. He discourages people from shooting any way that is not his own. My wife went there for his LTC groupon/live fire and stated that she never did the live fire part for some reason. The only thing that Mike did was allow people to hold a dummy pistol. Even still, my wife came home thinking that both thumbs wrapped around the opposite side of the firearm was the correct way to hold it.

So in a brief summary, the store sucks, it smells, he smells, he closes early, he is rude, he likes to throw civilians under the bus, he is anti 2a, and he is a poor excuse of a LTC instructor. On the plus side, he did sell me Winchester primers a month or so ago for $27 because of my brother being in the store with me (my brother is a cop).

I only had one experience there and it was good. That said, largely due to his politics I won't stop in anymore. Gun owners don't need hypocrite idiots like that.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

[puke]

Oh, BTW -- Welcome to NES !

I pass by it on my commute... haven't stopped in for over 5 years since I inquired about ordering a Springfield M1A. The son told me "I don't know when they'll be in AND I can charge you whatever I want". I replied "No, you can't charge me anything for any of your goods" and walked out.

Tombstone gets most of my business. Unfortunately I drive by them twice a day as well [wink]

If this is true this is just frosting on the turd cake. Might as well start calling himself "Gun Room, West". A close friend of mine went there a few years ago and wanted to buy something and the way the staffers treated him was absurd. He almost got into a fistfight with one of them and had to just leave before he got too pissed off, that's how ****ed up that shop is. I've also had feedback from people who brought women into the store and said they were treated poorly.

-Mike

and groupon is an anti-gun company, IIRC they simply pulled their ads for firearm-related shit. they don't want our money. at least they come out and say it so we don't need to rabble up a boycott.

Back
Top Bottom