Want a 'fix-er-upper' in San Fran??

Palladin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

out of their minds!!! Iconic home, but WTF, to to get a sandwich and there's a guy shitting on the sidewalk !!!

Photos:

New owner.......if she needs an electrician, I'm available.

Last edited:

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sounds like a pretty opulent renovation.
even in CA, a million in renovations would be pretty over the top. To get to 3 million in renovations, you have to be flying in antique toilets from France, getting italian craftsmen to come over and do the tile mosaics out of marble , putting in a thousand bottle wine cellar in the basement, car lift in to store your teslas and lamborghinis....and on and on.

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
sounds like a pretty opulent renovation.
even in CA, a million in renovations would be pretty over the top. To get to 3 million in renovations, you have to be flying in antique toilets from France, getting italian craftsmen to come over and do the tile mosaics out of marble , putting in a thousand bottle wine cellar in the basement, car lift in to store your teslas and lamborghinis....and on and on.
Or cleaning up after the homeless.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"Culver is a software engineer by trade who has worked in the industry since the early days of the internet and is now running a podcast app company."

She's 37 years old which means she was born in 1983. Early days of the internet? What, was she 10 when she started in the industry which really started (as we know it) in the early 90's? The WWW was "invented" in 1989 when she was 6 years old.

Last edited:

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not understand. If I had $6.5 million burning a hole in my pocket, the very LAST place I'd be looking to live is San Francisco. Or LA, or NYC, or ...

Cities suck. Crowded, noisy, stinky. And that's before the Bug-Of-The-Week infects half of it.

Haven't these people heard of Zoom, VPNs, ... ??

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"Culver is a software engineer by trade who has worked in the industry since the early days of the internet and is now running a podcast app company."

She's 37 years old which means she was born in 1983. Early days of the internet? What, was she 10 when she started in the industry which really started (as we know it) in the early 90's? The WWW was "invented" in 1989 when she was 6 years old.
According to Wikipedia, she didn't even graduate college with a computer scince degree until 2006.

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do not understand. If I had $6.5 million burning a hole in my pocket, the very LAST place I'd be looking to live is San Francisco. Or LA, or NYC, or ...

Cities suck. Crowded, noisy, stinky. And that's before the Bug-Of-The-Week infects half of it.

Haven't these people heard of Zoom, VPNs, ... ??
I would be all over a 1,000 acre ranch with no close neighbors.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
Every floor in those photos has asbestos tiles, the place has enough heavily leaded and cadmium containing paint to make batteries, knob and tube wiring + cotton jacketed wire, lead alloy soft brass threaded pipe and solder, water damage, pest infestations, toxic mold, and G-d knows what else biological and petroleum contamination. She's going to wind up spending the equivalent of the purchase price making the place habitable with everything wrong with it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

out of their minds!!! Iconic home, but WTF, to to get a sandwich and there's a guy shitting on the sidewalk !!!

Photos:

You've obviously never been to SF. Yeah it's a liberal shithole...but it's not like people shit on every single sidewalk.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Photos:

I'm not a plumber but I can... Well, never mind. [smile]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IDK...I've actually been there. Most of the city is pretty nice. I saw no human shit.

I'd never live there for obvious reasons. Every large city sucks IMO, for various reasons and for SF especially how far off the reservation it is in terms of liberal insanity...but it's actually a pretty fun city to visit for a weekend. But you saw a poo map so you know everything there is to know about it.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK...I've actually been there. Most of the city is pretty nice. I saw no human shit.

I'd never live there for obvious reasons. Every large city sucks IMO, for various reasons and for SF especially how far off the reservation it is in terms of liberal insanity...but it's actually a pretty fun city to visit for a weekend. But you saw a poo map so you know everything there is to know about it.
My folks honeymooned in Hawaii, and stopped off there on the way... in 1992. They told tales of stinky bums then. Doubtless it's only gotten worse.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My folks honeymooned in Hawaii, and stopped off there on the way... in 1992. They told tales of stinky bums then. Doubtless it's only gotten worse.
depends on neighborhood though. There's stinky bums in boston. Boston's a political shithole, but writing off the whole city as an all encompassing shithole because Mattapan and Roxbury exist is kinda dumb. LA has skid row, SF has tenderloin district. I wouldn't go anywhere near either of those areas. I'd never live in Boston or any other big city for that matter, mostly bc I hate people and like space...but I find most cities have some cool/fun shit to see and do if you can put politics aside for a day or 2.....

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on neighborhood though. There's stinky bums in boston. Boston's a political shithole, but writing off the whole city as an all encompassing shithole because Mattapan and Roxbury exist is kinda dumb. LA has skid row, SF has tenderloin district. I wouldn't go anywhere near either of those areas. I'd never live in Boston or any other big city for that matter, mostly bc I hate people and like space...but I find most cities have some cool/fun shit to see and do if you can put politics aside for a day or 2.....
They were staying in touristy places, and the bums were VERY aggressive (and VERY stinky).

Cities have homeless populations, and try to deal with them the best they can. SF is notorious for letting them get out of control, and, in my folks' case, that's all the way back in 1992!!!

Top Bottom