WaPo: Opinion I bought a gun — and I intend to use it - Deer Hunting Opinion Piece

In the article, the author takes plenty of snipes at the NRA and gun owners in general. They ended up with a Bergara B-14 in .30-06, and will no doubt be seeing an orthopedist about shoulder pain sometime this December. Fudd or not, there's the off chance they will learn something.

Frankly for a rifle just to take deer a .243 is probably enough and way easier on he shoulder.

Also, yes, deer are very delicious vermin. I'm 100% on that bandwagon as the deer ate the hosta at my parents house. I spent way too much time planting those to let it slide.

Awesome, another anti gun/anti hunter/ pro dem article from Wa Po.....from a guy that really doesnt want to hunt, but because hes such a tree hugger, now has to kill all the deer. This is the same motherfxcker that caused the overpopulation problem in the first place by probably being a member of PETA......now..........begrudgingly and stupidly trying to fix a problem he help create.

Id give this a**h*** a lot more credit if he'd just own up to being stupid.......admitting that its nice to have simple gun laws in Virginia, so they can add hunters to fix problems, and add in all the high points of hunting.....not bring to light every and all negatives.

Typical WaPo bullshit........All likely paid for by insurance companies in the 95 corridor to cull the herd from hitting vehicles.

And holy shit, the comments are mind numbing how stupid and detached from nature and sheepish people have become.

Last edited:
That was tough to read. Major drama queen.

I give him 3 hours sitting in a tree stand before he gets bored and never does it again.

That was tough to read. Major drama queen.

I give him 3 hours sitting in a tree stand before he gets bored and never does it again.
I'll take the under on 3 hours, once his thong rides up his ass that rifle will be on consignment somewhere or virtue signaled to a gun 'buyback' in another article

I call BS
I seriously doubt he knew the guy had a ".270 rifle" or "homemade" ammo nor that there was a kaboom (rare) adjacent to him during a lesson
Nor would he have known about the $150 online "Assault Rifle" being fired down the line

100% fictional antigun bovine excrement

I call BS
I seriously doubt he knew the guy had a ".270 rifle" or "homemade" ammo nor that there was a kaboom (rare) adjacent to him during a lesson
Nor would he have known about the $150 online "Assault Rifle" being fired down the line

100% fictional antigun bovine excrement
This for sure the amount of negative anti gun bullshit is amazing...he can't help but be an anti gun douche.

This fxcking guy isn't hunting shit and probably made the whole story up to help insurance companies get wackos of his kind on board for deer hunting.

If he does shoot the 30-06 his mangina will be bleeding so heavily he will never recover.

Back
Top Bottom